We return back to school this week rejuvenated from some time off with family and loved ones during the Holiday Season. As you know with band, we always have something going on. Let’s continue to work together to make this year special for all of our students, but especially our seniors.
Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Teacher Work Day (Flex Day – Band Room Closed)• No School
- Varsity Winter Guard Camp 2:00pm – 8:00pm
- Tuesday • Teacher Work Day • No School
- Junior Winter Guard Camp 12:00pm – 5:30pm
- Wednesday • 1st Day 2nd Semester • WELCOME BACK!
- Varsity Winter Guard 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Junior Winter Guard 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Final Round All-State Auditions • Union Grove HS, Henry County
Final Round All-State Auditions:
Congratulations and good luck to the following students as they attend the final round of All-State auditions this upcoming Saturday at Union Grove HS (120 E Lake Rd, McDonough, GA 30252)! These students have earned the honor to represent us at this audition by qualifying during the first round of auditions in December.
- Justin Arnold, trumpet • 9:51AM
- Andrew Beam, tuba • 9:39AM
- Max Duncan, bassoon • 10:45AM
- Jeffrey Garcia, clarinet • 9:54AM
- Connor Haley, bassoon • 10:18AM
- Josh Hansen, trumpet • 10:12AM
- Emily Hicks, flute • 10:03AM
- Walker McCullough, trumpet • 10:15AM
- Charlie Robinson, alto saxophone • 9:45AM
I recommend for students to arrive at least 30 minutes before their audition time. This should give you time to sign-in and warm-up. Report to your audition location about 3-5 minutes before your time. You do not have to wait in line like at district honor band unless the panel is running behind. If the panel is running behind, students should audition in order of audition time, not when you arrive at the line. Remember not to wear yourself out during warm-ups. Warm-up just enough to make sure everything is working and then go do your best! Good luck again!
CHS Band Audition 200 Club
Congratulations! These successfully accumulated 200 or more points during our most recent band auditions. For more information on how students accumulate points during the audition process you can visit: https://chstrojanband.com/bandauditions/. The next audition will take place on April 14, 2022. Students can practice scales and sight-reading regularly – preferably daily to continue to improve their skills. Additionally, there are suggested practice materials available for all students at https://chstrojanband.com/bandauditions/practice-materials/.
Final Disney Payment • Due 1.14.22
Reminder that the final payment, meaning your trip is paid in full, for all students and parents traveling on the Disney Trip is due no later than January 14, 2022. You can check you balance and make payments by visiting: https://superholiday.groupcollect.com/go/chs30117-22.
Disney Parade Details
We will march in the parade at the Magic Kingdom to celebrate it’s 50th Anniversary on Friday, February 25, 2022 at 12:45PM. Below is a map of the parade route. This is a route that could happen in either direction. We have not received confirmation if we will start at the Frontierland Parade Gate or at the Town Square Parade Gate. The last time we marched this parade however, we started in Frontierland and marched to the front of the park. Either way we will still have the opportunity to march right past Cinderella’s Castle with wonderful photo opportunities along the way. I hope you are getting excited, because this is going to be a fantastic trip!
Senior Spotlight – Need your help
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year. Seniors or senior parents, click here to fill out this form to allow us to customize your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers.
After School Rehearsals Begin Next Week
In preparation for Large Group Performance Evaluations and to allow us to bring in guest clinicians for our ensembles, who help our students and teachers grow, we have regular after school rehearsals for our concert band classes this semester. These rehearsals are already on the calendar and are required of our band students.
- Symphonic Band will meet on Mondays 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Wind Ensemble on Tuesdays 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Concert Band on Wednesdays 3:45pm – 6:00pm
I was surprised that we had a few families who did not get the communication this past week about the inclement weather canceling the Peach Bowl Parade. It is very important that you sign-up for our Remind101 notifications because we use Remind for all “just in time” communication to our band parents and students. This is a FREE service that allows you to receive a text message when we send a message out.
Remind: We use Remind.com to send just in time reminders and updates to parents about ETAs and the rare last minute changes that may happen due to unpredicted circumstances. To join these reminders please text the appropriate code (found below) to 81010:
- All students A – M: @6gaa92
- All students N – Z: @37ebaca
- Parents Class of 2022: @89hc3gk
- Parents Class of 2023: @72ab42
- Parents Class of 2024: @ka2kded
- Parents Class of 2025: @kh4b84
- Colorguard Only Announcements: @62kecc8
- Percussion Only Announcements: @chstroja
We would also appreciate you following the band on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 1.5.22 1st Day 2nd Semester
- 1.14.22 Disney Payment DUE IN FULL * Final Payment
- 1.17.22 MLK Parade
- 1.29.22 Winter Guard Competition at Creekview HS
- 2.3.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.5.22 Winter Guard Competition at Kennesaw Mountain HS
- 2.10.22 – 2.12.22 District Honor Band
- 2.16.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.17.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.19.22 Winter Guard Competition at River Ridge HS
- 2.21.22 – 2.25.22 WINTER BREAK
- 2.23.22 – 2.26.22 DISNEY TRIP
- 3.1.22 Pre-Festival Concert
- 3.3.22 – 3.5.22 All-State Band
- 3.5.22 Winter Guard Competition at Kell HS
- 3.15.22 – 3.18.22 LGPE Concerts are TBD
- 3.19.22 Trojan Band March 5K
- 3.19.22 Varsity Winter Guard Camp
- 3.26.22 – 3.27.22 Winter Guard at WGI Atlanta
- 3.26.22 Band Prom
- 4.2.22 – 4.3.22 Winter Guard SAPA Championships
- 4.4.22 – 4.8.22 SPRING BREAK
Categories: CHS Band