Week at a Glance:
- Tuesday • Colorguard Spring Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday • Band BBQ • Colorguard Spring Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 7:00pm
- Music for the BBQ Begins at 6:00PM • See Itinerary below
Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting last Thursday! There was a lot of information covered. Here is a quick recap:
2022 – 2023 Band Handbook • Very important information. Information about the calendar, fees, required forms, and member expectations. Please review ASAP and submit the requested information.
- All Forms Due May 20, 2022
- First Payment Due May 20, 2022 • $100 for Winds/Percussion • $175 for Guard • https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=33
Band BBQ • May 5, 2022
SPREAD THE WORD! We will be open on the Visitors Side of Grisham Stadium from 11:00AM – 6:00PM serving BBQ meals. Special thank you to Billy Bob’s for your partnership with this fundraiser! If you haven’t purchased a ticket yet, you can still walk up and purchase your food. Walk Up and Drive through will be open!
Thank you so much for our parent volunteers who assisted with the packet turn in night! Although you can continue selling tickets through Thursday, it is better to just invite people to purchase the BBQ at the window on Thursday and to buy Raffle tickets at the event.
WE NEED YOUR HELP ON THURSDAY: Please volunteer to assist us with this fundraiser.
- Volunteer Area Needs:
- 7:30am – 11:30am (prep/wrapping sandwiches/filling pre-orders)
- 10:30am – 12:30pm Delivery Drivers
- 11:30am – 3:30pm (working the window/filling orders)
- 3:30pm – 7:30pm (2nd shift and closing/clean-up)
Band Performances at the BBQ
Jazz Band and leadership candidates please report to the band room at 5:30 to being moving equipment and set up for the concert.
- 6:00PM CB Jazz Band
- 6:15PM Symphonic Jazz Orchestra
- 6:30PM 1st Block Jazz Band
- 7:00PM Next year’s Colorguard • remain on the field after performance to perform with marching band.
- 7:10PM Marching Band • report to the band room at 7:00pm
- 7:25PM Senior Ceremony • Battle Hymn
- 7:30PM Live Stream Raffle Drawings on Facebook LIVE
Percussion Ensemble Festival
Our percussion students performed on Saturday at the Northwest Georgia Percussion Ensemble Festival at Dalton High School. They had the opportunity to see middle school and high school percussion ensembles from throughout the region as well as an outstanding marimba presentation by the percussion professor at Lee University and the steel drum ensemble from JSU. Thank you Mr. Nelson for organizing this outstanding event for our students and to our parents who chaperoned the event! Our students performed very well in addition to expanding their experience and expectations by observing other outstanding performances. It was a great day of music making and growth.
CHS Scramble Golf Tournament • June 3, 2022
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year. Seniors or senior Snparents, click here to fill out this form to allow us to customize your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
4th of July Parade • Sign-Up Today
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 5.5 Band BBQ
- 5.9 Leadership Clinic
- 5.10 Drum Major Clinic • Guard Spring rehearsal
- 5.11 Leadership Clinic
- 5.12 Leadership Clinic • Guard Spring rehearsal
- 5.16 Drum Major Clinic • Guard Spring rehearsal
- 5.17 Spring Concert • Leadership Clinic
- 5.18 Leadership Interviews
- 5.19 Guard Spring rehearsal
- 5.20 Graduation • Band Performs
- 2022 Marching Band Forms Due • Commitment Fees Due
- 5.23 Rookie Spring Training
- 5.24 Exams – early release • Rookie Spring Training
- 5.25 Exams – early release • Last day of School
- 6.3 CHS Scramble Band Golf Tournament
- 6. 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23 Guard Summer Practices
- 6. 9, 16, 23, 30 Percussion Summer Practices
- 6.27 Annual Guard BBQ
- 7.2 4th of July Parade Practice
- 7.4 4th of July Parade
- 7.18 – 22 Band Camp Week 1 (8:00am – 5:00pm)
- 7.25 – 29 Band Camp Week 2 (8:00am – 9:00pm)
Categories: CHS Band