Friday night was our home opener as we took on the Rome Wolves. Congratulations to Coach Joey King, his staff, and our Trojan Football Team for their well earned victory! It was an awesome evening as our band provided an enthusiastic atmosphere, wearing their gold uniforms for our gold out game and hyping up everyone in the stadium. We especially enjoy it when the team reacts to our hype as they did a couple of times after big plays!
At halftime we performed movements 2, 3, 4, and concluded with our traditional performance of Battle Hymn. Thank you to the band boosters, friends and family who participated in pulling the flag for us! The home crowd showed their appreciation with a standing ovation and it was wonderful celebration of our storied Legacy. It was great to hear the home crowd reception of the show. The stands erupted in applause during the 3rd movement choreography, and also at the end of the show. We look forward to continuing our work on The Machine and presenting it this Friday as we travel to Villa Rica.
Week at a Glance
- Monday: Labor Day • No School • No Practice
- Tuesday: Full Band • 3:45pm – 6:15pm • SAC
- Thursday: Full Band • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Friday: Away vs. Villa Rica HS • Click Here to Volunteer
- 3:30pm Load Equipment Truck
- 4:15pm Dinner
- 5:15pm Uniform Check
- 5:30pm Depart for VRHS
- 6:15pm Arrive at VRHS
- 7:30pm Kick-off
- *10:30pm game ends* Approximate
- 11:30pm Arrive at CHS
- Thank you for not blocking the driveway to allow our buses and semi truck to return
- Students will assist with unloading when we get back, because it allows us to complete it in minutes when everyone helps rather than the hours it would take a smaller crew. If you are willing, we would love to have your assistance unloading too! You can park in the visitors lot and meet us at the Semi-Truck. Thank you for your efforts!
- Saturday: Full Band Practice • 1:00pm – 9:00pm • Volunteer Here
- 1:00pm – 4:30pm in the SAC
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm in the SAC (there is a CJHS football game in the stadium)
- We will move to the stadium (approximately 8:00pm) when the game is over.
Marching Band Staff Spotlight
Brooke Brady, colorguard
Brooke is one of our colorguard technicians here. She graduated from Fayette County High School and spent all 4 years spinning during both the marching band and winterguard seasons. When we asked Brooke about her time here at Carrollton she said: “I am loving my time working with the Trojan Guard, it has been so much fun teaching these kids and seeing all the growth they’ve made so far into the season.”
Currently she is studying psychology and criminal justice at the University of West Georgia and has spun with Reverie Winterguard for the past 2 years. She is looking forward to continuing my own performance journey and is so excited to see where the rest of this season goes for the Carrollton Trojan Band and to make ‘The Machine’ the best show possible!
Brooke is an integral member of our colorguard staff. We are very fortunate that she chooses to spend her time with us. She is a talented performer and has high standards for our students. Coach Brown mentioned that she has assisted with writing some of the choreography this year. The choreography is coming together perfectly! Brooke, thank you for sharing your talents and passions with our students. We are blessed to have you on our team and we are thankful for your love and dedication to our students.
Help Us Honor Our Veterans
We would like to honor family members and friends of the Carrollton Trojan Band with the creation of a slide show to be presented at our Veteran’s Day Concert on November 14, 2022. The concert is FREE and open to the public. We would be honored by your presence if you are able to attend. Please help us to spread the word!
Amazon • 2 Ways to Help • Snacks Needed
THANK YOU so much to our parents and friends who have ordered items from our Amazon Wishlist! The snacks for the away games, Gadsden and South Paulding, were all provided from generous donations from our Amazon Wishlist. Our next away game is versus Villa Rica next week. If you are able and willing to assist by purchasing items from the wishlist it helps both monetarily and assist us with our time since it removes the need for someone to go out and purchase the items. If you see items on our list that you can find less expensive elsewhere and would rather shop for them, we have a booster storage room where we can store donated snacks. Your generosity makes a difference and we are very appreciative. THANK YOU!!!!
District Honor Band
GMEA (Georgia Music Educators Association) sponsors a District and All-State band each year. The audition requirements were posted on Friday. This is an extremely important opportunity, especially for students desiring to audition for a scholarship. Taking advantage of audition opportunities can help them learn to handle nerves and ultimately prepare a stronger college audition than if they wait until their senior year. It costs $25 to sign-up to audition for All-State and $5 to sign-up to audition for District Honor Band.
District Honor Band/1st Round of All-State Auditions are on December 10, 2022 at East Paulding High School. Download the audition material below:
- GMEA.org/all-state band/audition info
*The score sheets include Middle School and High School sheets. Be sure to look at the correct grade level and instrument because they are all different.
The first audition in December serves as a qualifying round for the second round of All-State auditions in addition to placement auditions for the district honor band. District Honor Band is hosted by Ringgold High School in Ringgold, GA from February 9 through February 11. Because we have such a large number of students make district each year we get a bus for the weekend and divide the cost of hotels amongst the students participating.
The score sheet lists the score needed to qualify for the second round for each instrument. The final audition is hosted by Union Grove High School in McDonough, GA on Saturday, January 7, 2023. Students who earn a spot in the All-State Band travel with their families to participate in Athens, GA at the Classic Center from March 2 through March 4. Both events are considered school sponsored activities and are excused absences from school.
Health Class • Last Month!
9th Grade students enrolled in marching band or new band members (guard included) who haven’t taken Health and PE yet should complete this online health class to receive PE and Health Credit for participation in marching band. All of the information is below and can be accessed using the “Health in Band” link at the top of this page. All of the health coursework is due by October. This is your final month to get this work finished. Parents, please double check with your child that they are working diligently to complete this course. Students have had since the start of summer to complete their coursework. Some have chosen to wait until the last minute. There is still time, but this needs to become a HIGH Priority to get it completed on time.
Mark Your Calendars
The following events we need all hands on deck and are requesting your involvement.
This is not an exhaustive list. Refer to our calendar online for the most up to date information regarding events and times.
- 5 • Labor Day • No School • No Practice
- 9 • Away vs. Villa Rica • Click Here to Volunteer
- 10 • Saturday Rehearsal • Full Band • 1:00pm – 9:00pm • Volunteer Here
- 16 • Home vs. Jenkins • Click Here to Volunteer
- 19 • All in One Sale Kick-Off
- 20 • American Pie Spirit Night • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- 23 • HOMECOMING vs Hillgrove • Click Here to Volunteer
- 30 • No Game – Open Friday • Potentially parent preview show night
- 1 • Super Bowl of Sound Marching Competition at Central-Carroll High School
- 4 • County Exhibition at Central-Carroll • Volunteer Here
- 6 • All in One Sale Turn In Night
- 7 • Home vs. East Coweta • 8th Grade Night • Click Here to Volunteer
- 8 • Legacy of Champions • Required event for all parents and students • Volunteer Here
- 10 – 14 • Fall Break • No School
- 14 • Away vs. Pebblebrook • Click Here to Volunteer
- 21 • Away vs. Westlake • Click Here to Volunteer
- 22 • Peach State Marching Competition at Rome High School • Volunteer Here
- 24 • Symphonic Band Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 25 • Wind Ensemble Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Spirit Night at Jefferson’s • TBA
- 26 • Concert Band Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 27 • Full Band Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 28 • Home vs. Campbell • SENIOR NIGHT • Click Here to Volunteer
- Senior Breakfast • email Barbara Dothard for more info
- 4 • AGW Spirit Night • TBA
Categories: CHS Band