Well when we planned our Disney trip over ten months ago it seemed as if the departure date would never arrive, but here we are with just a little over a week to go before we hit the road to Walt Disney World! While at Disney we will represent our school and community to an international crowd of thousands and show them that what a “Gold Standard” school system and band program is all about, so we ask our community to keep us all in your thoughts and prayers for safe travel and a wonderful time.
As we make our final preparations for our trip there are some very important updates and reminders we wanted to share:
- Disney Chaperones – There will be a MANDATORY chaperone meeting this coming Tuesday, January 20th at 6:00pm in the CHS Band Room. Chaperones, this is were you will get the details about your assignments and responsibilities, so it is imperative that you attend this meeting.
- Disney T-Shirts – We will begin distributing Disney t-shirts very soon, possible towards the middle to end of next week, just in time to get them packed and ready to go!
- Updated Itinerary; Re: Departure Time – This is a very important update! Since we are leaving on a regularly scheduled school day, we want to ensure that our departure does not cause any disruptions to the school buses that use the turn-around in front of the band room. So we are pushing our report time on Wednesday, Jan. 28th from 7:00am to 7:30am. Please, if at all possible, DO NOT REPORT EARLIER THAN 7:30AM. If you must drop your student(s) off prior to 7:30am, please utilize another location on campus so that can easily walk to the band room, like the horseshoe loop above the band room, which is accessible from Trojan Dr./Frances Pl. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding… trust us, no one wants to be “that guy” on a regular school day!
For your convenience, we re-posting the links to all of the 2015 Disney Trip forms below, which have been and are still accessible from the “Form” page of our website.
- 2015 Disney Itinerary Updated (1-19-15)
- Disney Packing List
- Disney Guidelines
- Disney Permission to Travel
These forms should answer about just any question you can think of, but if not, please contact the band room at: 770-834-0550 or email the boosters at: email@example.com
CHS Band Staff and CHS Band Boosters