8th Grade Night, WHAT FUN!
Last Friday night was so much fun! We really enjoyed hosting our future Trojan Band members and although it was difficult to remain dry the students made it a wonderful night! They cheered with enthusiasm and spirit as we out scored Rome and the rain stopped just long enough for our half-time performance! It was a wonderful performance and we look forward to getting back to work after the break to make the next one even better! Thank you to all of the parents who volunteered to make 8th Grade Night so successful! It truly takes a village and we appreciate you all pitching in to keep everything running so smoothly.
Week at a Glance
- Monday – Wednesday FALL BREAK
- Thursday – Welcome Back to School! (Don’t forget your mask)
- Guard in the SAC 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Friday – All in 1 Sale Forms Due
All in One Turn In
All in 1 orders are due tomorrow. Thank you SO much for your efforts for the fundraiser this year. We will be in the band room tomorrow from 3:30 – 5:30 accepting order forms and money from the fundraiser. We will also accept forms during class, but it is better to hand the forms directly to our booster parents, who will be tallying money, etc. and communication is easier if you are available to bring the forms between 3:30 and 5:30.
Homecoming and Contest Next Week
We will return to our normal schedule for next week and celebrate Homecoming. Also at the end of next week is our first competition performance on October 24 at Strong Rock Christian School in Locust Grove. We will be performing as an exhibition band and look forward to showcasing our hard work thus far this season! We plan on attending earlier in the day to allow the students to see other bands, since this is something that we typically do not get the opportunity to do.
Tentative Itinerary: subject to change
- 11:00AM Report for warm-up rehearsal
- 1:30PM Load Instruments and suit up
- 2:30PM Depart for Dinner in Locust Grove (will be CFA served at a local park)
- 4:00PM ETA for dinner in Locust Grove
- 5:00PM Depart Dinner for SRCS
- 5:20PM ETA at SRCS
- 5:45PM Watch Bands (you will need your mask for this)
- Guard will do makeup and put on uniforms by 7:30PM
- Band will visit the buses for uniform coats (travel in partial uniform) and put up any extra jackets before getting equipment
- 7:30PM Grab equipment and head to warm-up
- 8:00PM Warm-Up
- 9:00PM Performance
- 9:30PM Load Equipment and buses
- 10:00PM Depart for CHS
- 11:15PM ETA at CHS
Upcoming Dates To Look For
- October 22 – Another parent preview evening where we will do a full run of the show for our parents beginning at 8:30PM. We may actually perform the show 2 times? This is the night before the Homecoming game versus Paulding County and the final rehearsal before our first “competition.” Mr. Carr has reached out to Strong Rock Christian who hosts a competition for A and AA bands and asked if we could perform as the exhibition band that evening. Details are pending, but this would be an exciting opportunity for our students to show off the hard work they have done since July for a very appreciative audience.
- October 24 – Exhibition at Strong Rock Christian Academy’s Band Competition
- JUST ADDED October 27 – COUNTY EXHIBITION at Central
- October 30 – Right now this is an “open” date on our calendar, but our football team is actively looking for an opponent to play. If the game is home, the band will participate. Please stay tuned for more details and do your best to not make plans for October 30.
- November 7 – Superbowl of Sound at Central
- November 7 – Super Bowl of Sound at Central HS. Please plan a full day for the band competition at Central – more details will be released as we get closer.
County Exhibition • October 27
Yes, we are participating in the exhibition and more details have just been released. Thank you for your patience as the details were just finalized this week. Below is some very important information concerning the exhibition this year:
We will not perform the National Anthem as a massed band this year, Central will perform it at 6:30. Below is the performance schedule:
- 6:30 PM National Anthem – Central HS Band
- 6:35 PM Recognition of Principals, Booster Presidents and Board of Education Members
- 6:45 PM Bowdon H. S.* (warm up when you arrive)
- 7:05 PM Mt. Zion H.S.* (warm up begins at 6:55 or earlier)
- 7:25 PM Temple H. S.* (warm up begins at 7:15 or earlier)
- 7:50 PM Villa Rica H. S.* (warm up begins at 7:35 or earlier)
- 8:20 PM Carrollton H. S.* (warm up begins at 8:00 or earlier)
- 8:50 PM Central-Carroll H.S.* (warm up begins at 8:30 or earlier)
ADMISSION AND TICKET SALES – NEW SYSTEM USED THIS YEAR!
Admission price: $7.00 ($1 processing fee per ticket goes to GoFan)
ALL TICKET SALES THIS YEAR WILL BE DONE THROUGH GOFAN. WE WILL NOT SELL TICKETS AT THE ADMISSION GATE. EACH SCHOOL WILL RECEIVE A PRIVATE LINK WITH THE ALLOTMENT OF TICKETS FOR YOUR SCHOOL ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 15TH AND WILL END AT 11:59 PM ON THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22ND. AFTER THAT, ALL REMAINING TICKETS WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC THROUGH GENERAL TICKET SALES. THE PRIVATE LINK FOR YOUR SCHOOL WILL ONLY BE OPEN FOR ONE WEEK SO MAKE SURE YOUR PARENTS ARE AWARE OF THIS.
Carroll County and GHSA Passes will not be accepted. Please make sure your parents/supporters know. This is a fundraiser for the Norman L. Padget Scholarship fund. There will be a $5 parking fee for the lots located next to the stadium – PLEASE INFORM YOUR PARENTS
More info will be posted as we get closer.
Thank you for reading the post tonight! We look forward to seeing the students again tomorrow and hope that everyone has had a wonderful Fall Break!
Categories: CHS Band