Information about this year’s marching band fees is now available. These fees are crucial for the CHS Band Program to continue to function at the high level everyone has come to expect. Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion Fees pay for halftime show music, drill, band camp staff, other staff throughout the season, and many extras such as when we feed the band before Friday night away games and Saturday competitions. While Color Guard Fees also provide for these items they also cover their uniform, shoes, wind-suit, and numerous other items.
2014 Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion Fees are:
- $225 Marching Band Fees ($50 off for multiple member families)
- $50 School-owned instrument (per year)
- $30 School-owned instrument (semester)
- $25 Cloth garment bag from Ozier Apparel (check made out to Ozier Apparel)
- $38 Shoes from DeMoulin (check made out to Jeff Therber)
- $10 T-shirts
- $3 Black Gloves
2014 Color Guard Fees are:
- $450 Guard fees ($50 off for multiple member families)
- $34 Duffle bag from Ozier Products
- $30 Flag Bag from DeMoulin
The marching band fees can be paid as soon as you would like to pay them. Band fees can be paid directly to Mrs. Dothard, the High School Band Secretary, at the CHS Band Room by cash or check (make checks payable to Carrollton High School Band). During the summer months, please call the band office at 770-834-0550 to verify that someone will be there to accept your payment. New this year… you can pay the base fees via the school’s online payment system which is located on the high school’s homepage, in the upper right corner. http://chs.carrolltoncityschools.net/ Once you click on the “Online Payments” button it will take you to a new screen where you will see a “Band Fees” icon. Simply click on the Band Fees icon and follow the directions. IMPORTANT NOTE: Only marching band fees can be paid via this particular online system. PLEASE do not attempt to pay your Disney Trip payments through the school’s online system. A separate system is being set up to accept online Disney Trip payments.
If you choose to pay the fees in installments, here is the prescribed payment schedule:
Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion
- 1st installment due – $75.00 by Friday, May 23 (last day of school)
- 2nd installment due – $75.00 by Monday, June 23
- Final installment due – $75.00 by Monday, July 28 (1st day of band camp)
- 1st installment due – $133.00 by Friday, May 23 (last day of school)
- 2nd installment due – $133.00 by Monday, June 23
- Final installment due – $134.00 by Monday, July 28 (1st day of band camp)
While the band strives for all band students to pay their band fees by the end of band camp, we understand that there maybe be many students that will be unable to do this. The CHS Band program wants to work with students and parents to give them an opportunity to make monthly or even weekly payments if they need to do so. To establish an extended payment aggreement, you will need to complete the Carrollton High School Trojan Marching Band Payment Agreement Form. This form is also available in the back of the 2014-2015 CHS Band Handbook.
If you have questions or concerns regarding band fees please feel free to contact the band office @ 770-834-0550.
– Michael Post