Great job at the game on Friday vs. Alcovy! We are so proud of how you handled the evening although we had a hurried dinner because we hit a good bit of traffic on the way to the game and had a late start. 30 minutes for dinner is not what we ever plan to provide for you, but you were flexible and made it happen. Even with a shortened dinner we missed the 1st quarter, but we woke up our Trojans once we got in the stands. It was a great evening cheering our team on to another victory! Since we won the coin flip, we have the honor of hosting Westlake this Friday in Grisham Stadium. We hope that all of our families have a wonderful week off with family and enjoy each other on Thanksgiving. We are so thankful for the many different families that make up our amazing band program. We love you and look forward to seeing you on Friday! Go Trojans!
Week at a Glance:
- Monday – Friday • No School – Happy Thanksgiving Break!
- Friday • Home vs. Westlake • Order Concessions Here (Due by Monday) • Volunteer Here
- 5:45PM – 6:15PM Pay for Concessions
- 6:15PM In Uniform
- 6:40PM Depart for AMP
- Approx 11:00PM Game ends
Students have recently been fitted for our concert attire. This is attire that we will begin wearing with our first concert next semester on March 1. If you ordered a Tuxedo the cost is $230.00, and if you ordered a Dress the cost is $115.00. Please pay Ms. Dothard at your earliest convenience.
Our next concert is on December 13, which is a holiday concert. It is a tradition for us to wear holiday sweaters at this concert, and the students have already been inquiring if we will continue our tradition. Students are welcome to dress festively for this concert as we present a light-hearted concert for our community that is fun for the entire family.
We are sponsoring 2 families for Christmas this year and would like you to participate if you want to help. Participation is completely optional. All volunteers are greatly appreciated but please do not feel pressured to participate. The families that we were assigned have a total of 6 children. To participate, please click here and list your name beside the gift that you will purchase. After you purchase the gift, please label it with the child’s name (these are not the child’s real name, but it will help us keep the gifts organized) and bring it to the band room, unwrapped by December 4, the day of the parade and Christmas Party.
The following names were created to help us keep everything organized, but the age and genders are correct:
- Family 1
- Khyree: 8 Year Old Boy
- Emma: 12 Year Old Girl
- Rhett: 15 Year Old Boy
- Grayson: 16 Year Old Boy
- Family 2
- Samuel: 11 Year Old Boy
- Molly: 12 Year Old Girl
Help us sponsor Christmas by clicking here.
We have been invited to perform in the Chick-fil-a Bowl on December 30, 2021. As performers we will receive special entertainer passes, but not tickets to the game. This is a great experience for our band program and an exciting opportunity for our students to perform in a professional arena, the Mercedes Benz Dome downtown! Understanding that the event occurs during the holiday season when many families may be traveling, I need you to please fill out this form so that I know how many students to submit for our special entertainer passes. The form is very short, please fill it out now.
About Entertainer Passes:
The Peach Bowl team has agreed to give us special Entertainers Passes into the stadium for performing students, Director, and Immediate Staff.
These special passes require learning the music and color-guard routines, plus attendance at our mass band rehearsal, Details to be forthcoming.
- We will perform in the parade that morning and participate in the Mass Band Presentation prior to Kick-off of the Peach Bowl on December 30, 2021.
- This would include playing the National Anthem.
- These passes will also include access to Fanfest, prior to the performances.
- Again, these passes DO NOT include tickets to the game – details on how to purchase tickets are below.
How to purchase Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Tickets:
Family of performing band students can purchase tickets directly with a credit card. The availability of these tickets were only guaranteed until November 15th for only $139.00, but there are still some available. This is considerably cheaper than the going price online. Once purchased, however, these tickets cannot be refunded or resold.
Click on this link to purchase tickets: https://www.box5events.com/cfpb-ticket/
- The tickets are available for your entire group or any students, family, and friends.
- We will bundle the tickets by school group, so your band family can sit together.
- Tickets can be purchased directly through Box 5 Events on an individual or group basis.
- Ticket Purchase is not required for the pregame performance, but is required for family members who would like to spectate that performance.
Once the performances are over, we will exit to the buses. Although we will not be staying for the game as a band, if parents would like to purchase tickets and check out their child to attend the game, you can do so.
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- 11.26 Playoff Game 3*
- 12.3 Semi Final Playoff*
- 12.4 Carrollton Christmas Parade • Report at 3:30PM • Christmas Party to follow 7PM – 10PM
- 12.10 State Championship*
- 12.11 District Honor Band @ East Paulding HS
- 12.13 Christmas Concert
- 12.16-17 Exam Days • Early Release
- 12.20 Start of Christmas Break
- 12.30 Chick-fil-a Peach Bowl
- 1.5 1st Day of 2nd Semester
Categories: CHS Band