After a very long day on Friday full of homecoming festivities, which included a morning pep rally, a 1.5 mile parade, 2 pep rallies for some local retirement homes, debuting new uniforms, a pregame pep rally in the amp, extra time added to pregame for GPB, an exciting game, serving as homecoming accompaniment for halftime, and a full performance of the show post game, with collaboration by our football team to help pull the flag during Battle Hymn, our students showed up again on Saturday and provided an absolutely outstanding performance at Northgate HS!!!
The scoring was extremely close and we were awarded Superior Ratings in band, percussion, and Colorguard. We ranked 1st in class AAAA for Colorguard and 2nd in class band, as well as in percussion. Drum majors received special recognition and personal medals because this competition only provided comments for drum majors. Overall out of 16 bands, our band placed 3rd, Colorguard placed 2nd, and percussion placed 4th. Additionally, we tied for first place in Overall Effect!
Our final score was a 95/100, which is a tremendous accomplishment! At the end of the night we were .15 points behind Starr’s Mill and 1 point behind Ola.
Congratulations band! You make us proud everyday!
We look forward to continuing the Journey on Monday as we prepare this week to host our annual Legacy of Champions marching competition on Saturday! Go Trojans!!! (PS. Thank you Cheryl Moore for these photos!)
Week at a Glance:
- Monday: Full Band 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Tuesday: Full Band 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Thursday: Full Band 6:00PM – 9:00PM
- Friday: Away vs. Paulding County HS • Volunteer Here
- 3:45 PM Load Instruments
- 4:00 PM Dinner
- 5:00 PM Uniform Check
- 5:15 PM Depart for PCHS
- 6:30 PM Arrive
- 7:30 PM Kick-off
- 11:30 PM Approx. arrival back at CHS
- Saturday: Legacy of Champions • More Information Below
Legacy of Champions • October 9
This Saturday, we will host our annual marching band competition, the Legacy of Champions (LoC). Many of our parents have already signed up to volunteer, THANK YOU SO MUCH! We look forward to working with you to make this The Gold Standard in Marching Competitions. We appreciate your willingness to go the extra mile as hosts for our bands. This is our opportunity to provide an experience that they will not soon forget, the Carrollton experience.
We are still in need of some volunteers however. You can access the volunteer lists below, please remind your friends to sign up.
Volunteer opportunities in each area include all-day, and 1st or 2nd shift, with shifts being approx 5-6 hours and all day is 10-12 hours. We will not know the exact start/stop times of the event or shifts until band registration closes two weeks prior to the event. Full-timing details will then be communicated directly with each volunteer area, specific to your duties.
- LOC Food Item Donations Needed – Sign-up here Some items needed for the hospitality suites include: Brownies, chips, cookies, etc.
- LOC Concessions Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Fryers, Grillers, General concessions help prepping food, customer service, sales, etc.
- LOC Hospitality Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: General hospitality duties: preparing, staging, warming, serving food, decorating, cleaning, etc.
- LOC Volunteers (General) – E-mail Us Here Some duties include: No preference, willing to do whatever needs to be done, duties as assigned, etc.
- LOC Volunteers (Set up / Clean up) Sign up here Some duties include: General set up Friday 10/08/21: 10:00pm-12:00am & General Clean up Saturday 10/09/21: 10:00pm-12:00am – Those that volunteer for these shifts are excused from other duties/responsibilities during the event!
- LOC Logistics Volunteers
- (Equipment & Traffic) – Sign-up here Some duties include: Traffic control, equipment handlers/haulers, etc.
- LOC Logistics Volunteers (Parking) Sign up here Some duties include: Parking attendants, bus/truck/equipment parking, etc.
- LOC Equipment to Lend – Sign-up here Some items needed include: ATVs, golf carts, equipment trailers, etc.
- LOC Admission Gates & Press Box Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Judges assistant, gate attendants, ticket booth, trophy assistants, etc.
- LOC Registration Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Band check-in, registration, etc.
- LOC Vendors Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Photographers, Booster/event sales (spirit pops, shout-outs, snacks, etc.), fried Oreo stand, etc.
- LOC Financial Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Managing financial aspects of the event
- Students use this form to sign-up for shift preferences.
Concessions protocol for the new uniforms:
We are very fortunate to have new uniforms and will be debuting them this Friday for homecoming and wearing them again on Saturday for our marching competition. Students should use good judgement when eating food in our new uniforms and should refrain from the following: powdered sugar, globs of ketchup/mustard, or other dips (polynesian sauce, nacho cheese, etc.) while in uniform. Additionally, students are only permitted to drink clear liquids (water, Sprite, etc.) while in our new uniforms. Any uniform that has to be cleaned because of a student’s failure to follow these guidelines will be cleaned at the expense of the student’s parents.
Access Road Behind the Band Room
The access road behind the band room that connects our room to the driveway of our storage building is not for thru traffic. On Friday night we had some parents pull through this access road while we were still unloading equipment. This poses a safety issue for our parents/students who were entering and exiting the garage while unloading equipment.
Keep our bus entrance clear
Please do not to park in the bus loop after an away game / band events. Thank you for your help in keeping this roadway clear for our students and volunteers to return without obstruction and expediting our unloading process so that we all can go home sooner and safely.
All in 1 Sale
The All In One packets were given out last week. We are selling Grapefruit, Hamlin Oranges, Navel Oranges, Mandarins, Mixed Fruit, Spiral Honey Glazed Ham, Whole Cajun Turkey, Smoked Turkey Breast, Pork Sausage Patties and Peppered Bacon. Our community is very supportive of the All-In-One sale – they are just waiting for us to ask them to support us. Thank you so much for helping us to continue providing for all of our students.
Also, please share this on social media to let your friends and family know that they can access the sale at http://www.chsbandshop.com. All products still have to be picked up because we do not offer shipping, but this is a great way to spread the word.
Health Class • Due by end of Fall Break
More info about the health class can be found by using the link above or following this link: https://chstrojanband.com/health-in-band/
TWO WEEKS LEFT • The due date for the health class assignments was by the first week of school, but I am happy to allow the students to have extra time without penalty. If your child has not completed the eADAP course, they are officially behind and next to get busy. In addition to the eADAP course, they have 9 Units to complete in order to earn health/PE credit through participation in Marching Band. Please make sure this is 100% completed by the end of Fall Break (October 18).
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- Regular rehearsal schedule
- Mondays 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesdays 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Thursdays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Friday (Football Games)
- 10.8 Away vs. PCHS
- 10.9 LoC
- 10.11 – 10.15 No School – Fall Break
- 10.17 Health Class is DUE
- 10.19 County Exhibition
- 10. 22 Home vs. East Paulding * 8th Grade Night
- 10.23 Final Competition at Cass HS
- 10.29 Away vs. Alexander
Categories: CHS Band