It has been an amazing year so far and now as February approaches there are lots of things coming up on the horizon, which we will highlight a few here, but you will want to make certain to keep a close eye on the calendar to ensure you are up-to-date and engaged.
- Booster Work Day: Saturday, 1/30/2016 from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (CORRECTED TIME) at the band room – This is a date that was picked by an overwhelming majority of boosters to come together to take care of several loose ends we need to tie up as we enter another phase of our support of the band program.
- On this day we will be working on the following items: Clean-out of old storage trailer; Disassemble last year’s props; work on new parade banner; apply sponsor magnets to large trailer (if ready); transport remaining LoC items to storage unit; work in uniform closet to prepare for dry cleaning and next season.
- We will need people to bring various tools, brooms, trucks, etc., anything that would generally be helpful on a work-day with the given agenda.
- Concert Attire Fitting & Trade Day: Monday, 2/1/2016 at 6:00 p.m. at the band room – Both boys and girls will be fitted for their concert attire at this time. If you signed up to/or wish to donate, sell, or trade gently used concert attire items like tuxedo coats, pants, and dress shirts, dresses, shoes etc., you will want to bring your items to this event just a few minutes early to set-up.
- Please note: If you need concert attire, whether you plan to purchase new or used, you will need to plan to be fitted on this night as all students will be required to secure Concert Band attire before our first concert.
- If you plan/need to purchase new attire, you will not be required to pay at the time of the fitting, you will be notified of cost at a later date. We do not have exact prices at this time, but last year’s costs wear approx. $140 for Tuxedo attire (jacket, shirt, pants, and shoes) and $100 for Dress attire (dress, shoes, and jewelry). You also have the option to only purchase what you need, pants, shoes, etc.
- Moe’s Band Spirit Night: Tuesday, 2/2/2016, 5:oopm – 8:00pm – Moe’s Southwestern Grill , Carrollton. These have been a great boost to our fundraising efforts, so please continue to support and promote these spirit nights!
- Wind Ensemble Rehearsals: Monday’s after school until 5:00PM.
- Winter Guard Practices & Performances: Winter Guard has a really busy month full of practices and performances, so make sure to visit the calendar for those dates and times.
- District Honor Band: 2/11/2016 – 2/13/2016 in Ringgold, GA. – For those selected to participate in District Honor Band, make sure you have these dates marked down. More details will be provided to these students directly.
- Pre-Festival: 2/25/2016 – Shared Band Concert with the Junior High students, where the students will perform for adjudicator comments.
- All-State Band: March 3 – 5 in Athens, GA at the Classic Center. For more information please visit http://www.gmea.org/band/all-state-band/. Students who were accepted into this need to make hotel reservations now. Mr. Carr has a block of rooms reserved at the Hampton Inn. If you would like any of these rooms, please contact him for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nobody said being a band supporter was easy… but it sure is rewarding supporting such a great group of students and staff!
CHS Band Staff & Band Boosters
Categories: CHS Band