The Carrollton Trojan Band Program has an amazing evening planned for tomorrow, Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Mabry Arts Center. The Carrollton Junior High School and the Carrollton High School Bands will be featured in a free pre-festival concert that will showcase their hard-work and preparation for their upcoming performances in the Georgia Music Educators Association’s Large Group Performance Evaluation (LGPE) that take place in March. Audience members in attendance on Thursday will be privileged to inspiring performances by the Carrollton Junior High School 7th Grade Band, Carrollton Junior High School 8th Grade Band, Carrollton High School Symphonic Band, and Carrollton High School Wind Ensemble.
In addition to the concert, Director of Bands, Chris Carr, will make a huge trip announcement, revealing the destination of the Carrollton High School Band’s 2017 trip. It is going to be an awesome trip and he can’t wait to let the cat our of the bag!
So make plans to join us tomorrow evening, Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Mabry Arts Center, for a great concert and some exciting news.
Please remember, that due to construction, parking will be especially challenging, so please plan to arrive early and bring lots of patience!
A few performance notes:
- Performance Order: 7th, 8th, Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble
- We will need a few parent volunteers to help re-set the stage between bands
- We will have adjudicators present who will be creating comment tapes of our performances. Please ignore them recording their comments during each performance.
- Junior high students report at 6:30pm
- High school students report to the audience in concert attire by 6:50pm