Well, as the end of week one of band camp is quickly approaching, let us first say how proud we are of the students and how much everyone has accomplished together, but let’s also remember we have another week to prepare for. Please see the reminders below about the remaining items for this week and upcoming items for next week.
- Volunteers Needed: We still have a Gazillion opportunities to volunteer during the final days of week one and for the upcoming second week of band camp, with a wide-range of duties, tasks, and assignments. Some are volunteering on-site and other may just be preparing or dropping of food. So we need everyone to commit to helping during these very times. The sign-ups are to numerous to link individually, so please just visit our Charms calendar here and click the little multicolored hands, which means “Volunteer!,” and sign-up for as many opportunities to help as you can stand.
- FREE Breakfast & Lunch still available for second week of band camp: Free breakfast and lunch will also be available for the second week of band camp for those that sign-up for it in advance. If you wish to take advantage of these free meals, please complete the associated request forms below by July 23rd for week two. (Menus can be found here: Breakfast menu • Lunch menu)
- Band Camp Schedules & Other Details:
- Football Program Band Photos: We will take full band and sections photos on Friday, July 22 starting at 6:30pm. We are hoping the be finished with pictures on both days by about 8:30pm.
- Band Camp Week II (Required for all members): July 25 – July 29, 2016 • 8:00am – 9:00pm • Lunch from 11:30am – 1:00pm • Dinner from 4:30pm – 6:00pm (breakfast & lunch provided if you sign-up- see above; dinner not provided)
We will be joined by extra staff members so that students have an opportunity to learn from specialists on their instruments. Camp will culminate in a parent preview performance on Friday evening. Parents will need to send or bring lunch each day if you are not taking advantage of / signing up for the free lunch being offered by the school. Parents will need to send or bring dinner for your student(s) each day.
- Oziers to return for those show still need to Order Duffel Bags & Band Jackets: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 • Noon – 1:00PM • Ozier Apparel will be at the band room again to take orders for duffel bags and band jackets for those who missed them last week. Duffel bags are required for Color Guard, but anyone can purchase one. The cost will be $37.50. Band jackets are required for all band members. The cost will be $65.00*. (*Please note, this is the correct price for the jackets. The $55.00 originally posted was in error, but was/will be honored for those who purchased/paid for jackets on Friday, July 22, 2016, all others will be expected to remit the true purchase price of $65.00) Cash and checks will be accepted. Please make checks payable to Ozier Apparel.
- CHS Trojan Business Day: Tuesday, July 26th, 2016. Students are assigned various times that are to report to the high school cafeteria to take care of varies items in preparation for the start of school. Students are asked to handle their business as expeditiously as possible so that the disruption to band camp activities are minimized.
- Pay for Garment Bags: Garment bags are required for all members to travel with the band uniform. Pay the $5.00 to Ms. Dothard during band camp, cash only please.
- Pay for Flip Folders: All students are required to own a flip folder to organize their music in the stands. Each flip folder is $5.00. Please bring the $5.00 in cash at the same time you pay for your garment bag to Ms. Dothard. Extra pages for flip folders are also available for $.50 each.
- Trojan Night: July 29, 2016 • 6:00PM – Please RSVP is you plan to attend the meal – RSVP here: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/rsvpR.asp?v=2982979 (If for some reason the link does not work, simply visit our Charms calendar and look for/click on the RSVP logo on Friday, July 29th)
Trojan Night is a preview performance of the marching show and a way for the students to show what they have learned during the band camps. This is a beginning of the season family celebration, which includes a good meal, great entertainment, and concludes with the return of the Legacy Sword and the candlelight ceremony.
- Water Donations: The Band Boosters and staff are asking that all students bring four cases of bottled water to band camp to help offset the cost of providing bottled water throughout band camp and the regular marching season. This small act really makes a difference throughout the whole year as we provide hydration for our students. If you prefer not to lug four cases of water around, you can alternatively just donate $10.00 and we’ll take care of securing the waters. Donations should be put in an envelop marked “WATER” and placed int he booster box located behind Mrs. Dothard’s desk.
- Final Band & Color Guard Fee Payment Date: If you are utilizing the 3 payment installment plan, the final Band Fee payment date is Monday, July 25th.
- NYC 17 Payments due: Friday, July 22nd
If you have any specific questions about any of these items, you can contact Mr. Carr at: email@example.com or the Band Boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll see everybody next week!
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band