Carroll County Band Exhibition
Tuesday, September 26th is the Carroll County Band Exhibition. The event will begin at 6:30 at Central High School. There is a $5 charge for parking and tickets for the event are $6 per person. The following is the schedule for that evening.
- 6:30 PM Recognition of Principals, Booster Presidents and Board of Education Members / National Anthem
- 6:45 PM Bowdon H. S.
- 7:05 PM Mt. Zion H.S.
- 7:25 PM Temple H. S.
- 7:50 PM Villa Rica H. S.
- 8:20 PM Carrollton H. S.
- 8:50 PM Central-Carroll H.S.
- 9:15 PM Univ. of West Georgia
Schedule for the Week:
- Monday – Full Band Practice – 3:45 – 6:15 PM
- Tuesday – Exhibition
- Load Trailer 3:30 PM
- Dinner 4 pm – Chick-fil-A (provided by the boosters)
- In Uniform – 4:45 PM
- Depart CHS for Central 5 PM
- Approx. arrival at CHS – 10:30 PM
- Thursday – FULL BAND – 6 – 9 PM
- Friday’s itinerary is below
Thursday (9/28) – Band Booster Club Meeting & LoC Volunteer Information/Training Session
- Thursday – 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- Presentation by Dr. Albertus and Mr. Brooks
- All-In-One Fundraiser
- Legacy of Champions Information/Training Session
Friday’s (9/29) Varsity Football Game vs. Rome
- Friday (at Rome High School)
- Load trailer 3:30 pm
- Dinner 4 pm – Pizza (provided by boosters)
- In uniform 4:45 pm
- Depart CHS for Rome – 5 pm
- Approx. Midnight Return back to CHS*
- *(approx. times; watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates)
Saturday’s (9/30) Competition Itinerary Baldwin High School – Milledgeville, GA
- Details about attending this event as a spectator to follow later in the week. Please note that we will have very limited passes to this event and spectators will need to pay to get into the event. Admission Fee: General Admission tickets to the Oconee Classic are $10.00. Ages 4-18 $5.00; 3 and under admitted free. GMEA and GHSA cardholders will be admitted for free. Links to Performance Schedule & Directions to Braves Field
- 10:00 AM Report to practice field
- 1:00 PM Lunch – Subway (provided by boosters)
- 1:00 PM Load trailer
- 2:00 PM Depart CHS
- Pack a snack or 2 for the bus in case the concession stand is not open
- 5:00 PM Arrive at BHS
- Kids will receive a snack to help them get through the performance
- 6:25 PM Warm-Up
- 7:40 PM Performance
- Students will have a little bit of time for concessions if they are still open
- 9:00 PM Awards
- 10:00 PM Depart for dinner ($5 turn in to Ms. Dothard by Thursday 9/28)
- 11:00 PM Dinner eat in route to CHS
- 1:00 AM Arrive back at CHS
Please note that this week all Field Show Volunteers MUST be in ALL BLACK! That means BLACK shirt and BLACK pants!
- Carroll County Exhibition – Tuesday
- Rome Football Game at Rome – Friday
- Baldwin High School Competition- Saturday
Legacy Of Champions
We need you! Did you know that volunteering at the Legacy of Champions is actually expected of all of our boosters/parents? All band students are required to work the entire day and parents/band boosters are expected to work at least one volunteer shift during the event, but highly encouraged to commit to working the whole day.
The success of our event takes the support and efforts of ALL of our parents/boosters. So please take a moment and visit our volunteer page: https://chstrojanband.com/volunteer/ and review all of the various sign-ups available for the event. We specifically need help staffing gates and ticket booths, traffic controllers, fried Oreo stand, and general volunteers. We also need volunteers willing to bring desserts, lend ATVs, golf carts, and/or equipment trailers. There is something for everyone! The most important part is to just be involved, so please take time to sign-up today! https://chstrojanband.com/volunteer/
Don’t forget to attend the LoC information/training meeting as part of the General Booster Meeting on September 28, 2017 at 6:30 in the band room!
CHS Band Staff & Boosters
Categories: CHS Band