- Monday: Percussion from 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Colorguard from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Tuesday: Senior Photos by appointment 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Photo Order form • Download the order form and bring it with you when you take your photos.
- Percussion/Flute/Clarinet/Trumpet/Mellophone from 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Colorguard/All Saxophones and Bass Clarinets /Trombone/Baritone/Sousaphone from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Seniors report in time to be in your uniform ready for your photo. Wear your mask when entering the building to get your uniform and maintain social distancing while getting into your uniform. Photos will take place in the band room in front of the parade banner. Blue tape is on the floor, please proceed as a family to the next blue tape and please wear a mask while waiting inside for your turn to take a photo.
Wednesday: Senior Photos by appointment 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Photo Order form • Download the order form and bring it with you when you take your photos. Please report in time to be in your uniform ready for your photo. Mr. Carr will open the band room at 5:30pm. Photos will take place in the band room in front of the parade banner. Blue tape is on the floor, please proceed as a family to the next blue tape and please wear a mask while waiting inside for your turn to take a photo.
Thursday: Picture DAY!
All band students should wear the proper undergarments (show shirt and band shorts) for their uniform so that they can wear their band uniform over them and not need a dressing room. We will not use shakos, plumes, gauntlets, or gloves for the photos. Many of our students do not have their marching shoes yet, please wear black socks. The photo will be taken from a drone overhead, so as long as students wear long black socks, this should not be a problem for this photo. If you have your marching shoes, please wear them with black socks.
Guard uniforms will be sent home after they return from the cleaners so that students can arrive in their uniform. If the garments are held up at the cleaners, the uniforms will be stored in the girls dressing room so that guard students do not need to travel upstairs to access their uniform. If needed, the guard will be allowed to use the dressing room 5 at a time to ensure proper social distancing and asked to wear their masks while dressing in their uniform. Guard will arrive at 6:00pm and wait on the blue tape to enter the dressing room, as one exits, one more may enter. If the uniforms can be sent home, Colorguard should report in uniform at 6:30pm so that Ramon and staff can help with any last minute touch-ups to help our girls look their best.
- Percussion/Flute/Clarinet/Trumpet/Mellophone arrive at 5:00PM to get into uniform.
- All Saxophones and Bass Clarinets /Trombone/Baritone/Sousaphone arrive at 6:00PM to get into uniform.
Please enter the building (while wearing your masks) from the back loading dock so that you’ll already be upstairs for your uniform. There will be tape on the floor, please move to the next tape until it is your turn to get your uniform. Once you have your uniform, please go down stairs to put your uniform on. Bring your hanger and any uniform items that you do not need with you to the stadium, so that you can put up your uniform efficiently and quickly after the photo. Find a spot under the home stands to keep this until after your photo and remain socially distanced until we report for the photo.
- ALL STUDENTS REPORT TO THE SOCIALLY DISTANCED PHOTO SET BY 6:55PM.
Once all students have arrived at 6:55pm, we will set up the band photo at 7:00pm. The students already know this set so it should only take seconds to set up. After the photos we need to use the following protocol in returning our uniforms as quickly as possible.
- Percussion/Flute/Clarinet/Trumpet/Mellophone since you arrived first, you will be first to return your uniform. Enter the building (with your mask on) with your uniform properly hung on your hanger, the same way you did when you arrived for the photo from the back door upstairs. Put your uniform up and exit down the stairwell. Students will remain in line socially distanced with masks on until it is their turn to turn in their uniform. Once their uniform is turned in you are dismissed.
- All Saxophones and Bass Clarinets /Trombone/Baritone/Sousaphone since you arrived last, please allow the other group to get in line first. You’ll follow the same procedure to return your uniform.
1:00pm – 9:00pm – Schedule to confirmed later this week — working on details for a possible Candle Light Ceremony? If it will not work yet, we are still working on dates, but I wanted to at least share our intention so that senior parents can add it to their calendar in the event that it is possible to host it Saturday night. The ceremony is for all band members and senior parents.
Tentative schedule below:
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Sectionals in the SAC (Same as Tuesday’s groupings)
- Front Ensemble in Band Room
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm Full Band in SAC learn Pre-Game
- Front Ensemble continue sectionals
- 4:30pm – 6:00pm Dinner provided by the boosters
- 6:00pm – 8:00pm Full Band Drill Rehearsal on the field
- 8:00pm – 9:00pm Candle Light Ceremony on the Band Field? More details to follow
2021 Trip Survey
Did you miss this last week? We are working on making a decision about the trip and we want to hear from you about it! With everything going on, we believe it is important to know what our parents and students are thinking. Please fill this out once per family. Thank you again!
Upperclassmen (11-12 graders) – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CC9TFJW
Lowerclassmen (9-10 graders) – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CCL82CB
Donations? Items Needed
- Bottled water or $10 donation so we can buy more
- Since we are not able to use the water coolers, we will use more bottled water than a typical year. All donations are appreciated.
- Hand Sanitizer
- We have had a good response, but we will be using quite a bit of sanitizer over the next few weeks. All donations are appreciated.
- Sanitizing wipes
- This is an area that we do not have as much of, any sanitizing wipes to help keep the storage rooms clean, etc. will help.
Are you in the loop?
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our Remind text the code below to 81010
- Classof2021 Parents: @6dffefa
- Classof2022 Parents: @89hc3gk
- Classof2023 Parents: @72ab42
- Classof2024 Parents: @ka2kded
- Students A-M: @6gaa92
- Students N-Z: 37ebaca
Band Health Class – Please finish by Labor Day
Students have been working diligently all summer for the band health class which is completed online. Your child hasn’t started?! No worries, there is still time, but they need to start NOW. Many students have already completed the entire class! WAY TO GO! More information about the class can be found here. The class code is the code at the end of the title. Students use that code after signing in to Google Classroom (classroom.google.com) to gain access to the class content.
With the extension of the summer, we need to plan on having this class finished before Labor Day. Right now students may retake any exam to get a better grade, but after Labor Day students may only retake an exam that they did not pass. Students will be much happier not having to worry about the health class on top of their other studies.
Categories: CHS Band