Trojan Band Itinerary
- Friday – 4th Block • Load Front Ensemble equipment
- Saturday –
- 1:30PM Band Room Open
- 2:30PM Report in Half Uniform/Black Band Shirts and Guard in Machine Show Uniforms
- 2:45PM Perform for the Football Send Off in front of the Field House
- 3:15PM Load Instrument Trailer
- 3:45PM Depart for GSU
- 4:45PM Arrive at GSU
- Dinner (working on securing a boxed meal – be on the look out for an order form)
- 5:15PM Enter Center Parc
- 5:30PM Eat dinner while watching the remainder of the game before us
- 6:30PM Warm-Up and get the crowd hyped for the game!
- 7:00PM Kick-Off!!!!
- 8:30PM Half-time
- 10:00PM Approx – End Time
- 11:30PM Approx – Arrive back at CHS ( Updates sent via Remind)
Here is yesterday’s post in case you missed it…
Wow, what a weekend! The game on Friday was an outstanding matchup between two very talented teams, and our Trojans emerged victoriously! Congratulations on a hard fought and well earned win Trojans! It was awesome to see the stands at Colquitt County packed out on both sides and hear our Trojan fans fired up for the entire game. That kind of atmosphere creates a special energy and sets the stage for a game that will be remembered for our lifetime. Let’s bring even more energy for our team this Saturday as they face off against Millcreek in the GHSA 7A Football Championship game at Georgia State University’s Parc Stadium (former Turner Field) on Saturday evening at 7:00PM.
I am so proud of all of our students! Traveling alongside our band caravan were our cheerleaders and student section spirit buses. All of the students did a fantastic job at each stop. They represented our community with dignity and integrity while exploring Bucee’s, eating in Tifton, performing at the game, and during our final restroom stop in Jackson. We are so blessed in Carrollton to have the best bus drivers around and they got us to Moultire and Home safely and efficiently! They had an incredibly long day and continued serving our community well into the morning as we arrived back at the school at 4:00AM. Then along with our band students, many of our bus drivers returned to haul us over to and from the Carrollton Christmas Parade on Saturday. If you get a minute, please thank our bus drivers for the tremendous love and support that they provide to our community. Did I mention we had a Christmas parade?! Yes, our band students and parent volunteers joyfully showed back up at 4:00PM to prepare and perform in the Carrollton Christmas parade. The crowd was fantastic and we had a great time spreading cheer throughout our community. It was great to see the Central and Mt. Zion High School band there as well. It was a fantastic parade and we are thankful to Carrollton Main Street for organizing such a wonderful event and allowing us to perform. After the parade, our band parents hosted a Christmas Party to celebrate our students and Santa Claus made an appearance. We even had the opportunity to finish watching the SEC Championship game together before for fun fellowship in stadium to close out the evening. It was a very long, but incredibly fun and rewarding weekend! One more very busy and exciting week, before we have the final week before Christmas break. Trojans, HEY! Let’s GOOO!!!
Week at a Glance:
- Tuesday: Winter Guard • JV 4:00pm – 6:30pm (CHS Cafeteria)
- Varsity 5:30pm – 8:30pm (Band Room)
- Leadership wrapping gifts 4:00pm – done (in band room lobby)
- Wednesday: Winds and Percussion Dress Rehearsal on Stage with the Choir • 3:30pm – 6:00pm (MAC)
- Thursday: Winter Guard • JV 4:15pm – 6:30pm (CHS Cafeteria)
- Varsity 5:30pm – 8:30pm (Band Room)
- Band & Chorus Christmas Concert • 7:00pm (MAC)
- Friday: Jazz Band Performance at Kiwanis • 12:00pm • Z6 Dining Hall at UWG
- Saturday: District Honor Band Auditions • East Paulding High School • 9:00AM
- 9:00AM – 11:00AM Check-in, warm-up, and audition – GOOD LUCK!!!
- I am not sure of our report time for the game yet, but you will have time to audition, eat lunch, and report.
- State Championship Game • 7:00pm • GSU Center Parc Stadium
- We are finalizing the itinerary tomorrow. More details will be posted by the end of the day, Monday.
Did you forget to bring in the item that you sponsored? We are wrapping the gifts as a leadership team this Tuesday. Please bring it before then and it can be included.
Thank you to everyone who helped us sponsor gifts for these 2 families. When reflecting on the commitment, dedication, work ethic, love, inclusivity, compassion, and generosity displayed by our band students there is no doubt where they learn this admirable attributes. Thank you for showing kindness, love, and support of members of our community who are in need. This will undoubtedly will be a Christmas that they never forget. You make a difference and we are thankful for you.
Wednesday 3:30PM – 6:00PM • MAC • Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, and Concert Band students.
Concert • Thursday at 7:00PM • Free Admission
Attire: Black pants with a Holiday themed sweater.
Report time: On stage at 6:30PM
We are excited about collaborating with our Chorus to present a festive concert for all of our families and friends. We will have paper copies of the program available, but you can also access the digital copy (which has more pages and info in it) here
Download a program. The concert is free and open to the public. We look forward to celebrating with you!!
District Honor Band Auditions
Auditions are this Saturday at East Paulding High School • 3320 E Paulding Dr, Dallas, GA 30157
Our students should audition between 9:00AM and 11:00AM. Students will check-in upon arrival to receive their judges sheet, warm-up in the cafeteria, and then report to their audition location. Auditions will be heard on a first come, first served basis. Please remember to only do a sensible warm-up and not get caught up in what other students are doing. No notes played in the warm-up room count towards your audition. Double check that everything is working and then go perform you best!
Mr. Carr and Mr. Nelson are both working the auditions and have to be there before 8:00AM. Because of this, we will not have a bus for students to travel to auditions. This frees up parents and students a little bit to allow some flexibility in the audition time and provide opportunities for families to grab lunch between the audition and reporting for the championship game.
Right now, although it is not finalized, I anticipate the report time for our game to be after 12:00PM. If something changes when finalizing tomorrow, then we will find a way to make it work with still allowing students to audition. Students can arrive for District Honor Band Auditions as early as 8:30AM for registration, and can audition as early as 9:00AM.
Good luck!! You’ve been preparing all semester. Now is your time to shine!!
State Championship Details
Although the itinerary will be finalized and then posted tomorrow, I thought these details are also helpful to plan for Saturday’s game. GHSA Website.
Order your tickets
Game tickets – Go FAN • $20/each
Parking Pass – Ticketmaster • $25/each
Clear Bag Policy
Did you forget to sign-up for the trip?
Visit the link at the top of the page or click here for more information. We are still accepting sign-ups. The first deposit was due by November 25, 2022 to join the trip, but it isn’t too late! Please sign-up this week.
Amazon • 2 Ways to Help • Snacks Needed
THANK YOU so much to our parents and friends who have ordered items from our Amazon Wishlist! Your generosity makes a difference and we are very appreciative. THANK YOU!!!!
Mark Your Calendars
The following events we need all hands on deck and are requesting your involvement.
This is not an exhaustive list. Refer to our calendar online for the most up to date information regarding events and times.
- 7 • Full Band Dress Rehearsal with Chorus 3:30pm – 6:00pm • MAC
- 8 • Holiday Concert • 7:00pm • MAC
- 10 • District Honor Band Auditions • East Paulding High School
- Class 7A Football Championship Game • 7:00pm • Georgia State University Center Parc Stadium • Volunteer Here
- 16 • Final day before the break
- 3 • Students return to school
- 12 – 13 • Final Exams
- 16 • MLK Parade • No School
- 17 • Start of 2nd Semester
Categories: CHS Band