Are you ready for Friday night lights? I hope so, because THIS Friday is our first game! We will be playing East Coweta High School at the University of West Georgia at 8:00 pm! We hope that you can join us as we support our awesome football program!
Make sure to keep reading! In the post you will also find information about show shirt orders, trip information, Yankee Candle, prop building days, and our schedule for the week, so read carefully!!
Show Shirt Orders
Want to buy a show shirt? Pre-order period will close at midnight on Friday August 24, 2018 reminders will be sent out when show shirts are available for pick up, approximately 2 weeks after pre-order window closes.
- The following link is for the show shirt:
Prop Work Nights
Please come and help construct our props for this year’s field show. Prop nights are held at the house behind the band room. There is a gravel/dirt road behind the band room, it ends at the house where we will be meeting. We hope to see you there!
- Tuesday, August 21st, 6:00 – 7:00 pm in the Band Work House
- Thursday, August 23rd, 7:00 – 8:00 pm in the Band Work House
The 3rd payment deadline is quickly approaching, August 23rd. This is a very important deadline! Our contract with the travel company states that we should have paid $1307 per traveler by this date! Airline tickets are being purchased on the 24th of August. Super Holiday Travel sent out a letter to every traveler. If you DID NOT receive an email from them this past Friday, then you have not correctly or completely signed up for the trip on their site. http://www.Superholiday.com. You MUST complete the online registration. If you haven’t registered, please refer to this link for assistance:
If you paid your deposit and have decided not to go, please email email@example.com and let me know that your plans have changed. If you have trouble signing up please contact Mark Drury at 678-520-1766. He is our travel agent and will be able to assist you.
It is extremely important that EVERY traveler be signed up on the Super Holiday Tours website by THIS Thursday, August 23rd!!
- The next payment due date is August 23rd!!! This is a very important payment. EVERY TRAVELER should have paid 3 full payments of $419 plus the $50 deposit: $1307.
- Balance DUE BY October 23, 2018 **Payments may be made with an organization check, cashier’s check or money order. Credit card payments may be made with our online web link with MasterCard, Visa and Discover.
- Please remember the cancellation policy:
- Cancellation/Changes – items for the trip have been purchased, which is why this policy is so important.
- All Cancellations and changes in number of attendees must be made in writing, indicating reason of cancellation, dated and signed by the Group Leader. Upon receipt of written notification of changes in number of attendees (individual cancellations), or entire group cancellation, charges will be applied as follows:
- February 23, 2017 – March 23, 2018 $50.00 per person cancellation fee
- March 24, 2018 – May 23, 2018 $100.00 per person cancellation fee
- May 24, 2018 – July 23, 2018 $300.00 per person cancellation fee
- July 24, 2018 – August 23, 2018 $600.00 per person cancellation fee
- August 24, 2018 – October 23, 2018 $900.00 per person cancellation fee
- After October 23, 2018 NO REFUNDS
Football Game versus East Coweta at University of West Georgia
ALL parents attending the game will need to purchase a ticket either at the gate or at the front office of the high school. Tickets are cheaper if you buy them from the school! ($10 at CHS and $15 at the gate)
If you would like to volunteer that night, please go to the following link to sign up: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/volunteerR.asp?s=carrgahsb&v=4033480
If you plan to help on the field, which includes pulling the flag, please where a black Trojan shirt.
Orders for candles are due, August 30th. Boosters will be in the band room that evening from 7-9 pm to receive orders.
Schedule for the Week
- Monday – FULL band – 3:45 – 6:15 pm
- Tuesday – FULL band – 3:45 – 6:15 pm
- Volunteer Prop Building – 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Thursday – FULL band – 6:00 – 9:00 pm
- LoC Coordinator Meeting – 6:00 – 7:00 pm
- Volunteer Prop Building – 7:00 – 8:00 pm
- Friday – GAME DAY!
- UWG KICKOFF ITINERARY
- 4:00PM Dinner
- 5:15PM In Uniform
- Students will wear Show Shirt, band shorts, long black socks, and marching shoes with their band uniforms.
- Colorguard uniform will be announced by Emma.
- 5:45PM Depart for UWG
- 6:00PM Arrive/Unload and Warm-Up for Pre-game
- 7:30PM Pre-Game
- 8:00PM Kick-Off
- About 11:30PM Arrive back at CHS – Check Remind for updates
Be sure to subscribe to our various channels of communication. Follow this webpage by entering your e-mail address above, follow us on Facebook: CHSTrojanBand, Twitter: @chstrojanband, Remind: Text@chstro to 81010 to join. There are quick links to many of our channels at the top right of this page. We try to update you with photos from the events, any changes in itinerary (like our arrival time back to the HS, which often depends on the game length and traffic), and other important information.
Categories: CHS Band