With a huge win over Lithonia this past Friday, the Trojans advance to round two of the GHSA football playoffs. Our next game is way against Thomas County Central in Thomasville, GA. This will be quite a trek for the Trojans Nation, but transportation plans for the band have already been ironed out. Principal Brooks has already made arrangements for our school buses and drivers to transport the band, the cheerleaders and the football team to the game on Friday. We are all excited and hoping for a Trojan victory for sure, but most importantly, we are asking that the community keep everyone traveling down to Thomasville in your thoughts and prayers for safe travels both ways.
We also have our All-In-One pick-up days coming up at the end of the week as well. So don’t forget volunteer and/or stop by the Tabernacle Baptist Church parking lot either this Friday from 8:00am until 6:00pm or Saturday from 8:00am until 12:00pm to pick up your orders. Anything not picked-up by noon on Saturday will be donated to local food banks.
Full details for Friday and this entire week can be found below.
Week at a glance:
- Friday – GHSA Varsity Football Playoff Game 2; full itinerary below
- Friday – All-In-One Pick-up Day — 8am – 6pm
- Saturday – All-In-One Pick-up Day — 8am – Noon
*(Itinerary could change slightly, please watch social media outlets for any updates)
- 7:45am – Student volunteers needed at the band room to help with All-In-One Items
- 11:35am – All band students report to first lunch
- 12:05pm – Students report to band room to load
- 12:30pm – Depart CHS
- Eat dinner in route (Students will need to bring money for a fast food dinner)
- 6:00pm – Arrive at Thomas County Central HS
- 7:30pm – Kick-off
- 10:30pm – Depart for CHS*
- 3:00am – Arrive at CHS*
*(approx. times; watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates)
Students should were band shorts, show shirt, black socks, marching shoes and assigned uniform. Hair needs to be pulled up off the collar, no jewelry while in uniform. Make-up needs to look natural.
To volunteer your time and talents, please sign-up here or visit our Volunteer page on our website.
If you have any questions, please make sure to contact Mr. Carr at: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Band Office at 770-834-0550, or the Band Boosters at: email@example.com.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band