Week at a Glance
- Monday • Full Band 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- Tuesday • Full Band 3:45pm – 6:15pm
- American Pie Spirit Night from 5pm – 9pm
- Thursday • Full Band 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- All In One Kick Off
- Friday • Away Game – No Band
All In One Fundraiser
Our largest fundraiser, during which we sell fruit and meat just in time for Thanksgiving, kicks off this Thursday! Students will be sent home from practice with packets for our annual All in One sale. Please ask them for the information. Our community looks forward to this fundraiser each year and are just waiting to hear from you. If you’d like to spread the word digitally people can order All-In One items via our booster web store as well. (https://chstrojanbandboosters.square.site/shop/all-in-one-sale/6)
The more fruit and meat that we sell this fall, the more we are able to provide for our band. To accomplish our goals, we are asking that each band family sell 30 units of fruit and/or meat. Anything over the 30 units is greatly appreciated! If you would prefer not to sell, a donation of $150 or more would be greatly appreciated and help our booster club to continue providing for our students. Remember, if a customer does not want to purchase fruit or meat, please ask for a donation because any amount will help us reach our goal. Thank you so much for your support of our band students!
Friday Night Football – Away
The football team has re-scheduled Friday night to travel to Veteran’s High School. Since this was previously an open night for our band students and we do not travel to away games yet this year, we will not have an event on Friday night. We look forward to performing for our home game next week when we face Dalton at home!! If you would like to get a sneak peak of our show, we will finish our rehearsals with a run of the show. So long as you are socially distancing in the stands, we would love to run the show for you on Thursday evening around 8:45pm.
Upcoming Dates To Look For
- County Exhibition will not happen on Tuesday, September 22 and we do not have a date as of yet. We will update you when and if a date has been re-scheduled.
- October 3 was supposed to be a band competition at Central, but they have rescheduled to November 7. This was changed on the calendar about a month ago and an email sent out announcing the change. Please make sure you make this change in your calendar.
- October 8 – Because we have lost some opportunities to perform lately we will do a parent preview performance of our show and perform some stands tunes for our parents. We will begin the performance at 8:30 PM and welcome you to socially distance in the stadium while previewing our show. We will do this every Thursday on a smaller scale, but on October 8th we will also play some stands tunes to close out practice.
- October 10 – Mr. Carr made the decision to cancel the Legacy of Champions for a multitude of reasons. The main two reasons being that we had zero bands signed up as of 3 weeks ago, and when calling bands who have previously participated they were either not allowed to travel or not preparing a fieldshow for performances this year and opted for only a pep band format due to COVID guidelines in their school district. Because LoC is a fundraiser in addition to a service to our band community, a minimum number of participants are needed to make it worth the effort.
- Week of October 12 – This was our originally scheduled Fall Break. We now have school on Thursday and Friday of this week, but Mr. Carr has decided to not have after school practices this week. The game that week is away, so no band function either. We will reconvene with our normal schedule on the 19th with excitement!
- October 22 – Another parent preview evening where we will do a full run of the show for our parents beginning at 8:30PM. We may actually perform the show 2 times? This is the night before the Homecoming game versus Paulding County and the final rehearsal before our first “competition.” Mr. Carr has reached out to Strong Rock Christian who hosts a competition for A and AA bands and asked if we could perform as the exhibition band that evening. Details are pending, but this would be an exciting opportunity for our students to show off the hard work they have done since July for a very appreciative audience.
- October 30 – Right now this is an “open” date on our calendar, but our football team is actively looking for an opponent to play. If the game is home, the band will participate. Please stay tuned for more details and do your best to not make plans for October 30.
- November 7 – Super Bowl of Sound at Central HS. Please plan a full day for the band competition at Central – more details will be released as we get closer.
We have an amazing opportunity for all parents who want to get involved with the band program this year! Sponsorships are one of the main revenue sources for our program. We are looking for volunteers who are willing to call and/or visit local businesses to help secure sponsorships for this year. We will provide you with a sample “script”, all the information and support that you need, along with a list of who to contact. If you are interested, please call Jennifer Carden, 678-283-7471 or email at email@example.com.
Does great fellowship with good people sound like something you’d be into? If so, join us this Tuesday, September 22nd from 5-9 for Spirit Night at American Pie! It’s the perfect situation for an after rehearsal meal! We look forward to seeing you there! Kelly Hansen will be set up with the Band Shoppe as well if you are still wanting to purchase some spirit wear.
Did you miss the booster meeting? If so, we recorded it so that you can attend virtually.
Click here to access the meeting • Access Passcode: Booster9/15
A lot of the information covered has been posted here on the website. We also talked of the trip. We have decided not to travel to DC and Philadelphia. The new estimated cost of the trip is about $800 and will be to Universal Studios in Orlando. Details are still pending, but includes a water park and both Universal parks. A meeting about the trip and payment schedule will be announced soon.
Spirit Wear & Show Shirts
Kelly Hansen will be at the band room on Thursday from 5 – 7pm if you have already ordered spirit wear and need to pick it up. This is also a great time to place a pre-order for show shirts and check out other band spirit wear available in our Trojan Band Shoppe. Online pre-order option available here for show shirts..
Donations? Items Needed
- Bottled water or $10 donation so we can buy more
- Since we are not able to use the water coolers, we will use more bottled water than a typical year. All donations are appreciated.
- Hand Sanitizer
- We have had a good response, but we will be using quite a bit of sanitizer over the next few weeks. All donations are appreciated.
- Sanitizing wipes
- This is an area that we do not have as much of, any sanitizing wipes to help keep the storage rooms clean, etc. will help.
Are you in the loop?
- Subscribe to our Remind text the code below to 81010
- Classof2021 Parents: @6dffefa
- Classof2022 Parents: @89hc3gk
- Classof2023 Parents: @72ab42
- Classof2024 Parents: @ka2kded
- Students A-M: @6gaa92
- Students N-Z: 37ebaca
Band Health Class
Parents, if your child has not completed the Health Class, please ask them why not. All work is past due at this point. Yes, they can still turn it in, but time is running out.
Students, many of you have received your grades and have been worried because all of the work is past due and you are worried that you have failed. You are welcome to retake any work that you did not pass until you have a passing grade. At this point however, all passing grades are final. If you have not finished the class, you need to complete all assignments by the end of September. That will give us the month of October to retake any assignments that you need to pass the class. Thank you for finishing up your work.
Categories: CHS Band