Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Varsity WG • 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Tuesday • WG Exhibition at Central HS • 6:30pm • $5 Entry Fee
- Performances begin at 7:00pm
- Thursday • Percussion Ensemble Rehearsal, 3:45 – 5:00
- Varsity WG • 5:30pm – 8:30pm
- Friday • Junior WG • 5:30pm – 7:30pm
- Winter Guard Rehearsal and Lock-In Before Championships
- Saturday • SAPA Championships at UTC Chattanooga
Thank you to all of the fabulous parents who made Band Prom possible! Because of you, our students had an evening to enjoy one another while dancing to tunes played by a DJ, playing Just Dance or Guitar Hero in the back room, eat cotton candy, popcorn, and snow cones in addition to the wonderful Cinco de Mayo themed nachos, candy, and sweets. It was a fun evening!
The table decoration contest had some wonderful entries. Honorable mention goes to the baritones who featured a cactus ring toss game and a miniature piñata, but the trumpets inched out the competition with their table that featured multiple colored tablecloths to represent the Mexican flag, two piñatas that were filled with candy and later used as a main attraction for the evening, and glow sticks. The trumpets will be rewarded with a Chick-fil-a biscuit for breakfast in the near future.
Band BBQ • Starts tomorrow!
Packets will be passed out to all students tomorrow. The BBQ will be held on our usual first Thursday of May, the 5th, at Grisham Stadium on the visitor’s side concession area between the hours of 11am and 6:45pm.
This major fundraiser is held by the Band program each year, with the money raised being used to operate the Band Boosters (provide services to students, the band, and more). As many of you know, this event is a tradition in the Carrollton area and one that many in the community look forward to each year. Please help guarantee its success by selling your allotment of tickets to your family, friends, and coworkers. In addition to the regular BBQ tickets, we have included Double sandwich meal tickets (5), and tickets to our BBQ-day Raffle! Ticket prices are as follows: Single BBQ – $10.00, Double BBQ – $15.00, Single Raffle Ticket – $5.00. If you need more, call the Band office (770-834-0550), and more will be made available to you! We also ask that you fill out the included log sheet accurately so that we can properly plan for the right number of supplies – this is a very important help to us! Remember, if you are selling to a local business or group of 20 or more, the boosters will provide delivery! It’s a great selling point! Please obtain contact information to provide to the boosters and list it with any promised delivery groups at turn in.
PACKET TURN IN NIGHT
Friday, April 29 from 3:00 pm until 5:00pm (immediately after school) in the Band Room. All money, checks, and any unsold tickets should be returned at that time.
Please plan to join us to help on Thursday, May 5, BBQ Day! Help is needed from 7:30am for set-up, until final clean-up around 8:00 pm. There is a place and time for you to help! We need you! Click here to sign up to volunteer as soon as you can – we will be starting planning meetings very soon. It’s work, but it is a great day filled with fellowship, and lots of fun with each other and the students.
An alternative to selling tickets would be a monetary donation towards the program’s continued success. If you do choose not to sell and make a donation instead, please return your packets so that we can make your tickets available for others who wish to sell more. It takes the contributions of each one of us to support and maintain any successful band program and especially the Legacy of the CHS Trojan Band. Each family, putting forth their best effort, allows each student in our band program to be successful. As you know, our band fees are less than most schools, this is because of the strong fundraising efforts of the Band Boosters and our students.
Carroll County Winter Guard Exhibition
Tuesday March 29th, 2022
- Doors open at 6:30PM (show starts at 7:00PM) still waiting on a itinerary.
- Cost: $5.00 at the door
- Hosted in Central Carroll HS’s “New” Gym
- Saturday, April 2nd, 2022 • Itinerary to be announced to students on Monday
- CHS performs at 12:03PM
- CJHS performs at 7:26PM
- Hosted in the McKenzie Arena(Chattanooga, TN)
Jazz Performance Evaluations • DATE UPDATE
We had the wrong date for Jazz Performance Evaluations. The date changed earlier in the year, but we missed fixing it on our calendar. Thankfully, Ms. Wilson discovered our mishap and we now have the current date on the calendar. Jazz Performance Evaluations will be at Cartersville HS on April 19. A more detailed itinerary will be released later, but we will need help feeding the students, and could use some help pulling the trailer if you are available to assist that day.
