The year will be over in just a few short weeks, but these last few weeks are packed! We have: A General Booster Meeting, and 8th Grade Parent Orientation Meeting, the annual Band BBQ, Band Dinner & Awards Night, Band Prom, a Spring Concert, and a Coke fundraiser! WOW!!
Band BBQ – May 3, 2018
Band BBQ packets were distributed to students on Tuesday & Wednesday, April 10th & 11th. Have you seen them? If you have not, please ask your student. If they have not picked up their packet, please ask them to see Ms. Dothard first thing Monday morning! Many local businesses are happy to support our band program during BBQ time, and they look for our students, so don’t be afraid to ask! Remember, for groups of 10 or more, we are happy to offer local delivery, and it’s a great selling point!
Students selling all 30 of their tickets will be entered into a drawing to win one of several prizes offered this year for top sellers, some of which includes:
- Trojan Band Shoppe gift certificates ($50, $30, and $20)
- Trojan Store gift certificates ($50, $30, and $20)
- Band Lot parking space
- $50 off Fall Marching Fees
- And more!
So sell, sell, SELL and keep selling! If you need more tickets, please see Ms. Dothard.
Don’t forget! Packet turn-in night:
- Thursday, April 26th from 4:00 pm until 6:00pm in the Band Room.
- Packets may also be turned in during 8th grade parent orientation which begins at 6:30pm in the band room.
- All money, checks, and any unsold tickets should be returned at that time. Please also provide a list of any promised delivery groups, delivery details, and contact information for the day of delivery!
Please plan to join us to help on Thursday, May 3rd, BBQ Day! It’s such a fun day!
Charms sign-ups will be made available very soon!
Band Dinner and Awards Night – May 1, 2018
We will once again enjoy catering by Longhorn Steakhouse for our Band Dinner on May 1st! Each person eating dinner will need to pay $12. Payments can be made by check (made out to the CHS Band Boosters), cash, or credit card (https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/). We will be able to take credit cards by Wednesday of this week. Sorry for the delay. Payments will need to be made by April 27th to reserve your meal! We also have a dessert sign up at: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4063863
Please make plans for you and your family to attend this fun evening where we celebrate the success of our kids! Also, sign up to bring dessert to share!
Band Prom – May 12, 2018
The Band Prom is a night where our band students get dressed up and dance! Students decorate the band room and bring snacks to share. Students will decide on the band prom theme this week. It is a fun night for our band students! Please encourage your student to participate!
Dates To Remember!
- April 23-26 4:00-6:30 pm- Percussion Placement Auditions
- April 23, 24 & 26 4:00-8:00pm- Color Guard Auditions
- April 24 – General Band Booster Spring Meeting 6:30 pm ** NOTE NEW DATE
- April 26 – Orientation for 8th grade band parents 6:30 pm
- April 26 – BBQ turn-in 4-6 pm
- May 1 – Band Banquet and Awards Night 6 pm (This event is for Band students and their parents- $12 per person)
- May 3 – Band Barbecue
- May 8 – Spring Concert 7 pm
- WORLD PREMIERE – Grosso Blue by Katahj Copley featuring former Trojan Daniel Kuntz on clarinet, Kyle Willoughby on Bass Clarinet, and Mr. Carr on clarinet. It is going to be awesome! You don’t want to miss this concert!
- May 12 – Band Prom
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band