Summer break is drawing to a close as student will return to school this week. So while you are getting clothes ready, backpacks loaded, and other things in order, keep these band related activities and events in mind.
- Full Band Practice Schedule: Monday & Tuesday – 3:00pm to 6:00pm; Thursday – 3:15pm to 6:15pm
- Band Football Program Pictures & Senior Family Pictures: Monday, August 3, 2015 6:00pm: We will be taking the band photos for the Trojan football program at the end of our practice on this day, so please expect to get done a little later than normal. Parents of seniors need to attend to have your photo taken with your senior, please arrive at the band room at 6:00pm. Senior photos will be taken after the full band photo, which will be taken first. We are hoping the be finished with all pictures by about 7:30pm.
- Moe’s Band Spirit Night: This month’s CHS Band Spirit Night is Tuesday (8/4/15), from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Please make plans to join us for CHS Band Spirit Night at Moe’s Southwestern Grill, located at 1765 South Hwy. U.S. 27, Carrollton, GA. Proceeds from our spirit nights help the Band Boosters continue their support of our band students and band program. Also be sure to tell your family, friends, and co-workers to have supper at Moe’s too so they can help support our spirit night while enjoying a great meal!
- First Day of School: Thursday, August 6, 2015 – Welcome Back!!!
- Flag Creation/Sewing Training: Thursday, August 6, 2015 – 7:30pm: We will have an expert color guard flag creator with us at the CHS band room to train volunteers (anyone willing to come and watch/learn). We are purchasing some of our flags this year, but will also need to create others, so please take advantage of this great opportunity to help out in a very unique way; no prior sewing experience necessary!
- Prop Construction Team work day: Saturday, August 8, 2015 – 8:00am to 12:00pm
- DCI Watch Party: Saturday, August 8, 2015 – 4:00pm to 9:30pm/10:00pm: For those who would like to participate, we will be streaming the DCI (Drum Corps International) finals live in the band room so we can watch together. Cost is $5.00 per person and includes pizza and soda for dinner. Band room will open at 4:00pm and we should be done between 9:30pm-10:00pm.
- More Photos From Band Camp: We would like to give a shout out to Laura Davis for sharing several photos she snapped during band camp. Here is a link to our Photos page so you can enjoy them too: https://chstrojanband.com/photos/ We are always excited to have your photos to share with our Trojan Band Community, so if you like to take pictures and would like to share them, you can always email them to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will upload them to our repository so everyone can enjoy them.
- Information Stations: Thank you to everyone who visited the Booster’s Information Stations during family night, this past Friday. We wanted to repost links to all of the associated information, forms, etc., for those who might need them or couldn’t attend on Friday.
- Communication plan info: For more information about our communication plan, visit the previous post from April: Four Ways to Stay Informed
- Charms Tool info: For more information about the Charms tool, please visit the Charms link in our website menu bar, or by clicking here: Charms
- Legacy of Champions info: For more information about Carrollton’s marching band competition Legacy of Champions, visit the competition’s website: legacyofchampions.net
- Volunteer information: For more information about volunteer opportunities and sign-up links, please visit the Volunteer link in our website menu bar, or by clicking here: Volunteer
- Booster Membership and Dues info: For more information about booster membership, dues, and links to forms, please visit the Fees/Dues link in our website menu bar, or by clicking here: Fees/Dues (Booster dues info is near the bottom of the page)
- 2015 Spirit Wear info: We are in the process of collecting orders for our 2015-2016 Defying Gravity show shirts and for other Trojan Band Spirit items. Orders will be taken until Thursday, Aug. 6th, 2015. This will give us the best chance to have a majority or the items ordered back by our first home game. Order forms are available in the band room, and online by clicking here or visiting the Forms area of our website.
- Frequently Asked Questions: If you ever have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support! If you have any specific questions about any of these items, you can contact Mr. Carr at: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Band Office at 770-834-0550 or the Band Boosters at: email@example.com.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters