What a great football season! The game on Friday was a close one, and our Trojans fought hard. Very proud of Coach Calhoun and the effort given by our students all season long. PROUD TO BE A TROJAN! Thank you so much to all of the students who were able to make it to the game. We had a terrific turnout and half-time was a hit. Also, thank you to all of the volunteers who continue to make a difference for us. We appreciate you.
This week we have band auditions, parade practice, and a parade on Saturday. Very excited for our students as the CHOA Christmas Parade is the largest parade in the Southeast! They will have the opportunity to perform for thousands of people lining the streets as well as hundreds of thousands watching Be sure to set your DVR for WSB-TV at 10:30AM to record our performance.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
- Tuesday: Band Auditions – Begins at 3:30pm until students are finished. Students may leave when they are finished auditioning. Sign-up sheets will be posted tomorrow. Also, many parents and students have asked me about step-up instruments. Gadsden Music Company will host a display of professional and step-up instruments and accessories in the lobby during auditions. They will be at the band room from 3:30pm – 6:30pm. Mr. Christian has mentioned great sale prices! This would be a great time to purchase some additional accessories and/or get a great deal on a new instrument.
- Thursday: Parade Practice 3:30pm – 4:30pm.
- Saturday Itinerary – Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Parade • MAP • More Info
- 7:30AM Report to CHS to load
- 8:00AM Students should be in full uniform (Wearing a traditional Santa Hat)
- 8:15AM Depart CHS
- 9:30AM Line Up for the Parade
- 10:30AM Parade starts – we are #63
- Following the Parade we head to CNN Center for Lunch before returning home
- Approx: 12:00PM Lunch
- Approx: 1:30PM return to CHS*
*(approx. times; watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates)
- Please consider donating to the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Cause. “Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is a not-for-profit organization that provides specialized care to kids from all walks of life—but we don’t do it alone” Your donation can be in support of our performance in the parade by donating here.
No additional volunteers will be needed this week other than the normal bus chaperones and equipment loaders for Saturday’s parade.
Spring 2017 New York Trip Monthly Payment Due
- Payment Due: Trip payments are due this Friday, 12/2/16. Remember you can reference the payment schedule and amounts anytime by visiting the Forms page of our website and reviewing the link Cost & Payment Details. Trip payments can be made at the band room by cash, check, money order, or credit/debit card or online at: https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net. *Fees apply to credit/debit card or online payments.
- Registering with Travel Agency: All current trip participants need to follow the instructions found at the end of the following presentation (Travel Agent Presentation-Updated Trip Itinerary-10-11-16) to provide their personal information for their travel documents, as well as notify them of any special needs like allergies, etc. *** Note, any issues you have with the registration process should be directed our travel agent: Mark Drury, Super Holiday Tours, (d) 321-319-1153, (c) (678) 520-1766, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rooming Assignments and Departure Preferences: Mr. Carr will begin the process of assigning rooms and taking departure preferences very soon.
Categories: CHS Band