Wow! Great work!
Yesterday’s rehearsal has set us up to continue having an amazing season. Your determination and willingness to tackle smaller details made the rehearsal productive. Witnessing the energy that you provided for our run throughs earned well deserved ovations from our parents. I can’t wait to see the reaction on Friday nights!!
Week at a Glance:
- Monday: Full Band 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- Tuesday: Full Band 3:45PM – 6:15PM
- *Spirit Night at American Pie 5:00PM – 9:00PM*
- Thursday: Full Band 6:00PM – 9:00PM
- Friday: Away vs. Dalton • Order Dinner (Due by Tuesday at 3:15pm)
- 3:20 PM Report after school
- 3:50 PM Uniform Check
- 4:15 PM Depart for Dalton
- 6:15 PM Arrive at Dalton – eat dinner/unload (Did you Order Dinner?)
- 7:00 PM Enter the game
- 12:00 AM Arrive back at CHS (Updates will be sent via Remind)
- Saturday: JSU Band Day • Itinerary below
We will be serving Chick-fil-A Friday when we arrive at Dalton High School. Please click here to pick your choice of items. This form must be completed no later than Tuesday afternoon. Please remind your section to complete this form.
We are currently seeking chaperones for the away game trips (games and contests). We will need 2 chaperones per bus for a total of 12 chaperones. If you are available to ride the bus with us please email Ms. Dothard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Masks are required of all bus riders – parents and students.
Spirit Night – Tuesday, Sep 14 • American Pie
Spirit night at American Pie will be September 14th from 5:00pm -9:00pm! Come over, have some great food, get your CHS Band Merch, and support the Band. Every time we have a spirit night it helps raise money for just eating dinner so thank you for your amazing support!
We need students to help pass out slips as customers enter and ask for our leadership to please assist with this after rehearsal is over.
JSU Band Day • This Saturday
This Saturday is JSU Band Day. JSU just beat FSU so this should be a great game! All participating students need to print out their music from https://www.marchingsoutherners.org/bandday/.
Students will need money for lunch and dinner (approximately $30). There is a Chick Fil A, Cookout, and Jack’s in close proximity to one another in Jacksonville and we plan on stopping there for lunch.
- 10:30AM EST: Depart CHS
- 11:00AM CST: Lunch in Jacksonville (approx. $10)
- 12:30PM CST: Check In at JSU
- 1:00-2:00PM CST: Music sectionals with JSU section leaders
- 2:00-3:00PM CST: Massed Band Rehearsal in JSU Stadium
- 5:00PM CST: Seated on the Visitors Side for the game
- 5:30PM CST: Pre-Game begins
- 6:00PM CST: Kick-off (Go Gamecocks and Blow Southerners!)
- Bring money for concessions for dinner (approx. $20)
- 9:00PM CST: Depart for CHS
- Approx. 11:00PM CST: Arrive back at CHS – Updates will be sent via Remind
Students should wear their show shirts to band day. If it is chilly, please wear your Carrollton band jacket as well.
Disney Trip – Limited Spaces Are Available
Reminder! The September trip payment is due Monday, September 27th. This payment is $150.00. If you are behind on payments, please contact email@example.com to work out a payment arrangement.
Did you forget to sign-up for the Disney Trip? We are still allowing people to sign up for the trip. Right now there are still a very limited number of seats available. Please visit our Disney Trip page for more information on how to register. If you have any questions, please reach out to Mr. Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health Class • Complete by 10/18
More info about the health class can be found by using the link above or following this link: https://chstrojanband.com/health-in-band/
Parents: the due date for the health class assignments was by the first week of school, but I am happy to allow the students to have extra time without penalty. If your child has not completed the eADAP course, they are officially behind and next to get busy. In addition to the eADAP course, they have 9 Units to complete in order to earn health/PE credit through participation in Marching Band. Please make sure this is 100% completed by the end of Fall Break (October 18).
Below is a list of some upcoming events, please refer to our calendar on chstrojanband.com for a more complete overview of our upcoming rehearsals and events.
- Regular rehearsal schedule
- Mondays 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesdays 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Thursdays 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Friday (Football Games)
- 9.14 Spirit Night at American Pie from 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- 9.17 Away vs. Dalton
- 9.18 JSU Band Day
- 9.20 All In One Sale Begins
- 9.24 Away vs. Rome
- 10.1 Home vs. SPHS
- 10.2 1st Competition at Northgate HS
- 10.8 Away vs. PCHS
- 10.9 LoC
- 10.11 – 10.15 No School – Fall Break
- 10.17 Health Class is DUE
- 10.19 County Exhibition
- 10. 22 Home vs. East Paulding * 8th Grade Night
- 10.23 Final Competition at Cass HS
- 10.29 Away vs. Alexander
Categories: CHS Band