We are so excited to welcome everyone back tomorrow for our first week of camp. Remember that this week we will rehearse from 8:00AM – 3:00PM. Be prepared to be outside (sunscreen, hats, glasses, bug spray, WATER, lots of WATER). Don’t forget you will need tennis shoes to march in, but it is wise to bring a second pair (which may be sandals) for the afternoon session incase your shoes are wet from the dewey grass.
HUGE SHOUT OUT! We continue to be very blessed by 2 volunteers who help us to paint our field. Mr. Matt and Mr. Phillip lined and painted our field for us (remember Tee Wiggins, yes his dad and a friend of his lined our field!). If you get a chance to thank them in person, please do.
Sign-up deadlines are approaching!
Form to RSVP for Swim Party. Need to sign up by Noon on Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Those who have already done their meal selections, thank you! Please share this information with anyone you know in the band, just to double check that they are getting this information. If you have not already made your lunch selections for the second week of band camp selections are due by 11:59PM on Wednesday, July 17, 2019. We have to submit orders to the restaurants. Please get it done now. If selections have not been made by this time, a “default” meal will be selected for the student. Please note that only those students that have signed up for the vegetarian meal option will be provided vegetarian meals.
- Link to make lunch selections
- Link to sign up for vegetarian meals
- Form to RSVP for Trojan Night. Need to sign up by Noon on Monday, July 22, 2019
- Lunch will be provided for all students every day. There is no additional fee for this, it is included in your band fees.
- Students will ride buses to First Christian Church at 11:30 am for lunch each day. Here is the menu for the week.
- Monday – Chick-Fil-A, chips, fruit
- Tuesday – Taco Bell, tortilla chips and nacho cheese
- Wednesday – McDonald’s, chips, fruit
- Thursday – Subway, chips, fruit
- Friday – Chick-Fil-A, chips, fruit
- We are so thankful for the generosity of our local churches. Four churches have committed to providing dinner to our band students & staff and First Christian Church is allowing us to use their kitchen and fellowship hall!
- Buses will transport students and staff to First Christian Church at 4:30 pm for dinner.
Dinner schedule for the second week:
|Day||Menu||Meal provided by|
|Monday||Meatballs, gravy, rice, green beans, rolls, and dessert||First Baptist of Carrollton|
|Tuesday||BBQ Sandwich, chips, corn, dessert||NorthPoint|
|Wednesday||Parmesan chicken, bow tie pasta with alfredo sauce, caesar salad, garlic bread, and dessert.||Southern Hills|
|Thursday||Chicken fingers, Mac and cheese, baked beans and bread and dessert||Roopville Road|
If you get a chance to thank someone from each these churches, please help us send our thanks. Their blessing continues to allow us to feed our army without raising our band fees. They continue to help us to stretch our resources because of their generosity! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
REMINDER: Final Fees Due and Ordering Uniform Items
More information concerning fees can be found here. Final payment is due July 23. If you are in need of a payment plan, please call 770-834-0550.
Items to be purchased from Ms. Dothard:
- Garment bags cost is $5.00. Garment bags are required for marching band to carry band uniform.
- Band black t-shirt cost is $10.00. ALL are required to have one.
- Flip folders cost is $15.00.
- Marching gloves cost is $3.00.
- Crew style (LONG) black socks cost is $3.00 OR you may purchase them yourself.
- Band Shorts free for all Rookies. Band Shorts for upperclassmen the cost is $15.00.
- Marching Band Shoes cost is $45.00. (Required of all band students, you may wear last year’s).
- Colorguard Shoes cost is $35.00. (New style shoe for the show, required of all guard members).
- Flagbag cost is $25.00. (All guard members are required to have one, you may use last year’s).
- Colorguard Gloves cost is $16.00. (All guard members are required to have them, you may use last year’s).
Ms. Dothard can only accept Cash or Money Orders OR you can pay on the School’s Revtrak (https://carrolltonhs.revtrak.net).
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, please call us at 770-834-0550.
Items to be purchased through Ozier:
Ozier is setting up an online ordering page for our items. You pay for these items online or pay Ozier directly. These are the 2 items that I know will be available. Optional spirit wear items may also be accessible through this page. I will post more about it when the link is operational.
- Duffle bags are required for Color Guard, but anyone can purchase one.
The cost will be $40.
- Band Jacket is required for ALL band members. The cost is $70. You will be fitted to make sure you get the right size. For an additional $5.00 you can add your name and instrument so that the jackets do not become mixed up.
Do you shop on amazon? Use Amazon Smile (Smile.Amazon.com) and select our band to support our students while you shop. It’s the same site, but allows you to choose someone to receive a portion of the sale. If you already support someone on Amazon Smile, thank you for giving back. If you haven’t chosen someone through Amazon Smile, we would be honored if you chose the Carrollton High School Band Booster Club Inc. Thank you for all that you do for your child and all of the children in our community! Carrollton is the best place to live because it is full of people like you!