Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Band Banquet • 6:00pm awards then dessert and a video • CHS Cafeteria
- Tuesday • Colorguard Spring Rehearsal • 3:45pm – 7:00pm
- Thursday • 2022 Marching Band Booster Meeting • 7:00pm • Band Room
- Percussion Ensemble rehearsal • 3:45pm – 5:00pm
- Colorguard Spring rehearsal • 3:45pm – 7:00pm
- Friday • Percussion Ensemble • 3:45pm – 5:00pm
- BBQ Packet Turn in 3:00pm – 5:00pm in the band room
- Must turn in pack by the 29th to receive the incentive
- Saturday • Northwest GA Percussion Ensemble Festival • Itinerary
Band Banquet • Monday, April 25 • CHS Cafeteria
The Band Banquet is tomorrow evening. The evening will consist of an awards ceremony beginning at 6:00pm, followed by dessert and a short movie. This year Mr. Steven Broome followed our band throughout our competitive marching season to create a video celebrating the season. The entire evening should last about an hour and a half. Thank you Mr. Broome for creating the video, it is FANTASTIC! Marching band members, be ready for some major nostalgia. It is a great way to honor a wonderful year!
We are testing a new way to allow volunteers to sign up, so we actually have a list in 2 places for this event. If you are willing to bring a dessert/help set-up/help clean up then please sign-up to volunteer here to sign-up on Charms or you can sign-up using Sign-Up Genius here.
Band BBQ • May 5, 2022
Incentives for students selling
For every 10 tickets that a student sells for the BBQ/Raffle, they will receive 1 entry into a drawing. We will draw 5 names and the students will receive a lunch of their choice from a local restaurant. We will calculate the number of tickets sold at the turn in night. Only information turned in by the turn in night on April 29 will count towards the drawing.
PACKET TURN IN NIGHT
Friday, April 29 from 3:00 pm until 5:00pm (immediately after school) in the Band Room. All money, checks, and any unsold tickets should be returned at that time.
Please plan to join us to help on Thursday, May 5, BBQ Day! Help is needed from 7:30am for set-up, until final clean-up around 8:00 pm. There is a place and time for you to help! We need you! Click here to sign up to volunteer as soon as you can. It’s work, but it is a great day filled with fellowship, and lots of fun with each other and the students.
- Volunteer Area Needs:
- 7:30am – 11:30am (prep/wrapping sandwiches/filling pre-orders)
- 10:30am – 12:30pm Delivery Drivers
- 11:30am – 3:30pm (working the window/filling orders)
- 3:30pm – 7:30pm (2nd shift and closing/clean-up)
An alternative to selling tickets would be a monetary donation towards the program’s continued success. If you do choose not to sell and make a donation instead, please return your packets so that we can make your tickets available for others who wish to sell more. It takes the contributions of each one of us to support and maintain any successful band program and especially the Legacy of the CHS Trojan Band. Each family, putting forth their best effort, allows each student in our band program to be successful. As you know, our band fees are less than most schools, this is because of the strong fundraising efforts of the Band Boosters and our students.
Band Performances at the BBQ
Our students perform at the band BBQ beginning at 6:00PM.
- 6:00PM CB Jazz Band
- 6:15PM Symphonic Jazz Orchestra
- 6:30PM 1st Block Jazz Band
- 7:00PM Colorguard
- 7:10PM Marching Band
- 7:25PM Senior Ceremony • Battle Hymn
- 7:30PM Live Stream Raffle Drawings on Facebook LIVE
Congratulations to our 2022 Trojan Guard!
Now presenting our 2022 Trojan Band!
*Colorguard members: I did not include your names for class placements because you will be in a 4th block colorguard class. It is possible however to work it out to be in both classes, at least initially. If this is something that interests you so that you can continue playing your instrument, please email me at email@example.com.
2022 Marching Band Meeting
We will have our Marching Band Kick-Off meeting this Thursday on April 28. We will cover the handbook, next year’s schedule and fees. AND… The show will be announced at the end of this meeting! It is an exciting time!
Jazz Performance Evaluations
Our students performed exceptionally well at Jazz Performance Evaluations last Tuesday at Cartersville HS! This was our first year sending 3 jazz bands for adjudication. Each band received wonderful feedback from the judges and earned SUPERIOR ratings on stage! It was a fantastic day all around. We are so proud of your children. They continue to put in the hard work and represent our community proudly! Way to go, Trojans!
Northwest Georgia Percussion Ensemble Festival – Update!
CHS Percussion will travel to Dalton High School this Saturday for a percussion festival and performance. Report time is at 9:00am and buses depart at 9:30. Students please fill out the lunch form if you haven’t already done so. There has been no word of concessions so it’s not certain that you will be able to eat and purchase snacks until dinner. Because there is a longer time frame between breakfast and dinner, all students must eat. To access the form please click here. Money must be turned in to Ms. Dothard no later than Wednesday, April 27th. Dinner will be provided and distributed as we are heading back to CHS. For your desired entree, please fill out the form here. Chips and water will be provided. Access to the schedule is attached at this link here.
Attire is all black, preferably black pants and a long-sleeve button down shirt. It’s not formal but we do want to be presentable. Students please make sure that you are in compliance with the school dress code policy.
Senior Spotlight – Need your help
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year. Seniors or senior parents, click here to fill out this form to allow us to customize your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 4.25 Band Banquet
- 4.28 2022 Marching Band Meeting
- 4.30 North West Ga Percussion Ensemble Festival
- 5.5 Band BBQ
- 5.9 Leadership Clinic
- 5.10 Drum Major Clinic • Guard Spring rehearsal
- 5.11 Leadership Clinic
- 5.12 Leadership Clinic • Guard Spring rehearsal
- 5.16 Drum Major Clinic • Guard Spring rehearsal
- 5.17 Spring Concert • Leadership Clinic
- 5.18 Leadership Interviews
- 5.19 Guard Spring rehearsal
- 5.20 Graduation • Band Performs
- 5.23 Rookie Spring Training
- 5.24 Exams – early release • Rookie Spring Training
- 5.25 Exams – early release • Last day of School
- 6.3 CHS Scramble Band Golf Tournament
- 6. 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23 Guard Summer Practices
- 6. 9, 16, 23, 30 Percussion Summer Practices
- 6.27 Annual Guard BBQ
- 7.1 4th of July Parade Practice
- 7.4 4th of July Parade
- 7.18 – 22 Band Camp Week 1 (8:00am – 5:00pm)
- 7.25 – 29 Band Camp Week 2 (8:00am – 9:00pm)
Categories: CHS Band