Congratulations on a spectacular competitive season! I am so thankful for the perseverance and dedication of everyone involved. We have so much to celebrate from this season because of the countless acts from parent volunteers – feeding our students during band camp, loading and hauling equipment, preparing waters and snacks for our students, altering and maintaining uniforms all season, keeping up with plumes so that our students are polished, designing, building, setting-up, and tearing down props so that our show is a step above the rest. We have so much to celebrate because of our students believing in one another enough to encourage each other to do their best, to set higher goals, and not accept mediocrity even when they were just plain tired! I am so impressed by the level of enthusiasm, performance quality, and heart that everyone in our organization provided for our competitive season! I am so thankful that although the competitive part of the season has come to a close, our season together is not done. We will have an a chance this Friday night to provide a service for our school and celebrate our history during this year’s homecoming game versus Hiram HS. We will have the opportunity to honor our Seniors at our last home game and celebrate their leadership. I am so impressed by the care in which they carry themselves because they understand that others look up to them and they are setting the tone for the success of the band for years to come. We have so much to celebrate because our seniors are a very special group of students! Undoubtedly the class is full of the brightest students in our school. How fortunate are we that they chose to leave their legacy at CHS by investing in our band program?
It is because of all of us pulling together as a team that we have had the most successful band season in years! Very thankful for our staff and the countless hours of planning, preparation, and love that they pour into our students everyday! When we all work together – Parents, Students, and Staff we have the DREAM TEAM because we are all working for the same purpose. So thankful that we were able to realize these successes together and I look forward to enjoying the remainder of our marching season together!
This past Saturday our Trojan Band had another spectacular performance at the Super Bowl of Sound. We earned superior ratings in all captions and swept first place placements in Class AAAAA! Overall our Drum Majors, Battery and Front Ensemble finished 1st place, our Color Guard finished 2nd place, and our band also finished 2nd place. Additionally, we were awarded the Most Entertaining Band Award, which is an award that is unique to the Super Bowl of Sound and in Mr. Carr’s opinion the most important. Let’s continue to be humbled by the fact that we have the ability to participate in this amazing activity together and never stop encouraging one another to strive for new heights! We have many more crowds looking forward to our performance, let’s give them the best!
This week’s schedule
- Monday – NO practice
- Tuesday – FULL band – 3:45 – 5:00 pm
- Wednesday – LOC training for Band Guides, Drum Majors, and Band Captain
- Thursday – FULL band (this will be a show run through and Student LOC training) – 3:45 – 6 pm
- 5:30 pm – Report time
- Report to practice field
- Wear show shirt and band shorts
- 6:00 pm – get in uniforms
- 6:25 pm – Report to band room in uniform for a quick stand tunes rehearsal
- 6:35 pm – Depart band room for CHS Amp
- 6:45 pm – Performance in the CHAMP (CHS amp)
- 7:00 pm – March to Pre-Game
- 7:30 pm – kick off
- Pick up at the band room following the game
- 5:30 pm – Report time
- To volunteer:
Well, we are only days away from our marching band competition, The Legacy of Champions! We are so excited for what this day will bring and to have a record number of visiting bands join us on our beautiful campus this Saturday. Thank you to everyone who has signed-up already to make this day special for everyone visiting the Trojan Nation this Saturday. We are going to have a great time, make lots of memories, and deliver a Gold Standard experience to all who join us. The Legacy Grows this Saturday!!!
- Saturday – Legacy of Champions – all day!
- To volunteer:
- Volunteer opportunities in each area still exist and include all-day, and 1st or 2nd shift, with shifts being approx 5-6 hours and all day being 10-12 hours. Gates open at 11am, so in general, all-day volunteers and 1st shift volunteer will begin at 10:45am BUT some duties may require that you report earlier, so please check with you area coordinator for your exact report time. Second shift volunteers will report at 3:30pm in most cases, but again check with you area coordinator for your exact report time. Area Coordinators are listed on the Volunteer page of our website. Please plan to arrive on campus 15-30 minutes prior to your report time to allow for traffic and enough time to check-in and make your way to your duty station.
- All volunteers are to park at the CJHS upper parking lot.
- Volunteer check-in is in the CHS Don Hall Band Room. All volunteers need to check-in before reporting to duty stations please!
- As needed, additional details will be provided this week via emails and/or texts from the Volunteer Coordinator or your area coordinator.
- To volunteer:
As always, if you have any general questions, please make sure to contact Mr. Carr at: firstname.lastname@example.org, the Band Office at 770-834-0550, or the Band Boosters at: email@example.com.
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters