Auditions, BBQ & Trip Info… & Did I hear SPRING BREAK! Ready, Set, GO!!!
I know it doesn’t feel like it today, but Spring Break is almost here! One more week….
Trojan Band Barbecue
It is almost Spring, and that means, time for the annual Trojan Band Barbecue! This is one of my favorite events!
- May 3, 2018
- Visitors’ Concession Stand of Grisham Stadium
- Students are required to sell 30 tickets to this event. If students do not sell tickets, a donation of $175 is requested. Selling tickets is easier than you think! Sell tickets at your work, to your family, neighbors, teachers, and local businesses. Our community knows about this and is just waiting for your to ASK.
- Tickets will be available soon!
- Make plans to volunteer at this awesome fundraiser!
- We will have a planning meeting THIS Tuesday at 5:30 pm, the location is to be determined. Please join us and help us make this the BEST, most successful BBQ yet!
Auditions are this Tuesday, March 27. Students should have received an etude and should perform their etude, scales, and sight-reading for the audition. For a full break down of the audition process please visit https://chstrojanband.com/bandauditions.
The auditions are important to ensure that we are serving our students in the appropriate band class. As you know we have three amazing concert bands that all come together to create our Trojan Band! The Concert Band is an on level high school band, the Symphonic Band is an accelerated high school band experience, and the Wind Ensemble closely resembles a collegiate band experience. By preparing concerts in smaller ensembles, we are able to increase personal responsibility and expose our students to more literature that is appropriate for their skill level. Additionally, it allows more students to exercise leadership potential in their respective ensembles by performing solos and leading their sections.
Auditions will take place after school and will involve our current 8th -11th graders. Students are welcome to warm-up and practice with one another in the band room before their auditions. Eighth Graders are welcome to report right after school and either practice with some of our current high school students before auditioning, or get in line and be heard at the next available audition time. Our goal is to finish all auditions by 6:00PM. Students are welcome to go home once they are finished auditioning. A phone is available in the band room if your child needs to call you when they are finished.
Congratulations to our Winter Guard!!
Our Winter Guard competed at Kell yesterday and placed 2nd with their highest score of the season, 82.3! Way to go, Winter Guard!!!
Hollywood Trip Reminders!
All travelers need to have paid $459 each so far toward their trip.
We have been having some delays with Super Holiday Tours posting payments made with cash or check. As a result, we will begin to track cash and check payments through Charms, like we did with the trip to New York. We hope that this will resolve some frustration that keep coming up with accounts and payments.
We need ALL travelers need to register on the Super Holiday Tours Website at www.superholiday.com and going to Online Trip Registration. Our trip code is: CHS30117-18B. Please complete that registration ASAP! All the accounting for the trip is being done by them so they need you to register so they can apply the funds you have paid to your account.
- Super Holiday Tours Payment Deadlines & Suggested Monthly Payment Schedule:
- Payment ScheduleOriginal $50 per person deposit, most travelers have already paid, DUE BY February 23, 2018 to confirm group reservations. (non refundable)
- $419.00 per person deposit DUE BY March 23, 2018
- $419.00 per person deposit DUE BY May 23, 2018
- $419.00 per person deposit DUE BY August 23, 2018
- $433.00 Balance for students and whatever is left for adults (will vary based on single or double occupancy)DUE BY October 23, 2018
- If you would like to pay monthly, which for many is easier to manage your payment schedule should be:
- February per person $188 + original $50 deposit ($238 total for Feb.)
- March per person $188
- April per person $188
- May per person $188
- June per person $188
- July per person $188
- August per person $188
- September per person $188
- October per person $186
2. Payments may be made with cash or check to Carrollton High School Band Boosters and placed in the safe in Mr. Bright’s office or the Band Booster Box. ALL envelopes should be labeled with:
- Student’s name
- Adult’s name (those traveling with us)
- Amount enclosed
3. Payments may also be made by credit card directly with the travel company. Please see the attached link for instructions for using the Super Holiday Tours website. The $50 deposits that have been made for all registered travelers have been sent and will be added to the travel company website over the next few days.
- How to register as a traveler and make a payment directly to the travel company, Super Holiday Tours
Dates To Remember!
- March 27 – Band Auditions
- March 27 – Band Barbecue Planning Meeting
- April 7-8 – Winter Guard SAPA Championships in Chattanooga, TN
- April 19 – General Band Booster Spring Meeting
- April 26 – Orientation for 8th grade band parents
- May 1 – Band Banquet and Awards (This event is for Band students and their parents)
- May 3 – Band Barbecue
- May 8 – Spring Concert
- May 12 – Band Prom
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band