At last night’s parent meeting (5/13/14), a few updates were provided regarding the 2015 CHS Band Trip to Disney World, in Orlando, FL. Here is a brief summary of those updates for those who need a reminder or were not able to attend.
- Cost for students attending the trip is set at $600.00 and $700.00 for chaperones. Please be aware that there is a possibility of a little fluctuation in the final price due to transportation costs, which are determined closer to the travel date.
- For those who have additional family members that would like to go to Disney World at the same time as the band, and will not be serving as chaperones, they will need to work directly with the travel agent to coordinate arrangements, accommodations etc. Please note that the discounted rates described above are only for band students and chaperones. The travel agent’s contact information is: Deanna Kiser; firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Band Boosters began accepting $100.00 deposits for students and chaperones. If you were unable to pay your deposit last night, please do so as soon as possible so that an accurate count can begin to be assessed. You can send/pay your deposit to Mrs. Dothard at the CHS Band Room but please make sure to put it in a sealed envelope clearly marked for the band trip, that way these funds are not confused with normal band fees and can be forwarded to the Band Boosters. Please DO NOT send cash.
- In the very near future we will have an online payment option on our website for making convenient payments towards the band trip via credit and debit cards.
- There are at least two fundraisers opportunities planned between now and the trip to try and help families offset some of the trip costs. One will be a Coke related fundraisers during the summer, but more details on this and other options will be announced as they become available.
If you have any questions please contact the Band Office: 770-834-0550 or email: email@example.com
– Michael Post
Categories: 2015 Disney Trip Info, CHS Band