We ONLY have 4 weeks left of school! For those of us with Seniors, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?? We have an amazing group of seniors that are preparing to graduate and work towards becoming adults! They will be missed! This also means that we have lots to do and celebrate. Band Dinner, Band BBQ, Spring Concert, Coke Fundraiser, Band Prom, graduation, and preparing for another awesome Band Camp!
General Band Booster Meeting
Please join us this Tuesday, April 24th at 6:30 pm in the Don Hall Band Room for the Spring Booster Meeting. We will be voting for officers, reviewing trip information, and getting ready for band camp and next year.
Band BBQ – May 3, 2018
Have you began selling BBQ tickets? If you have not, please ask your student where their packet is and SELL THOSE TICKETS. If they have not picked up their packet, please ask them to see Ms. Dothard first thing Monday morning! Many local businesses are happy to support our band program during BBQ time, and they look for our students, so don’t be afraid to ask! Remember, for groups of 10 or more, we are happy to offer local delivery, and it’s a great selling point!
Students selling all 30 of their tickets will be entered into a drawing to win one of several prizes offered this year for top sellers, some of which includes:
- Trojan Band Shoppe gift certificates ($50, $30, and $20)
- Trojan Store gift certificates ($50, $30, and $20)
- Band Lot parking space
- $50 off Fall Marching Fees
- And more!
So sell, sell, SELL and keep selling! If you need more tickets, please see Ms. Dothard.
Don’t forget! Packet turn in night:
- Thursday, April 26th from 4:00 pm until 6:00pm in the Band Room.
- Packets may also be turned in during 8th grade parent orientation which begins at 6:30pm in the band room.
- All money, checks, and any unsold tickets should be returned at that time. Please also provide a list of any promised delivery groups and contact information for the day of delivery!
Tickets may be purchased online at: https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/BBQ-Fundraiser/#/list
- If tickets are purchased online, there will be a spot at the BBQ where the list of online purchased tickets will be.
Please plan to join us to help on Thursday, May 3rd, BBQ Day! It’s such a fun day!
Charms sign ups will be made available very soon!
Band Dinner and Awards – May 1, 2018
We will once again enjoy catering by Longhorn Steakhouse for our Band Dinner on May 1st! Each person eating dinner will need to pay $12. Payments can be made by check (made out to the CHS Band Boosters), cash, or credit card (https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/). Payments will need to be made by April 27th to reserve your meal! We also have a dessert sign up at: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4063863
Menu: Steak, baked potato, salad, bread, tea or lemonade. Vegetarian option available upon prior request. Please email email@example.com ASAP prior to the event if you wish to request a vegetarian meal.
Please make plans for you and your family to attend this fun evening where we celebrate the success of our kids! Also, sign up to bring dessert to share!
Band Prom – May 12, 2018
The Band Prom is a night where our band students get dressed up and dance! Students decorate the band room and bring snacks to share. Students will decide on the band prom theme this week. It is a fun night for our band students! Please encourage your student to participate!
Dates To Remember!
- April 23-26 4:00-6:30 pm- Percussion Placement Auditions
- April 23, 24 & 26 4:00-8:00pm- Color Guard Auditions
- April 24 – General Band Booster Spring Meeting 6:30 pm ** NOTE NEW DATE
- April 26 – Orientation for 8th grade band parents 6:30 pm
- April 26 – BBQ turn in 4-6 pm
- May 1 – Band Banquet and Awards 6 pm (This event is for Band students and their parents- $12 per person)
- May 3 – Band Barbecue
- May 8 – Spring Concert 7 pm
- WORLD PREMIERE – Grosso Blue by Katahj Copley featuring former Trojan Daniel Kuntz on clarinet, Kyle Willoughby on Bass Clarinet, and Mr. Carr on clarinet. It is going to be awesome! You don’t want to miss this concert!
- May 12 – Band Prom
Band Audition Results
Wow! Our students’ hard work continues to be evident year after year! Posting audition results is always bittersweet because we have some students who have set personal records that we want to celebrate and others who may be unhappy with the results because although they improved they did not achieve the chair results that they desired. I hope that we all realize that competition can make us push harder as long as we all remain fun to compete with. This means that when things do go our way we remain encouraging of those who may not have had the same experience and if they did not go our way we remain optimistic and realize that the ability to improve our results resides in our willingness to improve individual practice habits. Besides, auditions are a snap shot of your overall improvement. As imperfect as audition processes are, it is similar to a job interview. You get one shot to make the best impression you can. We continue to grow as a band program because our students are willing to put their best foot forward at audition time. Thank you for trying your best and encouraging one another to achieve excellence! 2018 results
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters