1. Band camp and pre-camp are both REQUIRED for all marching band and guard students.
- Pre-camp July 17-21, 8 AM – 3 PM
- Band camp July 24-28, 8 AM – 9 PM
- Remember, early is on time and on time is late. Students will need to arrive with enough time to get their water coolers and instruments and be in their correct places.
2. What to wear
- Shorts (no denim shorts or long jeans)
- Tennis shoes and socks (no chacos, crocs, flip flops, converse, sandals)
- Hats or visors are a good option to keep faces from burning and keep students cooler
- Chapstick with sun protection
- It will be HOT! Students will spend time in the sun! Please make sure students are comfortable and protected from sunburn!
- Students should already be hydrating in anticipation of band camp!
- Please make sure your student is drinking lots of water everyday!
- Our band students are old enough and mature enough to understand that their bodies need water! Soda does not provide the hydration that students require to be successful at band camp!
4. Week one (July 17-21) meals (school provides free meals or bring your own)
- The school will provide free breakfast and lunch to all students for the first week of band camp. Breakfast will be available in the band room at 7:30 am each day. Students who sign up for breakfast will need to arrive early each day so that they can eat and be ready for rehearsal on time at 8:00 am. Breakfast options in the past included pop tarts, cereal, fruit, juice and milk.
- Lunch will be served in the cafeteria the first week.
- The menu will be posted Monday, July 10th.
Deadline to sign up for meals is:
|Meal Day (breakfast or lunch)||Sign Up Deadline (midnight)|
|Monday, July 17||Thursday, July 13|
|Tuesday, July 18||Sunday, July 16|
|Wednesday, July 19||Monday, July 17|
|Thursday, July 20||Tuesday, July 18|
|Friday, July 21||Thursday, July 19|
- Please sign up for meals at the following link:
- Students may NOT leave campus for meals. Students may bring a meal with them or have one delivered. All students will be REQUIRED to remain on campus each day.
5. Week two meals for band camp (July 24-28) (pay $25 for meals or bring your own lunch, dinner provided)
- The school will NOT be providing any meals for the second week of band camp. Students will need to eat breakfast BEFORE arriving for camp each day.
- The Band Boosters will make lunch available each day for a fee. Students will need to pay $25 for the week for lunch. The menu will be:
- Monday – Chick-fil-a – sandwich or 8 nuggets, chips, fruit
- Tuesday – Arby’s – roast beef sandwich or ham and cheese sandwich, chips, fruit
- Wednesday – Subway – 6 inch turkey or ham sub, chips, fruit
- Thursday – Taco Bell – 2 tacos or 2 bean burritos, chips and salsa, beans, and fruit
- Friday – Chick-fil-a – sandwich or 8 nuggets, chips, fruit
- Meals can be paid for online or to the band boosters. Meals must be ordered and paid for by Thursday, July 20th at midnight. Students ordering meals will need to complete the order form in the band room to make their selection each day.
- Dinners for week 2 will be provided by several different local churches. This is the first time we have done this, and we have been blown away by the responses from our local churches! Vegetarian options will be available.
6. Trojan Night, July 28th at 6 PM
- Trojan Night is the last night of band camp. Families are invited to join the Trojan Band for hamburgers, skits, a preview of this year’s show, and a special candle lighting ceremony. I hope that you all can make plans to join us for this fun night! The kids and staff look forward to showing off all of their hard work!
- If you would like, please bring a dessert to share! We ask that you bring something that can be picked up to eat and does not require a fork or spoon. (cookies, brownies…)
- The link to sign up for Trojan Night is:
7. Parent Volunteers
- The Band Boosters would love to have you volunteer with us! Please go to the following link to sign up to volunteer during the first week of band camp.
- We will need volunteers to help serve and clean up breakfast and lunch each day. We would also love to have a parent volunteer to be in the band room to assist Ms. Dothard or the band directors as needed (helping keep the band room clean, assisting a student that isn’t feeling well, etc.)
- Trojan Night also has volunteer opportunities: set up, grill, serve, clean up. Please see the link above to sign up to help that night!
8. Water Donations
- All marching band and color guard students are REQUIRED to donate 4 cases of water or donate $10 and the Band Boosters will buy them for you. You can send a check or cash in with your student (please include the student’s name and what the money is for) to the Band Booster box or pay online.
9. Band Booster Membership
- We would love for you to join us as we support, encourage, and assist the Trojan Band!
- Your $35 membership fees helps feed the kids during the season, build props for the show, maintain our 18 wheeler, van, and trailers, along with many other things!
10. Yankee Candle Fundraiser
- We will be doing a new fundraiser this year! The kick-off for the fundraiser will be Thursday evening, August 10th at 5 PM in the band room! Mark your calendars!!
This was a lot of information! Thank you for taking the time to read the entire thing! Please let us know if you have any questions!
Here’s you band camp check list:
√ Signed up for FREE meals week one
√ Completed parent volunteer form
√ Signed up for Trojan Night
√ Purchased Water or made $10 donation
√ Paid for week 2 lunches (optional)
Categories: CHS Band