• Part 2
Last week was such a fantastic week working on fundamentals, music, choreography, and pre-game. This week we continue our work and begin learning the drill to our half-time show. Our week concludes with Trojan Night on Friday evening with a performance for our friends and family. We hope that you will make plans to attend!
- 8:00AM – 11:30AM Morning Block – Outside
- 11:30AM – 1:00PM Lunch
- 1:00PM – 4:30PM Afternoon Block – Inside
- 4:30PM – 6:00PM Dinner
- 6:00PM – 9:00PM Evening Block (In the Stadium)
CHS Trojan Business Day
Tuesday, July 23rd, 2019. Students are assigned various times that are to report to the high school cafeteria to take care of varies items in preparation for the start of school. Students are asked to handle their business as expeditiously as possible so that the disruption to band camp activities are minimized. Band students should follow this schedule:
- SENIORS and JUNIORS 8:00AM – 9:00AM
- (Section leaders please attend from 8:30AM – 9:30AM to help get the day started)
- SOPHOMORES and FRESHMEN 1:00PM – 2:00PM
The student leadership has designated themed dress-up days to make our week a little more fun:
- Movie Monday
- Tiki Tuesday
- Wild West Wednesday
- Section Theme Thursday
- Trojan Friday
Our Boosters have done a great job lining up lunch and dinner for the students. Thank you to everyone who has volunteered to assist us this week with meals. There are a few spots left – volunteer here. Here is what we are having for the week:
- Lunch will be provided for all students every day. There is no additional fee for this, it is included in your band fees.
- Students will ride buses to First Christian Church at 11:30 am for lunch each day. Here is the menu for the week.
- Monday – Chick-Fil-A, chips, fruit
- Tuesday – Taco Bell, tortilla chips and nacho cheese
- Wednesday – McDonald’s, chips, fruit
- Thursday – Subway, chips, fruit
- Friday – Chick-Fil-A, chips, fruit
- We are so thankful for the generosity of our local churches. Four churches have committed to providing dinner to our band students & staff and First Christian Church is allowing us to use their kitchen and fellowship hall!
- Buses will transport students and staff to First Christian Church at 4:30 pm for dinner.
Dinner schedule for the second week:
|Day||Menu||Meal provided by|
|Monday||Meatballs, gravy, rice, green beans, rolls, and dessert||First Baptist of Carrollton|
|Tuesday||BBQ Sandwich, chips, corn, dessert||NorthPoint|
|Wednesday||Parmesan chicken, bow tie pasta with alfredo sauce, caesar salad, garlic bread, and dessert.||Southern Hills|
|Thursday||Chicken fingers, Mac and cheese, baked beans and bread and dessert||Roopville Road|
If you get a chance to thank someone from each these churches, please help us send our thanks. Their blessing continues to allow us to feed our army without raising our band fees. They continue to help us to stretch our resources because of their generosity! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
Trojan Night is our family and friends preview performance. We hope that you will invite others to attend. Dinner begins at 6:00PM. The students will first perform skits that they have been preparing all week for team-building purposes, then will perform pre-game, a stand-still performance of the show music and choreography, and then march and play what we are able to learn throughout the week. Following our performances is a Candle Light ceremony on the band practice field.
Have you already signed up for Trojan Night? If not, please RSVP by Noon tomorrow, Monday, July 22.
- Sign up link here: RSVP for Trojan Night
- We also need folks to help with grilling for Trojan Night. If you want to volunteer to grill please use this link: Volunteer with grilling on Friday for Trojan Night
- We need volunteers to help clean up the First Christian Fellowship Hall after lunch on Friday, July 26, 2019. Here is the link to volunteer: Volunteer with clean up on Friday at First Christian
REMINDER: Final Fees Due and Ordering Uniform Items
More information concerning fees can be found here. Final payment is due July 23. If you are in need of a payment plan, please call 770-834-0550.
Items to be purchased from Ms. Dothard:
- Garment bags cost is $5.00. Garment bags are required for marching band to carry band uniform.
- Band black t-shirt cost is $10.00. ALL are required to have one.
- Flip folders cost is $15.00.
- Marching gloves cost is $3.00.
- Crew style (LONG) black socks cost is $3.00 OR you may purchase them yourself.
- Band Shorts free for all Rookies. Band Shorts for upperclassmen the cost is $15.00.
- Marching Band Shoes cost is $45.00. (Required of all band students, you may wear last year’s).
- Colorguard Shoes cost is $35.00. (New style shoe for the show, required of all guard members).
- Flagbag cost is $25.00. (All guard members are required to have one, you may use last year’s).
- Colorguard Gloves cost is $16.00. (All guard members are required to have them, you may use last year’s).
Ms. Dothard can only accept Cash or Money Orders OR you can pay on the School’s Revtrak (https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net).
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, please call us at 770-834-0550
Order your Band Jacket or Duffle Bag: https://ozierapparel.com/carrollton_band/shop/home
- Duffle bags are required for Color Guard, but anyone can purchase one.
The cost has gone down and is only $38.50.
- Band Jacket is required for ALL band members. The cost is $70. You will be fitted to make sure you get the right size. For an additional $5.00 you can add your name and instrument so that the jackets do not become mixed up.
Please place your order by Sunday, July 28, 2019.
I have finally been able to schedule a time with our photographer for photos this year. We will take our photos on Tuesday, July 30 at 5:30PM. Students need to be in their uniform by 5:15PM so that we can line up for the full group shot and take the photo at 5:30PM. Following the full band shot, we will take our section photos as well. Once we are finished with photos then we will continue our scheduled practice until 9:00PM.
Seniors will take their photos with their families for the program on Thursday, August 1 beginning at 5:30PM. The band room will be opened at 5:00PM for students to access their marching uniform. Photos will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
Band Parent Orientation
We are hosting a Band Parent Orientation Night for first-time band parents on August 8, 2019 from 7-8PM in the Band Room. It is a great way to meet other band parents and to learn how to be more involved and what to expect this upcoming marching band season. We hope that you make plans to attend.
We are fortunate that our students may receive health and pe credit for full participation in marching band. More information regarding this process may be accessed by following this link https://chstrojanband.com/health-in-band/. Many of our students are making great progress towards completing the online requirements for the health portion of the class. If this pertains to your child, please help to check up on their progress. There is an option in the Google Classroom for them to invite you to receive notifications. Since it is a course that allows them to work at their own pace, oftentimes it can be out of sight and out of mind, causing the students to fall behind. The best way for them to avoid any extra stress is to stay ahead of the deadlines to complete the course well before Thanksgiving Break. Thank you for your assistance with this.
We use a lot of water throughout the season! In an effort to keep the costs down for our booster club we respectfully request donations of 4 cases of bottled water. If you would prefer to not purchase the bottled water, then would you please donate $10 so that we can purchase the cases on your behalf? We use the bottled water when our band travels to away games and when we feed our students meals throughout the season. Many of you have actually already brought in some cases of water, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
SYNC YOUR CALENDAR
The Charms Calendar is syncing again. Syncing your calendar with the band calendar is a great way to stay informed of the schedule. You can access more information through the links above (If you hover over Calendar, Sync Calendar becomes an option), or just click here.
Do you shop on Amazon? Use Amazon Smile (Smile.Amazon.com) and select our band to support our students while you shop. It’s the same site but allows you to choose someone to receive a portion of the sale. If you already support someone on Amazon Smile, thank you for giving back. If you haven’t chosen someone through Amazon Smile, we would be honored if you chose the Carrollton High School Band Booster Club Inc. Thank you for all that you do for your child and all of the children in our community! Carrollton is the best place to live because it is full of people like you!
Categories: CHS Band