I hope you all have enjoyed your long weekend! A few of things to remember as we prepare for the coming week:
- This Week’s Schedule
- Tuesday (9/5/17) – FULL BAND – 3:45-6:15 pm
- Thursday (9/7/17) – FULL BAND – 6-9 pm
- Thursday – Boosters Prop building – 6-8 pm (be prepared to paint)
- Friday (9/8/17) – FULL BAND – 4-9 pm
- Friday – Boosters Prop building – 6-8 pm (be prepared to paint)
- Friday – American Pie Social – 9 – 10:30 pm – optional event, students will need money for food and transportation to & from the restaurant. Parents are welcome to join too!
- Prop Construction Work Days
- This week we will need volunteers to help paint some props for our field show. We will meet Thursday and Friday (9/7-8/17), 6-8 pm at the band room. Please come dressed to paint!
- Yankee Candle Fundraiser
- Thank you all for your hard work with the Yankee Candle Fundraiser! Did you forget to turn in your packet? There is still time! Packets will be accepted till the end of school Tuesday, September 5, 2017. But please continue to sell online! Top sellers who will get a chance to grab cash and prizes in the money machine will be determined on the date of delivery by the combination of catalog and online sales.
- Huge Thank You
- Thank you all for volunteering Friday night at the game and tailgate! It was a great evening with a Trojan win and impressive performance by our band!
- Trojan Band Shoppe
- Don’t forget to get your Trojan Band gear at the Shoppe! Pick up your order forms at the band room display or order online at: https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/Spiritwear/#/list. Store hours this week: Thursday (9/7/17) 5-6 pm and 7:30-8:30 pm.
- Legacy of Champions
- The Legacy of Champions is the marching band competition hosted by the Carrollton Trojan Band Boosters here at Grisham Stadium. This year our event is Saturday, October 14th and is an all day event. This is one of our premier fundraising events with the funds going to reduce the cost of our biennial band trips. All students are required to work this event and we ask that all parents plan to volunteer as well. We need everyone involved! Sign-ups for volunteers will be released this week, so please be looking for those and sign-up to support this awesome event that draws bands from around the entire state!
- Can You Help?
- The Junior High and Middle School are in great need of used band performance polos, black dress pants, shoes, and instruments that are not used anymore. Ms. Menendez and Ms. Thacker want to continue improving that continuity between our programs by ensuring that ALL Trojan Band members from 5th-12th grade are able to fully participate, regardless of any financial constraints. Please donate any gently used items or instruments by either directly bringing them to Ms. Menendez at the Junior High or by delivering them to Ms. Barbara Dothard at the front desk in the band room. Below are some of our future high school Trojan Band members who assisted in pulling the flag on Friday. We cannot wait to see what their future holds!
CHS Band Staff & Boosters