Well, we are only days away from our marching band competition, The Legacy of Champions! We are so excited for what this day will bring and to have so many visiting bands join us on our beautiful campus… but before that day gets here we do have some other band business to attend to. After all, we have a huge region game this week at Villa Rica as the Trojans rekindle an old rivalry. So let’s take a look at what is going on this week:
Week at a glance:
- Normal practice schedule this week; reference our calendar for complete details
- Tuesday, 10/4/16 – Moe’s Trojan Band Spirit Night; 5-8pm at Moe’s of Carrollton
- Tuesday, 10/4/16 – Concert Attire Fitting; 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm in the band room; see previous post for full details: https://chstrojanband.com/2016/09/28/59508/
- Thursday, 10/6/16 – 6pm-7:30 pm – Legacy of Champions Committee Meeting (boosters are welcome, but not required/expected to attend.)
- Friday, 10/7/16 – Varsity football game; full itinerary below
- Saturday, 10/8/16 – Legacy of Champions Marching Band Competition!!!
- Sunday, 10/9/16 – A DAY OF REST & RECOVERY 🙂
Friday’s Full Itinerary
Carrollton vs Villa Rica @ Villa Rica High School • Friday, October 7, 2016
- 4:15 p.m. Dinner provided by Band Boosters + Load Equipment
- 5:15 p.m. In Full Uniform
- 5:30 p.m. Depart for Villa Rica High School
- 11:00 p.m. Return to CHS*
*(approx. times; watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates)
Students should were band shorts, show shirt, black socks, marching shoes and assigned uniform. Hair needs to be pulled up off the collar, no jewelry while in uniform. Make-up needs to look natural. Volunteers should wear black booster shirts and black pants or shorts.
To volunteer your time and talents this week, please sign-up now or visit our Volunteer page. We also will need help serving/feeding our kids for the pre-departure meal provided by the boosters. This duty is not on our regular sign-up, so if interested contact Emily Leak directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org And while you are there, we still have some openings to volunteer at the Legacy of Champions, so don’t forget to sign up for that too!
Band Jacket Personalization
Many have asked about having student’s names added to their new band jackets. If you wish to do this, you can to take them to Ozier Apparel and they will ad their name for $5. By taking them to Ozier, who produced the jackets originally, we can ensure that our new band jackets, which are part of official uniform are homogeneous. * Please note, Ozier Apparel has moved off of Maple Street. They are now located at: Avenue C, Carrollton, GA 30117
Spring 2017 New York Trip Accounts
IMPORTANT REMINDER: We are reaching a critical time in the life of our trip as our travel company will begin making non-refundable purchases on our behalf within the next 30 days, so we have to ensure that those signed-up are fully and financially committed to the trip. This is also important because we also have to ensure that we have the trip funds available to make our regular mass/group payments to the travel company. So it is imperative that you are making your monthly payments and staying current with your trip accounts. Just to give you an idea of were you should be to this point, you should have paid $850.00 towards your trip so far, leaving a balance of $450. If this does not describe your account, please expect a call from one of the members of the Trip Committee soon to discuss your account/intentions.
Still to come later in the week…
Later in the week we will be posting details about:
- Our All-In-One Fundraisers – We have some exciting news about a new student incentive program.
- Legacy of Champions details – We will have a post to detail the event schedule, volunteer information, and news.
Thank you again for your continued support of the band program.
As always, if you have any questions, please make sure to contact Mr. Carr at: email@example.com, the Band Office at 770-834-0550, or the Band Boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters