Band Day Fun and Successful
We had 85 students travel to Jacksonville State University to participate in JSU Band Day on Saturday. After stopping for lunch the students had sectionals with Marching Southerner Leadership, a massed band rehearsal with around 2100 performers, a close victory by JSU Football, and a breathtaking performance by the Marching Southerners to end the day. Although the weather was a little dreary at first, it turned out to be no problem.! The students have already expressed an interest in returning next year! Thank you to JSU and the Marching Southerners for making this possible for our students. Here is a video of their haf-time performance: https://youtu.be/tyYAZS2cmMY
Week at a Glance:
- Monday: Full Band 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Tuesday: Full Band 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Thursday: Full Band 6:00PM – 9:00PM
- Friday: Away vs. Rome – no meal sign up this week
- 3:30PM Report to the Band Room and Load Equipment
- 4:15PM Dinner in the band room
- 5:00PM Uniform Check
- 5:15PM Depart for Rome
- 6:30PM Arrive at Rome
- 12:00AM Arrive back at CHS (Updates will be sent via Remind)
Want to ride the bus with us?
We are currently seeking chaperones for the away game trips (games and contests). We will need 2 chaperones per bus for a total of 12 chaperones. If you are available to ride the bus with us please email Ms. Dothard at email@example.com. Masks are required of all bus riders – parents and students.
Legacy of Champions
On October 9, 2021 we will host our annual marching band competition, the Legacy of Champions (LoC). We need all parents and students to participate in this event, which is why we added it to the calendar last October and keep it on the 2nd Saturday in October whenever possible.
Volunteer opportunities in each area include all-day, and 1st or 2nd shift, with shifts being approx 5-6 hours and all day is 10-12 hours. We will not know the exact start/stop times of the event or shifts until band registration closes two weeks prior to the event. Full-timing details will then be communicated directly with each volunteer area, specific to your duties.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS SIGN UP BELOW
- LOC Food Item Donations Needed – Sign-up here Some items needed for the hospitality suites include: Brownies, chips, cookies, etc.
- LOC Concessions Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Fryers, Grillers, General concessions help prepping food, customer service, sales, etc.
- LOC Hospitality Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: General hospitality duties: preparing, staging, warming, serving food, decorating, cleaning, etc.
- LOC Volunteers (General) – E-mail Us Here Some duties include: No preference, willing to do whatever needs to be done, duties as assigned, etc.
- LOC Volunteers (Set up / Clean up) Sign up here Some duties include: General set up Friday 10/08/21: 10:00pm-12:00am & General Clean up Saturday 10/09/21: 10:00pm-12:00am – Those that volunteer for these shifts are excused from other duties/responsibilities during the event!
- LOC Logistics Volunteers
- (Equipment & Traffic) – Sign-up here Some duties include: Traffic control, equipment handlers/haulers, etc.
- LOC Logistics Volunteers (Parking) Sign up here Some duties include: Parking attendants, bus/truck/equipment parking, etc.
- LOC Equipment to Lend – Sign-up here Some items needed include: ATVs, golf carts, equipment trailers, etc.
- LOC Admission Gates & Press Box Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Judges assistant, gate attendants, ticket booth, trophy assistants, etc.
- LOC Registration Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Band check-in, registration, etc.
- LOC Vendors Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Photographers, Booster/event sales (spirit pops, shout-outs, snacks, etc.), fried Oreo stand, etc.
- LOC Financial Volunteers – Sign-up here Some duties include: Managing financial aspects of the event
Disney Trip – Limited Spaces Are Available
Reminder! The September trip payment is due Monday, September 27th. This payment is $150.00. If you are behind on payments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to work out a payment arrangement.
Did you forget to sign-up for the Disney Trip? We are still allowing people to sign up for the trip. Right now there are still a very limited number of seats available. Please visit our Disney Trip page for more information on how to register. If you have any questions, please reach out to Mr. Carr at email@example.com.
Starting Soon: All in 1 Sale
Our booster club traditionally only holds two selling fundraisers a year, the All-In-One Sale in the fall and the Band BBQ in the spring. As a result of the hard work of our parents we are able to provide things for our outstanding band students that would otherwise not be possible. Additionally, these sales help us keep our band fees low. The more fruit and meat that we sell this fall, the more we are able to provide for our band. To accomplish these goals, we need each band family to either sell 30 units of fruit and/or meat or make a $150 donation to the band.
More information on the All-In-One will be coming out soon. We will again have Grapefruit, Hamlin Oranges, Navel Oranges, Mandarins, Mixed Fruit, Spiral Honey Glazed Ham, Whole Cajun Turkey, Smoked Turkey Breast, Pork Sausage Patties and Peppered Bacon for sale. Our community is very supportive of the All-In-One sale – they are just waiting for us to ask them to buy!
Thank you for your participation in this sale and your support of all our children in the band program! Thank you for being ALL IN for the All-in-one Sale.
Health Class • Due by end of Fall Break
More info about the health class can be found by using the link above or following this link: https://chstrojanband.com/health-in-band/
Parents: the due date for the health class assignments was by the first week of school, but I am happy to allow the students to have extra time without penalty. If your child has not completed the eADAP course, they are officially behind and next to get busy. In addition to the eADAP course, they have 9 Units to complete in order to earn health/PE credit through participation in Marching Band. Please make sure this is 100% completed by the end of Fall Break (October 18).
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- Regular rehearsal schedule
- Mondays 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesdays 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Thursdays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Friday (Football Games)
- 9.20 All In One Sale Begins
- 9.24 Away vs. Rome
- 10.1 Home vs. SPHS
- 10.2 1st Competition at Northgate HS
- 10.8 Away vs. PCHS
- 10.9 LoC
- 10.11 – 10.15 No School – Fall Break
- 10.17 Health Class is DUE
- 10.19 County Exhibition
- 10. 22 Home vs. East Paulding * 8th Grade Night
- 10.23 Final Competition at Cass HS
- 10.29 Away vs. Alexander
Categories: CHS Band