As we head into another week, we prepare for what is sure to be a fun and fulfilling week ahead. Please take time to read each item below that is taking place this week.
Week at a glance:
- Normal practice schedule this week; reference our calendar for complete details
- Thursday, 9/29/16
- 6pm-7pm – Legacy of Champions Committee Meeting
- 7pm-9pm – Legacy of Champions Volunteer Training
- Friday, 9/30/16
- Pep-rally Performance & Homecoming Parade (during school hours)
- 5:30pm-7:00pm – CHS Band Alumni Event
- 7:30pm – Varsity football game; full itinerary below
- Saturday, 10/1/16 – Legacy of Champions Band Guide Training, 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Friday’s Full Itinerary
Carrollton vs Rome @ Grisham Stadium, Carrollton High School • Friday, September 30, 2016
- 2nd Block – Report to band room to prepare for pep-rally (Make sure to have your black band shirt for this performance. If you do not have one, or need a new one, they can be purchased from Mrs. Dothard for $10)
- 1:00pm – Homecoming Parade on Carrollton City School Campus
- 5:00pm – Band Student Leadership needs to report to welcome band alumni
- 6:00pm – Report in full uniform to band room
- 6:15pm – Perform for alumni tailgate
- 6:45pm – Pregame warm-up & practice with alumni on practice field
- 7:30pm – Kick-off
- 10:00pm* – Student pick-up/release
*(approx. times; watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates)
Students should were band shorts, show shirt, black socks, marching shoes and assigned uniform. Hair needs to be pulled up off the collar, no jewelry while in uniform. Make-up needs to look natural. Volunteers should wear black booster shirts and black pants or shorts.
Legacy of Champions Volunteer Training
If you have signed up for a volunteer position for the Legacy of Champions, we ask that you to join us Thursday night (9/29/16) at 7:00pm in the band room for official volunteer training. We want to take some one-on-one time with each volunteer group to make sure you understand where to report, your duties, and the expectations for the day. This will be a great time to ask questions and make sure you are properly prepared to provide a gold standard experience to each and everyone of our guests who join us for our competition.
If you haven’t signed up yet to help with this event, please do so. We need everyone to participate! Please review this recent post to see specific ways you can help: Aliens Have Just Landed At Carrollton High School!
Alumni Association Kick Off Event
The Alumni Association Kick Off Event is set for this Friday, (9/30/16), Homecoming at Grisham Stadium. The vent will include a tailgate party in front of the band room starting at 5:30 pm. Hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, and G-rated beverages will be served. Any Alumni wanting to play with the band will have the chance at pre-game and in the stands during the game. Here is the link (https://chstrojanband.com/alumni/) for the music for a few cheer songs and of course Washington Lee Swing!! Please make sure to bring your own folding sports chair(s) to the tailgate!
Participating Alumni will receive a special Alumni T-shirt, admission to the game, and the pre-game meal. Cost is $15. If you just wish to have an alumni t-shirt, they can be purchased for a limited time for just $5. If you would like to go ahead and purchase your Alumni Kick Off Event Kit or just an alumni t-shirt, you can do so at our web store (https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/). Of course you can pay the night of the event as well.
We look forward to seeing you there and taking the chance to play with the Trojan Band again!!
Make sure to check our Alumni page often: https://chstrojanband.com/alumni/
If you would like to help with the Alumni event, we need help setting up, grilling, distributing tickets, shirts, etc., please sign-up here.
Band Jacket Personalization
Many have asked about having student’s names added to their new band jackets. If you wish to do this, you can to take them to Ozier Apparel and they will ad their name for $5. By taking them to Ozier, who produced the jackets originally, we can ensure that our new band jackets, which are part of official uniform are homogeneous.
Our annual All-In-One fundraiser has begun! If you haven’t picked up your sales packet, please do so ASAP! We need to knock this fundraiser out of the park this year and to do that we need everyone participating!
Thank you for all your continued support!
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters