We hope that all of our families had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. We have about a month left before we get to take some more time to be with loved ones and rejuvenate before the second semester. We are so thankful for our band families and look forward to celebrating one another a little bit this month!
Our Trojans won the game versus Westlake last Friday in a very close ball game and will face off against Buford in the semi-final game on Friday.
Week at a Glance:
- Monday • Disney Trip Payment #6 is Due $150 • Pay Here
- Varsity WG 5:30pm – 8:30pm in the Band Room
- Tuesday • Winter Guard (WG) Payment #1 is Due $175 • Pay Here
- Junior WG 5:30pm – 7:30pm in the Band Room
- Varsity and Junior WG 5:30pm – 8:30pm in the Band Room
- Friday • Away vs. Buford • Buy Tickets Here • Volunteer for the Game
- 3:20PM Load
- 4:00PM In Uniform
- 4:15PM Depart for Buford (Bring a light snack)
- 6:15PM Arrive at Buford – Dinner provided by boosters upon arrival
- 7:30PM Kick-off
- 12:30AM Approx arrival back at CHS
- Saturday • Carrollton Christmas Parade • Volunteer for the Parade
- 3:30PM Load and get in uniform
- 4:00PM Depart for Downtown Carrollton
- 5:00PM Parade Steps off
- 6:00PM Return to CHS
- 7:00PM Christmas Party Starts • Volunteer for the Party
- 10:00PM Christmas Party Ends
We are sponsoring 2 families for Christmas this year and would like you to participate if you want to help. Participation is completely optional. All volunteers are greatly appreciated but please do not feel pressured to participate. The families that we were assigned have a total of 6 children. To participate, please click here and list your name beside the gift that you will purchase. After you purchase the gift, please label it with the child’s name (these are not the child’s real name, but it will help us keep the gifts organized) and bring it to the band room, unwrapped by December 4, the day of the parade and Christmas Party.
The following names were created to help us keep everything organized, but the age and genders are correct:
- Family 1
- Khyree: 8 Year Old Boy
- Emma: 12 Year Old Girl
- Rhett: 15 Year Old Boy
- Grayson: 16 Year Old Boy
- Family 2
- Samuel: 11 Year Old Boy
- Molly: 12 Year Old Girl
Following the Carrollton Christmas Parade our booster club is hosting a party for our Trojan Band members to celebrate our incredible year! We are asking for volunteers to help us make this a success. There will be good food to eat as well as fun fellowship planned. Come on out to create an ornament, take a photo with Santa, and beat Mr. Carr at guitar hero. The party will last from 7:00PM – 10:00PM. We hope to see you there!
We have been invited to perform in the Chick-fil-a Bowl on December 30, 2021. As performers we will receive special entertainer passes, but not tickets to the game. This is a great experience for our band program and an exciting opportunity for our students to perform in a professional arena, the Mercedes Benz Dome downtown! Understanding that the event occurs during the holiday season when many families may be traveling, I need you to please fill out this form so that I know how many students to submit for our special entertainer passes. The form is very short, please fill it out now.
About Entertainer Passes:
The Peach Bowl team has agreed to give us special Entertainers Passes into the stadium for performing students, Director, and Immediate Staff.
These special passes require learning the music and color-guard routines, plus attendance at our mass band rehearsal, Details to be forthcoming.
- We will perform in the parade that morning and participate in the Mass Band Presentation prior to Kick-off of the Peach Bowl on December 30, 2021.
- This would include playing the National Anthem.
- These passes will also include access to Fanfest, prior to the performances.
- Again, these passes DO NOT include tickets to the game – details on how to purchase tickets are below.
How to purchase Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Tickets:
Family of performing band students can purchase tickets directly with a credit card through November 15th for only $139.00. This is considerably cheaper than the going price online. Once purchased, however, these tickets cannot be refunded or resold.
Click on this link to purchase tickets: https://www.box5events.com/cfpb-ticket/
- The tickets are available for your entire group or any students, family, and friends.
- We will bundle the tickets by school group, so your band family can sit together.
- Tickets can be purchased directly through Box 5 Events on an individual or group basis.
- Ticket Purchase is not required for the pregame performance, but is required for family members who would like to spectate that performance.
Once the performances are over, we will exit to the buses. Although we will not be staying for the game as a band, if parents would like to purchase tickets and check out their child to attend the game, you can do so.
Music for Band Members
Choreography for Guard Members
Students have recently been fitted for our concert attire. This is attire that we will begin wearing with our first concert next semester on March 1. If you ordered a Tuxedo the cost is $230.00, and if you ordered a Dress the cost is $115.00. Please pay Ms. Dothard at your earliest convenience.
Our next concert is on December 13, which is a holiday concert. It is a tradition for us to wear holiday sweaters at this concert, and the students have already been inquiring if we will continue our tradition. Students are welcome to dress festively for this concert as we present a light-hearted concert for our community that is fun for the entire family.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 12.3 Semi Final Playoff vs. Buford
- 12.4 Carrollton Christmas Parade • Report 3:30PM • Parade steps off at 5:00PM
- 12.7 American Pie Spirit Night
- 12.10 State Championship*
- 12.11 District Honor Band @ East Paulding HS
- 12.13 Christmas Concert
- 12.16 Moe’s Spirit Night
- 12.16-17 Exam Days • Early Release
- 12.20 Start of Christmas Break
- 12.30 Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl
- 1.5 1st Day of 2nd Semester
Categories: CHS Band