WOW, what a game! Although the score didn’t end up the way we had hoped, it was a win in many aspects. So proud of our football team for fighting every minute of the football game, our band and cheerleaders showing their support, and OUR FANS showed their support by cheering, shaking, and believing in our team! It was a fun game to be a part of! Thank you to all those that came out to help the band and cheer on the mighty Trojans! A special THANK YOU to, Brad Jackson, for donating Gatorade and Powerade to the band! We appreciate your kindness and generosity!!
So, this time of year is crazy busy and it is easy to feel a bit overwhelmed. But, we will have fun together getting it all done! We have football games, competitions, fundraisers, and our Legacy of Champions band competition! I am tired just listing those things out! This will be a long post with lots of details and events, but don’t skip over it or skim it (I know we all do that sometimes!), you need to be informed and prepared!
Can you help?
The CJHS band is asking for donations of black band polos and Trojan band shirts from past students. If you have any items to donate to Junior High band please bring them washed to Ms. Dothard’s desk. Thank you so much.
Homecoming Week : More Information (dress up days, etc.)
Monday – 3:45 pm – 6:15 pm
Tuesday – 3:45 pm – 6:15 pm
Thursday – 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Friday – 2nd Block Pep-Rally (students report at the beginning of 2nd block)
After the pep-rally students each grab their lunch from the cafeteria and eat it in the band room
12:15 PM In Uniform
12:30 PM Depart for Parade Staging
1:00 PM Parade
1:30 PM Section Leaders and Seniors perform at 2 nursing homes
Football Game vs. East Paulding 7:30 PM
6:15 PM Report in Uniform for the Game
6:45 PM Perform in the AMP
7:10 PM Pre-Game
- Remember, we don’t feed the kids for home games!
- We will not be performing our show during half time, we will be playing background music for the crowning of the homecoming court.
- We will perform the show post game
- Volunteer Link: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4033484
I know that some of you have always dreamed of helping on the field during our show, well, now you can! There are 4 props that need to be moved during the show (2 people per prop). If you are interested in working with these props, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It would be best if the volunteers could help at ALL the games and competitions, as you will need to learn what needs to be done.
We will be meeting this Monday and Tuesday (9/17 and 9/18) from 5:00 – 6:15 pm to paint the props. We will meet at the house behind the band room, affectionately known as the “Castle”.
Carroll County Band Exhibition
Tuesday, September 25th is the Carroll County Band Exhibition. The event will begin at 6:30 at Central High School. There is a $5 charge for parking and tickets for the event are $6 per person. The following is the schedule for that evening.
- 6:30 PM Recognition of Principals, Booster Presidents and Board of Education Members / National Anthem
- In our past 4 years our performance time has been around 8:20PM and Central performs at 8:50PM with a college exhibition band to follow. Best guess is that we will be finished about 9:30PM and back at CHS by 10:30PM.
Schedule for the Exhibition on the 25th:
- Tuesday – Exhibition
- Load Trailer 3:30 PM
- Dinner 4 pm – Pizza (provided by the boosters)
- In Uniform – 4:45 PM
- Depart CHS for Central 5 PM for SSB Practice
- Approx. arrival at CHS – 10:30 PM
Thursday (9/27) – Band Booster Club Meeting & LoC Volunteer Information/Training Session
This meeting will cover some general band booster items as well as preparation for the Legacy of Champions.
- Thursday (9/27) – 6:30 PM
- Booster Update
- All-In-One Fundraiser
- Legacy of Champions Information/Training Session
All-In-One sale kick off!
Thursday, September 27!!!
It is time to begin our All in One sale!! This is a long standing, and always highly anticipated fundraiser for the Carrollton High School Band! It is a fruit and meat sale, students will sell and collect money at the point of sale. Money and order sheets will be turned into the boosters and the purchaser will be responsible to pick up their order on November 16th or 17th at Tabernacle Baptist Church. This is an important fundraiser and we hope to see ALL of our students participating by selling!!! ALL students (band and guard) are EXPECTED to participate in this fundraiser. If you choose not to participate in the fundraiser, you are expected to make a $100 donation to the band boosters. I know this sounds harsh, but you can’t expect someone else to take up your slack just because you didn’t want to ask people to buy some fruit or meat. I know that it may be out of your comfort zone, but our community is kind and the band has a fantastic reputation, which makes our job easy to get people to buy from us!
It is hot and that means our band is consuming a lot of water! It is time for those water donations. Each member of the band (which includes the guard) is asked to donate $10 or 4 cases of water. If you are paying by check, please make it out to the CHS band boosters. You can also pay online at: https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/trojan-band-water2/
Thank you for your help! The kids appreciate it! We take waters to every game and competition, so we need LOTS of water!
Legacy of Champions
Our competition, the Legacy of Champions (10/13/18), will be here before you know it and we need to make sure we get all of the volunteer spots filled. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do so as soon as possible so we can continue to prepare knowing this is all taken care of. Remember, all band students are required to work the entire day and parents/band boosters are expected to work at least one volunteer shifts during the event, but highly encouraged to commit to working the whole day.
The success of our event takes the support and efforts of ALL of our parents/boosters. So please take a moment and visit our volunteer page: https://chstrojanband.com/volunteer/. The most important part is to just be involved, so please take time to sign-up today!
There are also sign-ups for donating food and lending equipment! Don’t miss out on a opportunity to make a huge impact for our band!
The 4th and final payment deadline is quickly approaching, October 23rd. This is a very important deadline! Our contract with the travel company states that all travelers must be completely paid by this date!
Balance DUE BY October 23, 2018 **Payments may be made with an organization check, cashier’s check or money order. Credit card payments may be made with our online web link with MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- Please remember the cancellation policy:
- Cancellation/Changes – items for the trip have been purchased, which is why this policy is so important.
- All Cancellations and changes in number of attendees must be made in writing, indicating reason of cancellation, dated and signed by the Group Leader. Upon receipt of written notification of changes in number of attendees (individual cancellations), or entire group cancellation, charges will be applied as follows:
- February 23, 2017 – March 23, 2018 $50.00 per person cancellation fee
- March 24, 2018 – May 23, 2018 $100.00 per person cancellation fee
- May 24, 2018 – July 23, 2018 $300.00 per person cancellation fee
- July 24, 2018 – August 23, 2018 $600.00 per person cancellation fee
- August 24, 2018 – October 23, 2018 $900.00 per person cancellation fee
- After October 23, 2018 NO REFUNDS
Categories: CHS Band