Just because school is out doesn’t mean that we are not still working away. So we wanted to tell you about an awesome upgrade we have made that involves our calendar. We have moved our calendar from Google to Charms in an effort to better utilize its many helpful features that will make our communication plan more effective and everyone’s experience better and more engaging. What’s Charms you ask? Charms is a Student Management System that the Carrollton High School Band Staff utilizes to maintain information about the band and its students. To learn more about Charms, visit here: https://chstrojanband.com/charms/ or here: https://youtu.be/PAvoR8CgCwg (not all features in video available.)
Some of the added calendar features that we can now take advantage of are:
- Integrated volunteer sign-ups
- Attendance requirements and tracking
- Optional email notifications of calendar/events changes
- RSVP requests
- Group event designations
We also wanted to tell you about some of the other calendar enhancements that should make your experience better as well:
- Calendar engagement icons (Must view actual Charms calendar via band website links/Charms site)
Means volunteers are requested for the event. Click the icon to sign up. (You can still volunteer via the Volunteer page on our website too!)
Means an RSVP is requested for the event. Click the icon to RSVP.
Means the event is a Required activity
Means the event is an Optional activity
Means the event is an Extra-Curricular activity
- Easier device syncing
- For Apple Devices:
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Under Accounts, touch “Add Account”
- On the Add Account screen, touch “Other”
- Under Calendars, touch “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- For the Server value, enter the URL of the public calendar:
- Touch “Next” in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch “Save” to save the subscription.
- For Android Devices:
- To sync with Android devices, you will need to use your Google account and have a Google calendar created.
- In your Google calendar on a real computer:
- Under “Other Calendars” click the Add link.
- Select “Add by URL”
- Enter the following URL:
- Click “Add Calendar”
- Google will begin to sync your calendar, and it will appear on the screen.
- Click “Settings”
- Change the long name of the new calendar to something you will remember such as “Charms Calendar”
- Your phone should automatically be set to sync with your Google calendar.
- On your phone: Click on “Calendar”, then bring up the settings for the calendar. Click on Calendar Sync. You should see your google account listed already. Make sure Auto-Sync is checked.
- For Apple Devices:
So if you’ve never synced your devices with our calendar before, be sure to do so as it make keeping up with upcoming events effortless. Also, if you’ve previously synced your device to the old calendar, you’ll need to re-sync using the new information above. Please note, the new Charms features will not be apparent via synced devices. You will need visit the actual calendar linked from our website, directly on the Charms site, from time to time to experience the features described above.
We hope that these new features and improvements will allow everyone to stay better informed and engaged. Please bear with us during any growing pains we may experience during the early days of this upgrade.
As always, if you have any questions, please make sure to contact Mr. Carr at: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Band Office at 770-834-0550 or the Band Boosters at: email@example.com.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band