- April 19, 2022
- 1st Block Jazz Band performs at 12:00PM
- CB Jaz z performs at 1:15pm
- Symphonic Jazz Orchestra performs at 2:15pm
Band Auditions • April 14, 2022
Band auditions are approaching soon after Spring Break. Access the etudes here: students should be practicing scales and sight-reading. Sightreadingfactory.com is a great resource to practice this important skill.
Drum Line Auditions
- April 11 – 12: 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- April 13 3:45pm – 5:30pm
- April 14 – students will participate in “Band Auditions” for class placement
- April 18-19 3:45pm – 6:15pm
2022-2023 Trojan Guard Audition
April 18th-20th, 3:45PM- 7:00PM
- Attire (Black t-shirt, black athletic shorts, and running shoes)
- Google Form Signup Link: forms.gle/DdrTW4WECMvPPR1CA
This is a great opportunity for students who enjoy dancing and choreography to join our team! If you know of someone who has a great attitude and wants to get involved please let them know about this opportunity. Interested students should attend all 3 dates and wear athletic clothing and shoes.
Northwest Georgia Percussion Ensemble Festival
The Carrollton High School Percussion Studio will participate in a percussion festival on April 30th at Dalton High School. Similar to LGPE, percussion ensembles from various schools will perform for a panel of judges and receive feedback on their performance. This is a great opportunity to help create and mold our students into well-rounded percussionists, as is the intended purpose of this unique ensemble.
In preparation for this festival, we will need to use time outside of regular class hours to ensure that our repertoire represents our band program well and that it exceeds the standard. Rehearsals are scheduled on Thursday from 3:45PM – 5:00PM.
Please refer to the calendar, as days/times are altered in the month of April. More information will be provided in the weeks to come.
Senior Spotlight – Need your help
We would like to continue our Senior Spotlights tradition that was started last year. Seniors or senior parents, click here to fill out this form to allow us to customize your senior spotlight. Filling out the form allows us to celebrate our senior’s future plans and share photos of them from throughout their school careers.
Just a reminder that Graduation this year is on May 20, 2022 although our last day of school is not until May 25. This is an important evening for all of our band students because not only do we get to celebrate with our graduating seniors, but we perform as part of the ceremony. This is a required performance for all wind and percussion students. An itinerary will be posted as we get closer to graduation, but I wanted to make sure that you understood that this is an evening commitment for our band students.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Please refer to http://www.chstrojanband.com/calendar for a full list of upcoming events/activities:
- 3.29.22 Carroll County WG Exhibition at Central • 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- 4.2.22 – 4.3.22 Winter Guard SAPA Championships
- 4.4.22 – 4.8.22 SPRING BREAK
- 4.16 Sunbelt Jazz Festival at UWG
- 4.11, 12, 13 Drum Line Auditions
- 4.12, 14, 15 Colorguard Training Camp
- 4.18, 19, 20 Colorguard Auditions
- 4.18, 19 Drum Line Auditions
- 4.19 Jazz Performance Evaluations at Carterville HS
- 4.19 Wind Ensemble after school Rehearsal with Julie Giroux
- 4.21 Honors Night
- 4.23 Prom
- 4.25 Band Banquet
- 4.28 2022 Marching Band Meeting
- 4.30 North West Ga Percussion Ensemble Festival
- 5.5 Band BBQ
- 5.17 Spring Concert
- 5.20 Graduation • Band Performs
- 5.24 Exams – early release
- 5.25 Exams – early release • Last day of School
- 6.3 CHS Scramble Band Golf Tournament
- 6. 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23 Guard Summer Practices
- 6. 9, 16, 23, 30 Percussion Summer Practices
- 6.27 Annual Guard BBQ
- 7.1 4th of July Parade Practice
- 7.4 4th of July Parade
- 7.18 – 22 Band Camp Week 1 (8:00am – 5:00pm)
- 7.25 – 29 Band Camp Week 2 (8:00am – 9:00pm)
Categories: CHS Band