Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Symphonic Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Varsity Winter Guard Camp 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday • Wind Ensemble • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Junior Winter Guard Camp 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Wednesday • Concert Band • 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Thursday • Varsity Winter Guard 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Friday • Final Disney Payment Due
- Junior Winter Guard 5:30pm – 7:30pm
We are so proud of the students who attended the final round of All-State auditions this past weekend at Union Grove HS. Making it to that round takes tremendous dedication to practicing and talent. This year 2 Carrollton students have earned a spot in the 2022 GMEA All-State Band.
Final Disney Payment • Due 1.14.22
Reminder that the final payment for all students and parents traveling on the Disney Trip is due no later than this Friday.
Disney Parade Details
We received confirmation that our parade will be on Friday, February 25, 2022 at 12:45PM in the Magic Kingdom.
Parents if you know of another parent who is traveling with whom you’d like to room with please contact that parent and one of you please send Mr. Carr and email: firstname.lastname@example.org. He will be working on rooming lists this week and needs to finalize them soon. Students will be signing up in classes this week as well.
MLK Parade • Monday, January 17, 2022
Our Carrollton MLK Parade is on Monday, January 17, 2022 at 11:00AM through downtown Carrollton. Since the weather may be cold we will wear black beanies with our uniform instead of our shakos. Here is our bands itinerary for the morning:
- 9:00AM Report to load instruments and get into uniforms (with black beanies)
- 9:30AM Depart
- 10:00AM Parade Line Up
- 11:00AM Parade Steps Off
- Approx. 12:00PM Complete parade
We do not have school, so once we get back and unload students will be dismissed to return home.
Senior Spotlight – Need your help
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year. Seniors or senior parents, click here to fill out this form to allow us to customize your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers.
After School Rehearsals Begin This Week
In preparation for Large Group Performance Evaluations and to allow us to bring in guest clinicians for our ensembles, who help our students and teachers grow, we have regular after school rehearsals for our concert band classes this semester. These rehearsals are already on the calendar and are required of our band students.
- Symphonic Band will meet on Mondays 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Wind Ensemble on Tuesdays 3:45pm – 6:00pm
- Concert Band on Wednesdays 3:45pm – 6:00pm
We had a few families who did not get the communication this past week about the inclement weather canceling the Peach Bowl Parade. It is very important that you sign-up for our Remind101 notifications because we use Remind for all “just in time” communication to our marching band parents and students. This is a FREE service that allows you to receive a text message when we send a message out.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 1.14.22 Disney Payment DUE IN FULL * Final Payment
- 1.17.22 MLK Parade
- 1.29.22 Winter Guard Competition at Creekview HS
- 2.3.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.5.22 Winter Guard Competition at Kennesaw Mountain HS
- 2.10.22 – 2.12.22 District Honor Band
- 2.16.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.17.22 Disney Trip MB Rehearsal
- 2.19.22 Winter Guard Competition at River Ridge HS
- 2.21.22 – 2.25.22 WINTER BREAK
- 2.23.22 – 2.26.22 DISNEY TRIP
- 3.1.22 Pre-Festival Concert
- 3.3.22 – 3.5.22 All-State Band
- 3.5.22 Winter Guard Competition at Kell HS
- 3.15.22 – 3.18.22 LGPE Concerts are TBD
- 3.19.22 Trojan Band March 5K
- 3.19.22 Varsity Winter Guard Camp
- 3.26.22 – 3.27.22 Winter Guard at WGI Atlanta
- 3.26.22 Band Prom
- 4.2.22 – 4.3.22 Winter Guard SAPA Championships
- 4.4.22 – 4.8.22 SPRING BREAK
Categories: CHS Band