You survived the first week of band camp!!! The first week of band camp was a huge success! We are extremely proud of your attitudes and work ethic! Our upper classmen did a fantastic job welcoming our rookies and we are off to a great start to our season. Next week we continue to get to know one another, push further in our drill, and prepare for our first performance. Please tell your family and friends to plan to join us for our annual Trojan Night on Friday at 6:00PM.
Now for Week 2:
- Week 2 of Camp – 8 am – 9 pm
- Please drink plenty of water.
- Wear sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses!!!
- If your student ordered meals, they will receive an armband to help us get them through the line faster!
- Students will ride buses to Tabernacle Baptist Church at 11:30 am for lunch each day.
- We have been overwhelmed by the generosity of our local churches. Four churches have committed to providing dinner to our band students & staff and Tabernacle Baptist is allowing us to use their kitchen and fellowship hall!
- Buses will transport students and staff to Tabernacle Baptist Church at 4:30 pm for dinner.
- Monday- Great Savior Church will be providing Big Chic fried chicken, macaroni & cheese, and green beans!
- Tuesday- Midway West will be serving Mexican food!
- Wednesday- First Baptist Church will be preparing and serving teriyaki chicken, rice, green beans, and pineapple!
- Thursday- Southern Hills Christian Church will be serving Parmesan chicken, bow tie pasta with Alfredo, Caesar salad, and garlic bread!
- Friday- Trojan Night– hamburgers, chips and dessert provided by the Band Boosters!
- We still need volunteers for Trojan night and to assist with meals and camp this week. If possible, bring a dessert to share (cookies, brownies, cupcakes… nothing needing a utensil, please!)
- After clicking on the following link, each day in the calendar for week two and Trojan night has a yellow-looking hand with colored fingers, click the hand and it will take you to the volunteer list.
Monday, July 24, 2017 – 2017-18 Season Band Fees Due – Final Installment Due – see handbook for amounts: https://chstrojanband.com/forms/ All band fees should be turned in to Mrs. Dothard, the high school band secretary, and she will write you a receipt. The school accepts cash or money orders, the school no longer accepts checks. Please drop payments off at the band room instead of mailing them so that we can provide you with a receipt. Or to save you a trip you can pay your band fees online through the following school website: https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=33. *Note: A $25 late fee will be added to all past due amounts.
Sunday, July 30 – The band will perform at the grand opening of the new Carrollton High School. Report time is 1:30PM in the Band Room. Students will wear their black band shorts and show shirts for the performance, which begins at 2:00PM. The performance will take place outside of the new building in the amphitheater. We will be done by 3:00PM. Students and parents are invited to tour the new building until 4:00PM.
A special congratulations to Ms. Menendez! It is with great pride and excitement that we welcome Ms. Menendez as the new Carrollton Junior High School Band Director. Her passion for teaching and exceptional relationship with the students will undoubtedly help our band program continue to rise to new heights. It is exciting to see her continue to progress in her teaching journey. She is the perfect candidate to continue carrying the torch that Mr. Huls carried for so long. It is going to be the best year yet! Go Trojans!
CHS Band Staff & Boosters
Categories: CHS Band