Happy Halloween Trojan Nation! As our regular football season comes to a close this Friday, we will be celebrating our Seniors at Senior Night! We are so proud of each and every one of them and hope they enjoy what could be their last marching performance inside Grisham Stadium. At this point we do know that the Trojans will be playing in the GHSA football playoffs this year, but we are not 100% sure who or where they will be playing, so please stay tune! On a side note, depending on how far the Trojans go, we could still be playing football into the second weekend in December! So please let Mr. Carr know if your family has already planned to be out of town the Friday of Thanksgiving, otherwise, if we are still playing at that point and you are in town, you are expected to be at the game.
Now let’s look at the week ahead.
Week at a glance:
- Practice schedule this week
- Monday – No practice
- Tuesday – Symphonic Band and Concert Band Students: 3:45 – 6:15pm rehearsal
- Thursday – Full Marching Band 3:30pm – 6:30pm rehearsal
- Friday – Teacher Workday (NO SCHOOL) – Senior Night Football Game; full itinerary below
- Friday – “After the Game Band Hangout” at American Pie Pizzeria in Carrollton in honor of our Seniors – after game until 11:00pm. (see details below)
Friday’s Full Itinerary
- 6:15PM – Students in full uniform
- 7:00pm – Pregame warm-up
- 7:30pm – Kick-off
- 10:00pm – Official student pick-up/release*
*(approx. times; watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates)
Students should were band shorts, show shirt, black socks, marching shoes and assigned uniform. Hair needs to be pulled up off the collar, no jewelry while in uniform. Make-up needs to look natural. Volunteers should wear black booster shirts and black pants or shorts.
To volunteer your time and talents, please sign-up now or visit our Volunteer page.
Senior Night “After Game Band Hangout” at American Pie Pizzeria, Carrollton
After Friday’s game, we will have an “After the Game Band Hangout” at American Pie Pizzeria in Carrollton in honor of our Seniors. American Pie will be opening the restaurant after next Friday night’s game (11/4/16) specifically for the Carrollton Trojan Band from 9:30pm until 11:00pm. All Trojan Band students and supporters are invited to come and celebrate our seniors, unwind, and enjoy some great food and fun. Students will need to bring money if they plan to eat, $10.00 should be plenty, and make their own arrangements for transportation to the restaurant and then home. Please make sure students are picked-up promptly at or before 11:00pm. This activity is completely optional.
Concert Season Reminders
- Students who did not order new concert uniforms need to make sure they can find everything and that it still fits.
- Our first concert is next Tuesday, November 8th, at 7pm… Yes, election night 🙂 So please take advantage of early voting so you don’t miss the concert!
As always, if you have any questions, please make sure to contact Mr. Carr at: email@example.com, the Band Office at 770-834-0550, or the Band Boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band