With one of the most high anticipated and exciting years just ahead of us, we have many immediate opportunities for you to get involved and support our band program. Please take some time to sign-up and/or encourage others to get involved.
- Trojan Lady B.U.G.s (Band Uniform Guardians) – We need several volunteers to commit to protecting, caring for and working with the band uniforms for the 2015-2016 school year. Duties include but are not limited to: assisting with initial fitting and distributions, minor repairs, emergency spot cleaning/repairs, preparing for scheduled cleanings, pre-performance uniform checks, being present and both home & away performances, including competitions to ensure the band looks its best. We hope to get enough volunteers to sign-up so there can be a rotation so that no one is expected to be at every performance. So please consider signing up for this often overlooked volunteer opportunity. You can sign-up at the bottom of this post. (If you are viewing by email, please visit this post on our website to see the sign-up area)
- Bus Chaperones – With the band traveling to away games, competitions, concert performances etc., we need volunteers each year to serve as bus chaperones. Duties include but are not limited to: Maintaining order, ensuring safety of students and adherence to school and band polices, providing minor first aid if needed, being available to attend most, if not all, away performances, but again, if we get enough volunteers to sign-up there could be a rotation so that no one is expected to be at every performance. Please consider volunteering as a bus chaperone and you and your fellow chaperones can come up with you own cool team name 🙂 You can sign-up at the bottom of this post. (If you are viewing by email, please visit this post on our website to see the sign-up area)
- 2015 Prop Teams – The prop teams will be planning, building and handling the props needed for this year’s half time show and possibly some items for the Legacy of Champions. For more details on what’s needed for these teams, or to sign-up, please see our previous post linked here that provides all of the details: Everyone Deserves a Chance to Fly – Defying Gravity Prop Team, Sign-up Now!
- Legacy of Champions – If you haven’t heard about this event yet, please take a moment to review the Legacy of Champions website. This is going to be a premier event for our band program and community requiring everyone’s participation to ensure its success. With that being said, all current band members and parents/guardians will be expected to participate in the event in some way. So please take a moment and go ahead and sign-up so you can take your pick of the duties still available. To volunteer for the Legacy of Champions, visit our Volunteer page on the Legacy of Champions website or Sign-up here!
- LoC Sponsorship Lead(s) – One area that we are currently looking for someone to take the lead on is with our LoC Sponsorship team. For this opportunity we are looking for one or two highly motivated individuals to assist with securing sponsorships for our competition. Duties include but are not limited to: Calling, emailing and possibly meeting with local businesses and individuals to secure sponsorship commitments. So if have the gift of gab and can commit to regularly reaching out to our community partners, we need you! Sign-up now to for this very immediate and important role in our competition staff. To volunteer for this opportunity, visit our Volunteer page on the Legacy of Champions website or Sign-up here! and just indicate in the comments area of the form that you want to serve as a sponsorship lead.
While the opportunities above are very specific and immediate needs, there are many more additional support roles that the boosters at large also fill, from loading and unloading, to feeding and encouraging, we do it all and for that we must have a diverse and active group of supporters and volunteers who are willing to do whatever is needed of them. So we would love to have you partner with the Carrollton High School Band Boosters so that we can continue to support our award winning band program by utilizing our collective resources, talents and time. Booster membership is now open to all parents/guardians of current and former CHS Band, Color Guard & Winter Guard students, as well as Trojan Band alumni. To find out more about the Band Boosters and how to join, please visit the Band Boosters page of our website: https://chstrojanband.com/band-boosters/
Everyone can be great because anyone can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t even have to make your subject and and your verb agree to serve… You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sign-up for Trojan Lady B.U.G.s (Band Uniform Guardians) or Bus Chaperones
Categories: CHS Band, Legacy of Champions