- Annual Band BBQ – Tickets are on sale now for our Annual Band BBQ, which takes place May 7th, 2015. For all the details please visit our recent post: 2015 Carrollton High School Band BBQ is Here!
- Moe’s Spirit Night Rescheduled this month – Due to the 1st Tuesday of the month falling during Carrollton’s Spring Break, we have rescheduled our Moe’s Spirit Night to Tuesday, April, 14th, 2015.
- Required Band Auditions – Required band auditions will take place on Thursday, April 16th, after school. For more details please visit the Band Auditions page of our website.
- General Band Booster Meeting – We will have a general Band Booster meeting on Thursday, April 16th, at 6pm in the Don Hall Band Room. This meeting is very important for all current and upcoming Band Boosters (8th grade parents) and alumni/alumni parents who wish to rejoin the boosters. The meeting will serve as an early kick-off to our volunteer efforts for the very big and exciting year we have ahead of us. Please make every effort to attend.
- At this meeting we will also discuss one small amendment to the Booster By-Laws detailed at the end of this post.
- Band Banquet – Our 2015 Band Banquet will be Thursday, April 30th. We will have a catered meal for $10.00 per person and recognize members for this school year. Everyone is expected to RSVP by Friday, April 17th if you plan to attend. Details on the menu, order of events etc., will be released just as soon as everything is finalized.
- Band Decal & Magnet Recall – We noticed that there were some issues of de-lamination with some of the window decals and magnets we sold last fall so we contacted the vendor and they have offered replacements for those faulty items. So if you have noticed this issue with your current window decal(s) and/or magnet(s), please email the boosters at: email@example.com. After we receive your details, we will provide a free replacement(s) for your item(s). Thank you for your cooperation and understanding and we do apologize for any inconvenience.
Official Notice Of Proposed Amendment To The Band Booster Bylaws
The proposed amendment to the Band Booster bylaws is up for consideration and vote by the Band Booster membership for adoption at a meeting to be held on Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 6:00pm.
Amendment : Proposed to Article X: Amendments: Section 2. Effective Date: A proposal to amend the effective date of new amendments ratification, which do not impact the nominating committee, eligibility to serve as a voting member of the Executive Committee or election.
Section 2. Effective Date: Amendments which impact the nominating committee, eligibility to serve as a voting member of the Executive Committee or election process shall become effective at the next subsequent election process. All other amendments made to the Bylaws shall become effective at the start of the fiscal year following their ratification unless otherwise stated in the amendment.
Section 2. Effective Date: Amendments which impact the nominating committee, eligibility to serve as a voting member of the Executive Committee or election process shall become effective at the next subsequent election process. All other amendments made to the Bylaws shall become effective immediately following their ratification unless otherwise stated in the amendment.
Categories: CHS Band