Our marching band season is off to a GREAT start! We have one more week of 6-9 rehearsals before school starts and our regular rehearsal schedule begins. Please continue to drink water, eat nutritiously, and get enough sleep each day to remain healthy for the season.
Week at a Glance
Below is our schedule for the week.
- Monday: Full Band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday: Performance: 9:30am report
- 9:55am be ready in the AMP
- 10:00am -10:30am performance starts
- 11:00am lunch provided by Dr. Albertus
- 11:30am dismissed
- 2:00pm – 6:00pm Pelican’s Spirit Day (optional)
- Full Band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Thursday: Full Band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Candlelight Ceremony Postponement
Due to the high possibility of inclement weather at Trojan Night, we postponed the candlelight ceremony until August 18. Seniors and student leadership discussed options and elected to move that Thursday rehearsal to 5:00pm – 8:00pm so that we can begin the ceremony at 8:30pm.
Show Shirt Reprint • Tuesday Performance
Students will receive their show shirt reprint tomorrow, just in time to wear them for our performance on Tuesday.
Report time for the performance on Tuesday is 9:30am to the band room. Students will warm up at 9:30, then move to the AMP by 9:55am. The performance begins at the conclusion of our teacher meeting in the MAC. We will perform stands tunes and portions of the show as teachers and staff file out of the meeting for lunch.
Lunch will be provided by Dr. Albertus and our staff at the board of education. Students are dismissed immediately following lunch.
We will wear our show shirts, black band shorts, and tennis shoes to the performance. Sunglasses and school colored hats, are also welcome.
Pelican’s Spirit Day
On Tuesday from 2:00pm – 6:00pm Pelican’s is hosting a Trojan Band spirit day. We hope that you will stop by Pelican’s for a cold sweet treat and support our generous sponsor while also supporting your Trojan Band! This is an optional event, but we would love to see you there.
We are in the middle of our sponsorship drive. Please email Candie Hicks, our booster club treasurer for more information. She has a list of businesses in the community and sponsorship forms. Please do not just ask random businesses without reaching out to Candie, because we want to be sure to not to bombard our community with multiple requests. We have a very supportive community and we want to remain respectful of their generosity. If you have a personal connection with certain businesses, please reach out to Candie to let her know and we will do our best to organize it where you can approach those businesses without other students competing for the same support. Please do not reach out to a business unless it is in the packet that you were assigned or you have reached out to Candie and she has responded. Thank you for your assistance in keeping this sponsorship drive organized and respectful of our community!
Students will receive 10% of all sponsorships secured by them or their parents. Thank you for reaching out to Candie Hicks so that we are not all competing for the same businesses, but doing our best to reach out to unique supporters.
If you haven’t picked up sponsorship info, please email Candie so that you can arrange a time to pick some up. Please return all sponsorship packets by August 19. Students will not receive credit for sponsorships sold after August 19.
T-Shirt Design Contest
We are wanting to add items to the Band Shoppe for our students and thought it would be fun to allow students to submit a design for a shirt. The designs will be voted on and the winning submission will receive a free shirt! To submit a design please email your submission to our booster president, Robert Moore.
Subscribe to the calendar
Health Class • Are you done yet?
9th Grade students enrolled in marching band or new band members (guard included) who haven’t taken Health and PE yet should complete this online health class. All of the information is below and can be accessed using the “Health in Band” link at the top of this page. Students have access to the info now and should have already started working on it. All of the health coursework is due by October, but I highly recommend you complete it this week if you haven’t yet. Parents, please double check with your child that they have completed this course. Finishing before they start the school year will remove a considerable amount of stress from their plate. Your child has plenty of time to still complete this if they dedicate a considerable amount of time to it this week.
Mark Your Calendars
The following events we need all hands on deck and are requesting your involvement.
This is not an exhaustive list. Refer to our calendar online for the most up to date information regarding events and times.
- 8 • Full band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- 9 • Back to School Performance in the AMP (Report 9:30AM • Perform at 10:00AM • Lunch provided)
- Pelican’s Sponsorship Day • 2:00pm – 6:00pm • Volunteers Needed
- Full band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- 11 • Full band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- 15 • FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!
- Begin our regular rehearsal schedule
- Monday: 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesday: 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Thursday: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Begin our regular rehearsal schedule
- 19 • Away vs. Gadsden City, Alabama
- 26 • Away vs. South Paulding
- 27 • Saturday Rehearsal • Full Band • 1:00pm – 9:00pm
- 2 • Home vs. Rome
- 5 • Labor Day • No School • No Practice
- 9 • Away vs. Villa Rica
- 10 • Saturday Rehearsal • Full Band • 1:00pm – 9:00pm
- 16 • Home vs. Jenkins
- 19 • All in One Sale Kick-Off
- 20 • American Pie Spirit Night • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- 23 • HOMECOMING vs Hillgrove
- 30 • No Game – Open Friday
- 1 • Super Bowl of Sound Marching Competition at Central-Carroll High School
- 4 • County Exhibition at Central-Carroll
- 6 • All in One Sale Turn In Night
- 7 • Home vs. East Coweta • SENIOR NIGHT
- 8 • Legacy of Champions • Required event for all parents and students
- 10 – 14 • Fall Break • No School
- 14 • Away vs. Pebblebrook
- 21 • Away vs. Westlake
- 22 • Peach State Marching Competition at Rome High School
- 24 • Symphonic Band Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 25 • Wind Ensemble Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 26 • Concert Band Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 27 • Full Band Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- 28 • Home vs. Campbell
- Senior Breakfast • email Barbara Dothard for more info
- 1 • American Pie Spirit Night • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Categories: CHS Band