Our Trojan Marching Band will perform for the 2021 Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl Parade through downtown Atlanta on December 30, 2021. The parade begins at 1:00PM and is free and open to the public.
The parade begins on the corner for Peachtree St. and Baker St. The map is below, but the route follows Baker St. to Centennial Olympic Park Drive where it turns left and continues along to Centennial Olympic Park, past the CNN Center, State Farm Arena, and disbands on Upper Andrew Young International Blvd. in front of the Mercedes-Benz Stadium and The Georgia World Congress Center. Our buses will drop of our band students and then park at the World Congress Center so that we can access them before entering FanFest and afterwards when we return home.
Itinerary for Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl Parade • December 30, 2021
- 9:15AM Report to the Band Room to Load Instruments • Eat a hearty breakfast before arriving
- 10:00 AM Depart for Parade Staging • Snacks will be provided on the bus since we will not have lunch until 2:00PM.
- 11:00 AM Staging for the Parade/Unload and Warm-Up
- 1:00 PM Parade Starts • We are the first band in the parade!
- 2:00 PM Enter Fan-fest (bring money for lunch and snacks which are available in FanFest. Pricing is closer to concessions pricing, I’d recommend about ~$20.)
- 5:45 PM Meet outside of FanFest before we depart for the buses as a group (refer to the photo below)
- 6:15 PM Depart for Carrollton HS
- 7:15 PM Approx. Arrive back at CHS
The weather on Thursday is supposed to be mild (around 60 degrees), but could be rainy. Band students will wear our white uniforms with the shako wrap. No gloves and no plumes. Colorguard members will be in similar attire to what we wore to the final few football games – all black attire.
The below photo is of the Georgia World Congress Center, Building C, where Fanfest is held. Fanfest typically takes up all of C-1 and C-2, sometimes even C-3. When we enter fanfest, students will have the opportunity to eat lunch, purchase souvenirs, and experience fanfest. We will meet back up at 5:45PM to call roll before exiting fanfest to the buses. Our meeting location is notated by the star on the map below. This is an area in the lobby of Fanfest and is just outside of Auditorium C101. There is a large sign for C101, and there is an escalator close by to make it easy to find. Once we have verified that we have everyone, we will move to the buses together and should be back to CHS around 7:15PM. Updated ETA’s will be communicated via Remind.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Thursday!
Categories: CHS Band