- Although the turn in was the other night, please continue to sell BBQ tickets and to let everyone know that they can buy them the day of! Being busy that day is a huge blessing. Please help us spread the word!
- Guard rehearsal on Tuesday from 4pm – 7pm at CJHS Gym
- Percussion rehearsal on Wednesday from 4pm – 6pm in the HS Band Room
- Thursday is the BBQ • Sign-Up to Volunteer
- Friday our Wind Ensemble performs at the Center for the Arts with the Persidio Brass!
Band BBQ (May 2) – WE NEED U!
Band Barbecue is THIS Thursday!!!! This is a very important fundraiser for the band program and we need EVERY student to participate by selling their 30 tickets or making a donation of $175. I have heard several people say that they aren’t selling tickets because their student is a senior. That is not how this works! When our students were in junior high, they didn’t sell BBQ tickets, the high school did, all grades. There is an element of helping the next class, because someone else did the same for you. ALL students are expected to sell their tickets, whether they are a senior or a freshman.
It is not too late to sell your tickets and turn in your money. Also, tickets will be available the day of the barbecue! We will be serving food from 11:00 AM – 6:45 PM RAIN OR SHINE! We still need volunteers! Join us all day, or a few hours. Sign up at: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4633773
Although the turn in already happened, please continue to sell.
Wind Ensemble with Persidio Brass on Friday
Friday, May 3 our Wind Ensemble will perform with the nationally acclaimed Persidio Brass. We have been invited to a rehearsal on Friday morning and are included in their performance on Friday evening. Here is the itinerary for our students that day.
- 8:30AM – Depart for the Center for the Arts
- 9:30AM – Rehearsal with Persidio Brass and Bowdon HS Band
- 10:30AM – Masterclass demonstration by the Persidio Brass
- 11:30AM – Depart for lunch at the Lazy Donkey • Order HERE • $8
- 1:00PM – Return to CHS and to class
- 6:30PM – Report to the Center for the Arts (we will not take buses)
- Dinner will be provided by the Center for the Arts at this time – please be early.
- 7:30PM – The performance begins – we perform the last tune on the first half of the concert. Students have a couple of options after their performance:
- Remain backstage and watch the remainder of the concert for free, or
- Purchase a ticket for $5.00 to watch the second half from the auditorium, or
- Be dismissed for the evening (they are welcome to leave after their performance if they need to go. This is why we are not taking a bus.
- My best guess is that we will be finished with our portion by 8:30PM, and the concert will conclude around 9 – 9:15PM ish.
- This is a wonderful opportunity because it allows our students to collaborate with the Bowdon HS band students as well as work closely with the Persidio Brass Ensemble.
- For more info on the Persido Brass Ensemble, check them out here.
Band Prom will be May 11th in the band room. This is a fun night for the band students to spend time together before the break. There will be a DJ and snacks. Please see the following link to sign up to chaperone and/or bring snacks or drinks.
HAVE YOU TURNED IN YOUR FORMS?
Have you turned in your forms or commitment fee for next year’s marching band yet?
Categories: CHS Band