After a very successful week at pre-band camp, we are all anticipating another great week ahead as we move into our regular band camp. There are several things we wanted to remind everyone about to help ensure another successful week.
- (All week) Band Camp (Required for all members): July 27 – July 31, 2015 • 8:00am – 9:00pm • Lunch from 11:30am – 1:00pm • Dinner from 4:00pm – 6:00pm (lunch/dinner not provided) We will be joined by extra staff members so that students have an opportunity to learn from specialists on their instruments. Camp will culminate in a parent preview performance on Friday evening (more details below). Parents will need to send or bring lunch & dinner for your student(s) each day, except for dinner on Friday.
- (All week) Band Staff Meals: If you signed up for providing items for the band staff meals during this week of band camp, please make sure to note the times and days that you signed up for and bring your items pre-warmed. Thank you to those who have already signed up to help with this hospitality project but we still need more help as there are still items needed. If you haven’t signed up yet, please help! View details and sign up now! www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C054AADAF2AABFD0-20152
- (All week) Water Donations: The Band Boosters and staff are asking that all students bring (4) cases of bottled water to band camp to help offset the cost of providing bottled water throughout band camp and the regular marching season. If you have not brought your donation of water, please try to do so this week.
- (Monday) Final Band & Color Guard Fee Payment Date: July 27th, 2014. If you are utilizing the 3 payment installment plan, the final payment date is Monday, July 27th. Band, Color Guard & Winter Guard fees are paid directly to Carrollton High School and can be paid in person at the high school office via cash, money order or credit/debit card. Please note that Carrollton High School no longer accepts personal checks. For your convenience CHS also offers a secure online payment option for band fees, which is directly accessible by clicking this link: https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=33
- If you have any questions regarding Band, Color Guard & Winter Guard fees, please contact the band room at 770-834-0550 or email Mrs. Barbara Dothard, Band Secretary, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also, don’t forget to pay for other required items: Other miscellaneous items that need to be paid for, that are not part of the band fees, include: garment bags, band shirts, gloves, flip folders, etc. If you have questions about these other items, please contact the Band Office at 770-834-0550.
- (Tuesday) CHS Trojan Business Day: Tuesday, July 28th, 2014. Students are assigned various times that they are to report to the high school cafeteria to take care of various items in preparation for the start of school on Aug. 6th. Students will be released from camp at their appointed times but are asked to handle their business as expeditiously as possible so that the disruption to band camp activities are minimized.
- (Tuesday) Order Band Shoes: July 28, 2015 • 12:00pm – 2:00pm. March Master will be at the band room to take orders for band shoes (required for all members). Students will try on the shoes to ensure proper fit. If students already have band shoes from previous seasons and they still fit, they do not have to order another pair. The cost is $38.00. March Master will only accept cash or credit cards (MC, VISA and AMEX).
- (Friday) Trojan Night: July 31, 2015 • 6:00PM. Trojan Night is a preview performance of the marching show and a way for the students to show what they have learned during the band camps. This is a beginning of the season family celebration, which includes a good meal, great entertainment, and concludes with our candlelight ceremony. It is important that all parents try to attend this event not only to support and celebrate your student’s successes but also because the boosters will be providing valuable information that will help ensure a successful season.
- (Next week) Football Program Band Photos: Monday, August 3, 2015 6:00pm: We will be taking the band photos for the Trojan football program at the end of our practice on this day, so please expect to get done a little later than normal. Parents of seniors need to attend to have your photo taken with your senior, please arrive at 6:00pm. Senior photos will be taken after the full band photo, which will be taken first. We are hoping the be finished with all pictures by about 7:30pm. We will take a full band photo, senior photos, and section photos for the program.
If you have any specific questions about any of these items, you can contact Mr. Carr at: email@example.com, the Band Office at 770-834-0550 or the Band Boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll see everybody next week! CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters _mpost
Categories: CHS Band