Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Varsity WG • 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday • LGPE for Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble
- Junior WG • 5:30om – 7:30pm
- Wednesday • LGPE for Concert Band
- Thursday • Varsity WG • 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Friday • Junior WG • 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday • Trojan Band March 5K
All concerts are FREE and open to the public. Our students perform better when their parents, siblings, family, and friends are in the audience. Please make sure that everyone knows about this event and please do your best to be there!!
Tuesday, our performance times are while buses are running their routes, so we will stay at the PAC and watch other performances when we are not warming up or performing. Dinner break is in between our bands’ performances so we are in need of parent volunteers to help us pass out food to the students during dinner break.
Students should have signed up for Chick-fil-a using this form and should bring $5 to Ms. Dothard by Tuesday to cover their dinner. If you haven’t ordered yet, please order your food tonight. Any parents who are available to assist with dinner, please VOLUNTEER HERE. Dinner will be served in the amphitheater behind the PAC.
Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble Itinerary • March 15, 2022
Due to bus availability, we will be departing CHS sooner than anticipated. Students should travel with all instruments, equipment, and performance attire to the PAC as we will not return to CHS before our performance.
- 12:00PM Eat lunch in the cafeteria if you haven’t eaten yet
- 12:30PM Report to the band room to load equipment and buses
- 1:00PM Depart for the PAC
- 1:30PM Watch VRHS performance
- 2:00PM Watch Bowdon HS performance
- 2:30PM Watch EPHS performance
- 3:00PM Watch MZHS performance (SB change into concert attire)
- 3:40PM Watch SPHS (SB go to Warm-up)
- 4:20PM CHS Symphonic Band (SB) Performance
- 4:50PM Wind Ensemble Dinner (SB still in Sight-reading) • Still working this out
- 5:20PM SB Dinner (WE change into concert attire and get instruments) • Still working this out
- 5:40PM WE Warm-up
- 6:20PM CHS Wind Ensemble (WE) Performance
- 7:00PM Watch SPHS (WE still in Sight-reading)
- 7:40PM Watch Central
- 8:10PM Depart for CHS
Concert Band Itinerary • March 16, 2022
- 11:36 report to lunch in the cafeteria eat then change into concert attire
- 12:45 depart for PAC
- 1:30 Watch Rockmart HS
- 2:00 Warm Up
- 2:40 Performance
- 3:40 Depart for CHS
- 4:00 Arrive back at CHS
Annual Trojan Band March 5K and Fun Run • PLEASE SHARE
Our Annual 5K and Fun Run is THIS WEEKEND on March 19. Students can access the student volunteer form here. Parents, we request your assistance as well, helping mostly with money, but we do need you there as a support system for our student workers. Thank you for helping our event run smoothly. Parents please use this sign up sheet to volunteer.
What’s an event without entertainment? There will be games and other fun activities during the event so bring the whole family! Looking forward to seeing each of you there!
Please continue sharing the flyer on all of your social media pages. People can sign-up by scanning the QR code, visiting our website for more information, or accessing the sign-up page directly at:
Our Annual Band BBQ is quickly approaching. If you have any leads on raffle prizes or are willing to donate something to be raffled please contact Robert or Cheryl Moore.
Carroll County Winter Guard Exhibition
Many of our Winter Guard performances have been out of town, but we have a local show coming up. Please make sure that Tuesday, March 29, 2022 is on your calendars! Both of our Winter Guards will be performing in the evening at Central-Carroll in the gym. More details will be released soon.
Band Auditions • April 14, 2022
Band auditions are approaching soon after Spring Break. Etudes will be available soon, but students should be practicing scales and sight-reading. Sightreadingfactory.com is a great resource to practice this important skill.
Colorguard Auditions • April 18-20
Colorguard Auditions will take place on April 18, 19, 20 from 3:45pm – 7:00pm. This is a great opportunity for students who enjoy dancing and choreography to join our team! If you know of someone who has a great attitude and wants to get involved please let them know about this opportunity. Interested students should attend all 3 dates and wear athletic clothing and shoes.
Band Superlatives • Band Banquet April 25, 2022
Students should use this link to vote for superlatives which will be recognized at the band banquet or April 25, 2022.
Northwest Georgia Percussion Ensemble Festival
The Carrollton High School Percussion Studio will participate in a percussion festival on April 30th at Dalton High School. Similar to LGPE, percussion ensembles from various schools will perform for a panel of judges and receive feedback on their performance. This is a great opportunity to help create and mold our students into well-rounded percussionists, as is the intended purpose of this unique ensemble.
In preparation for this festival, we will need to use time outside of regular class hours to ensure that our repertoire represents our band program well and that it exceeds the standard. Rehearsals are scheduled on Thursday from 3:45PM – 5:00PM.
Please refer to the calendar, as days/times are altered in the month of April. More information will be provided in the weeks to come.
Senior Spotlight – Need your help
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year. Seniors or senior parents, click here to fill out this form to allow us to customize your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 3.15.22 – 3.18.22 LGPE Concerts are TBD
- 3.19.22 Trojan Band March 5K
- 3.19.22 Varsity Winter Guard Camp
- 3.29.22 Carroll County WG Exhibition at Central • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- 3.26.22 Band Prom
- 4.2.22 – 4.3.22 Winter Guard SAPA Championships
- 4.4.22 – 4.8.22 SPRING BREAK
- 4.16 Sunbelt Jazz Festival at UWG
- 4.11, 12, 13, 15 Drum Line Auditions
- 4.12, 14, 15 Colorguard Training Camp
- 4.18, 19, 20 Colorguard Auditions
- 4.18, 19 Drum Line Auditions
- 4.19 Wind Ensemble after school Rehearsal with Julie Giroux
- 4.21 Honors Night
- 4.23 Prom
- 4.25 Band Banquet
- 4.26 Jazz Performance Evaluations at Carterville HS
- 4.28 2022 Marching Band Meeting
- 4.30 North West Ga Percussion Ensemble Festival
- 5.5 Band BBQ
- 5.17 Spring Concert
- 5.20 Graduation • Band Performs
- 5.24 Exams – early release
- 5.25 Exams – early release • Last day of School
- 6.3 CHS Scramble Band Golf Tournament
- 6. 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23 Guard Summer Practices
- 6. 9, 16, 23, 30 Percussion Summer Practices
- 6.27 Annual Guard BBQ
- 7.1 4th of July Parade Practice
- 7.4 4th of July Parade
- 7.18 – 22 Band Camp Week 1 (8:00am – 5:00pm)
- 7.25 – 29 Band Camp Week 2 (8:00am – 9:00pm)
Categories: CHS Band