As we all begin checking our last minute to-do lists for our trip to Disney World next week (1/28/15 thru 2/1/15), make sure to take a minute to download the FREE My Disney Experience mobile app. This app will help you get this most out of your time in the Disney parks by allowing you to:
Explore Walt Disney World on the interactive, GPS-enabled map.
Get wait times for attractions and showtimes for fireworks and parades.
Find Character greeting locations and times.
Browse restaurant menus and locations.
Keep reservations and activities organized in My Plans.
Share plans with others through Family & Friends.
Select and modify your FastPass+ experiences.
For more details about the My Disney Experience app, you can visit the following links:
We are going to have a great time! Who’s ready?
CHS Band Boosters
Well when we planned our Disney trip over ten months ago it seemed as if the departure date would never arrive, but here we are with just a little over a week to go before we hit the road to Walt Disney World! While at Disney we will represent our school and community to an international crowd of thousands and show them that what a “Gold Standard” school system and band program is all about, so we ask our community to keep us all in your thoughts and prayers for safe travel and a wonderful time.
As we make our final preparations for our trip there are some very important updates and reminders we wanted to share:
- Disney Chaperones – There will be a MANDATORY chaperone meeting this coming Tuesday, January 20th at 6:00pm in the CHS Band Room. Chaperones, this is were you will get the details about your assignments and responsibilities, so it is imperative that you attend this meeting.
- Disney T-Shirts – We will begin distributing Disney t-shirts very soon, possible towards the middle to end of next week, just in time to get them packed and ready to go!
- Updated Itinerary; Re: Departure Time – This is a very important update! Since we are leaving on a regularly scheduled school day, we want to ensure that our departure does not cause any disruptions to the school buses that use the turn-around in front of the band room. So we are pushing our report time on Wednesday, Jan. 28th from 7:00am to 7:30am. Please, if at all possible, DO NOT REPORT EARLIER THAN 7:30AM. If you must drop your student(s) off prior to 7:30am, please utilize another location on campus so that can easily walk to the band room, like the horseshoe loop above the band room, which is accessible from Trojan Dr./Frances Pl. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding… trust us, no one wants to be “that guy” on a regular school day!
For your convenience, we re-posting the links to all of the 2015 Disney Trip forms below, which have been and are still accessible from the “Form” page of our website.
These forms should answer about just any question you can think of, but if not, please contact the band room at: 770-834-0550 or email the boosters at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHS Band Staff and CHS Band Boosters
If you were unable to attend the Disney Trip Parent/Student Meeting tonight, 12/2/14, or if you just need a reminder, here are the details and action items.
- Disney Forms Released:
- Student Cell Phone Numbers Needed: As part of the logistics for the trip, we will need all students attending the trip to provide their cell phone numbers to Mrs. Dothard. We collected many tonight, but if you or your student did not provide their numbers tonight, please do so ASAP.
- Disney Trip Shirts: We announced at the meeting that everyone going on the trip as a student, staff or chaperone will be given a FREE gold, Disney Trip shirt to wear while we are at the Magic Kingdom, compliments of Grillo & Associates. Thank you so much to our corporate sponsor! We are also taking orders for those wishing to purchase an additional shirt(s) or for anyone else who wants one. Orders will be taken through Monday, January 5, 2015. To place an order, please download an order form from this link: Additioanl Disney Shirt Order Form Pricing and examples of the shirts available can be found on the order from. Orders forms and payments should be dropped off at the band room in a sealed, clearly marked envelope and deposited in the Band Booster box located on the wall behind Ms. Dothard’s desk. Make sure to include your completed order form and payment. Please make checks payable to Trojan Band Boosters. No orders will be accepted without payment. Please address any questions to: email@example.com
The other items that was handled at the meeting was voting on the proposed amendments to the Band Boosters bylaws. The amendments were read, discussed and adopted. The updated bylaws will be posted on the Band Booster page of the website by the end of this week. For more details about the amendments adopted tonight, you can review the original post from 11/21/2014 where they were released for review.