This past weekend Justin Arnold and Connor Haley participated in the GMEA All-State Band. They earned this opportunity through a rigorous competitive process. The event concluded with a concert of the music that was prepared between March 3 and March 5. Justin served as a trumpet in the 9-10 Full Orchestra and Connor as a bassoonist in the 9-10 Band. Please help me in congratulating them on this honor!
Winter Guard Performance at Kell HS
Our Winter Guards performed at the Kell show this past Saturday and performed very well! CJHS Winter Guard ranked 1st place in the Cadet class and our CHS Winter Guard had their highest score so far this season. Their next performance will take place at SAPA Championships on April 2, 2022 in Chattanooga, TN.
Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Varsity WG • 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday • Wind Ensemble 3:30pm – 5:15pm
- Junior WG • 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Wednesday • Concert Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday • Varsity WG • 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Friday • Junior WG • 5:30pm – 7:30pm
LGPE Dates and Times
Congratulations to all of our bands for a very successful Pre-LGPE last week. This year presented new challenges considering that we were out for a week before could perform our concert, but it allowed us to receive relevant comments that have helped us to focus our efforts as we finalize our preparations for LGPE.
The LGPE concerts are also free and open to the public. Our students definitely perform better when you are in the audience. Please make an effort to be there to support our children. Concerts are hosted by the Carroll County Schools Performing Arts Center.
Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble Itinerary • March 15, 2022
- 1:45PM Report to the band room to load equipment and buses
- 2:10PM Depart for the PAC
- 2:30PM Watch EPHS performance
- 3:00PM Watch MZHS performance (SB change into concert attire)
- 3:40PM Watch SPHS (SB go to Warm-up)
- 4:20PM CHS Symphonic Band (SB) Performance
- 4:50PM Wind Ensemble Dinner (SB still in Sight-reading) • Still working this out
- 5:20PM SB Dinner (WE change into concert attire and get instruments) • Still working this out
- 5:40PM WE Warm-up
- 6:20PM CHS WE Performance
- 7:00PM Watch SPHS (WE still in Sight-reading)
- 7:40PM Watch Central
- 8:10PM Depart for CHS
Concert Band Itinerary • March 16, 2022
- 11:36 report to lunch in the cafeteria eat then change into concert attire
- 12:45 depart for PAC
- 1:30 Watch Rockmart HS
- 2:00 Warm Up
- 2:40 Performance
- 3:40 Depart for CHS
- 4:00 Arrive back at CHS
Annual Trojan Band March 5K and Fun Run • PLEASE SHARE
We will be hosting our Annual 5K and Fun Run on March 19. We want to continue creating a distinguished experience for our participants and guests so for this to be an ongoing tradition, we need your help, both students and parents. Students can access the student volunteer form here. Parents, we request your assistance as well, helping mostly with money, but we do need you there as a support system for our student workers. Thank you for helping our event run smoothly. Please use this sign up sheet.
What’s an event without entertainment? There will be games and other fun activities during the event so bring the whole family! Looking forward to seeing each of you there!
Please continue sharing the flyer on all of your social media pages. People can sign-up by scanning the QR code, visiting our website for more information, or accessing the sign-up page directly at:
Northwest Georgia Percussion Ensemble Festival
The Carrollton High School Percussion Studio will participate in a percussion festival on April 30th at Dalton High School. Similar to LGPE, percussion ensembles from various schools will perform for a panel of judges and receive feedback on their performance. This is a great opportunity to help create and mold our students into well-rounded percussionists, as is the intended purpose of this unique ensemble.
In preparation for this festival, we will need to use time outside of regular class hours to ensure that our repertoire represents our band program well and that it exceeds the standard. Rehearsals are scheduled on Thursday from 3:45PM – 5:00PM.
Please refer to the calendar, as days/times are altered in the month of April. More information will be provided in the weeks to come.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 3.19.22 Trojan Band March 5K
- 3.19.22 Varsity Winter Guard Camp
- 3.26.22 – 3.27.22 Winter Guard at WGI Atlanta
- 3.26.22 Band Prom
- 4.2.22 – 4.3.22 Winter Guard SAPA Championships
- 4.4.22 – 4.8.22 SPRING BREAK
Categories: CHS Band