I am sure that you are well aware that the Carrollton High School Marching Band won the Grand Championship this past Saturday at the Oconee Classic Marching Competition. They had an amazing performance and a well deserved victory!
This week we have our second competition, so it will be a busy one! So let’s get ready!
- Monday (10/2) – Full Band – 3:45-6:15 pm
- Tuesday (10/3)- Full Band 3:45-6:15 pm
- Concert Attire Fitting 6:30 pm – 8 pm (more information below)
- Thursday (10/5) – Full Band 6-9 pm
- Friday (10/6) (Varsity Football game at home against Villa Rica) — This is also 8th grade night!
- 4:45 pm Report time (leadership should be there early to greet the 8th graders)
- 5:00 pm Pre-Game Rehearsal
- 5:30 pm Dinner/Change (provided by boosters)
- 6:25 pm Uniform check/rehearse stands tunes
- 6:40 pm depart for the Amp/Pregame
- 7:30 pm kick-off
- FRIDAY VOLUNTEER LINK
- Saturday (10/7) (Superbowl of Sound – Competition at Central-Carroll High School)
- Link to more information concerning the Superbowl of Sound http://www.lionpride.org/SBOS/SBOSHomepage.html
- Admissions – $8
- Carrollton performance time is 9 pm
- 3:00 pm report to practice field
- 5:45 pm Load/Dinner (provided by boosters)
- 6:45 pm Uniform check and load buses
- 6:55 pm Depart for Central
- 8:05 pm Warm up
- 9:00 pm Performance
- 10:00pm Awards
- 11:30pm Back at CHS
- SATURDAY VOLUNTEER LINK
CONCERT ATTIRE FITTING INFORMATION
Our Marching season is in full swing with Friday night football games and our fast approaching competition season. Believe it or not, we need to start preparing for the upcoming concert season, which will kick off with a Veteran’s Day concert on Nov. 7th.
On Tuesday, October 3rd from 6:30 pm- 8:00pm we will be fitting students for concert attire. Once again this year the Squire Shop will be fitting the guys for tuxedo attire and the band uniform moms will fit the girls for concert dresses.
New students will need to secure the concert attire and returning students should check to be sure the concert wear they have still fits properly. All students are required to have Concert Band attire before our first concert.
If your student has gently used concert attire items like tuxedo coats, pants and dress shirts, or dresses and shoes that they will no longer be using please consider donating them to the band department or selling them directly to another band student. For those wishing to donate items please bring them to Mrs. Dothard in the band room before September 29th. If you would like to sell your items to another student plan to bring them to the band room on October 3rd during the concert fitting time. We will have a table set up for those wishing to try to sell their items.*
Students who order new items on concert fitting night will be charged for their items. Last years prices were $150 for guys and $100 for girls (these prices could be more this year, Mrs. Dothard will know the exact amount by Tuesday, Oct 3rd.) Students who buy used items from another band student will need to make arrangements to pay the seller directly.*
If you have any questions, contact the band room at: 770-834-0550 or email Mrs. Dothard at: email@example.com
*Disclaimers: The CHS Band, CHS Band Boosters or Carrollton High School does not guarantee, endorse, or warrant any of the items or transactions that take place between individuals selling/buying used concert attire. All deals, pricing, transactions, agreements, and claims are between the individuals who choose to participate in the event. All transactions will be conducted person to person via cash, check, or trade, without the involvement of the CHS Band, CHS Band Boosters or Carrollton High School. Those participating in transactions are doing so at their own discretion and risk.
Legacy Of Champions
We need you! Did you know that volunteering at the Legacy of Champions is actually expected of all of our boosters/parents? All band students are required to work the entire day and parents/band boosters are expected to work at least one volunteer shift during the event, but highly encouraged to commit to working the whole day. The success of our event takes the support and efforts of ALL of our parents/boosters. So please take a moment and visit our volunteer page: https://chstrojanband.com/volunteer/ and review all of the various sign-ups available for the event. There is something for everyone! The most important part is to just be involved, so please take time to sign-up today! https://chstrojanband.com/volunteer/
Trojan Band Shoppe
This lightweight hoodie is meant for cool Fall practices or game nights as we continue to work towards playoff season! Would you like to see it up close and in person? Stop by the display during store hours to see it for yourself. Look for more new Fall items coming soon!
- Side seamed
- Cross over “V” at neckline
- Retail fit
- Unisex sizing
- 4.2 oz.
- 100% combed and ring spun cotton
- All three embroidery options are available
- Colors: Black, Gray, and White
- Visit the Trojan Band Shoppe online in the Booster web store https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/Spiritwear/#/v/jersey-long-sleeve-hoodie to order!
Trojan Band Shoppe hours this week:
Thursday: 5:00-6:00p and 7:30-8:30pm and Friday: 5:30-6:30pm prior to the home game against Villa Rica as we welcome all of our 8th grade students and parents!
CHS Band Staff & Boosters
Categories: CHS Band